Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 61

Author Topic: Lords of Creation  (Read 64571 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Creation
« Reply #600 on: January 26, 2009, 07:53:28 pm »

With that, a massive fissure in the ground developed. As the other armies stepped aside from it, Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa, with a mighty pickaxe clenched in his hands, stepped out. A massive, writhing host of the dead followed him. The huge throng of souls formed a disorganized, chaotic mass near the other armies. The number of the dead was staggering, but somehow unsurprising. Attacking things in the warm daylight would be a welcome vacation for many of the sun starved souls, and after all, dying would only send them back to where they would be forced to return after the battle anyway. The fissure was gigantic, but difficult to see under the roiling crowd of the dead.

Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa wiped his brow, ignoring the commotion that seeing a huge army of dead people crawl out of a gigantic fissure that had formed seconds ago was causing in the other self aware armies.

"Okay, we're here! I hope I'm not too late."

The mattock Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa was holding was not an ordinary digging implement. He had managed to get the signatures of over eight billion souls of various kinds on it and it carried with it the altruistic hopes of even more of the dead than had come to the surface to fight. It would be called The Mattock of The Underworld, and Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa would hit things with it.

((Create Artifact: The Mattock of The Underworld - 3PP))

((Shape Land, Minor - 1PP - Create Fissure))

((5 + 1 artifact = 6))
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 07:55:44 pm by inaluct »

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: January 26, 2009, 08:32:00 pm »

((As God of Violence, I do not get PP for people getting torn apart by demons? That seems violent.))

Ur glared at the tentacle demons, furious at the foul creations. "Yaven'Gan, your creations are abominable beyond all compare. I shall be glad to wipe them from this world!"

Ur spit upon the ground in disgust, making the ground sizzle and burn. From this place rose a giant, tall as a tower with two mouths on each side of it's face, four arms armed with spiked clubs and a single, red, glaring eye. It turned towards the demonic army and begain to attack.

And with that, Ur charged into battle.

((4PP: Create avatar who's sole job is to ravage the countryside eating people on demand. Starting with the tentacle demons.
1PP: Start fighting already, drat it. Total bonus of +6))

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: January 26, 2009, 08:54:38 pm »

((Total attack strength at the moment for us is +18))

"So be it."

Wayock leading his army charged into battle, with Ur on one side and Erif on the other they attacked. Although the demons were stronger, for every Narrian they killed another and two undead stepped up to fight them.The Lord of the Dead was flanking the enemy, and Arn thirsted for the blood of demons. The Gemchildren were supporting with magic and golems.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: January 26, 2009, 08:56:35 pm »

((my bonuses would be +6))
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: January 26, 2009, 08:57:23 pm »

((Uh, 1 PP to attack. :P))

Navian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: January 26, 2009, 09:16:17 pm »

((I guess with only 4 PP, I'll be Switzerland... In Space.))

Apura Khon pretended to watch the battle. She wasn't looking too close, and it was rather hard to see from here, but from this distance, even the most monstrous of creatures in all their vastness were just another dash of colour on an already beautiful world.

The Moon Children watched as well, either tired from their play or simply feeling too contented to move. They were not understanding of the green, white and blue object in their sky, but looked onto it with just as much appreciation for it and for what was occuring as Apura herself. 'A lot' in the former case. 'None' in the latter.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: January 27, 2009, 01:29:14 am »

"Finally. Although I had not planned for the dead ones to join the fight."

Yaven'Gan looked as his army fought, killing tens of enemies for every one of the demons that fell, it would not suffice. He connected with Apep again:
"Apep, take to the skies, where they cannot reach you. Use the Hellfire formation on the magicians."
"Yes, my lord."
Right after the order had been given the entire army flew up into the air. Out of the reach of all but the gemchildren they focused on them. As they closed the fifty thousand dragons of the Nessian horde formed up in a tight formation and got ready to spew flame onto them. The demons took up supporting positions.
It was as if Lotan had fallen onto the planet when the dragons released their deadly flame onto the gemchildren...

(Had you forgotten that my army can fly?)
(Grek, I'm sorry, I had forgotten that you were the god of violence as well. I will take this into consideration for the next cycle.)
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: January 27, 2009, 03:01:53 am »

((Jay Kayell, what's your bonus and are you going to commit PP to attack?))

"Archers! Fire at their soft underbellies when they are in range! Erif! Hook a large boulder and throw it at them!"

The archers were slightly effective, killing some enemies, a good number but not a huge amount. Erif however, was much more effective, one boulder took out three or four enemy soldiers. The enemy were decimating the Narrians, with a few hundred thousand dead, while the dead just kept growing.. and growing... and growing.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 05:49:13 am by Emperor_Jonathan »

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: January 27, 2009, 06:49:06 am »

(My bonus is +7, and I don't intend to attack you, I'll just wait for you to attack me :P)

The demons were suffering slightly under the arrowfire, but the dragons' hides were far too hard for something that weak to pierce it. The demons started swooping down, killing the archers, and then flying away again. The dragons, having greatly reduced the number of gemchildren, started to turn their attention towards the Narrians as well.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: January 27, 2009, 06:57:33 am »

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: January 27, 2009, 07:01:56 am »

(Nice!)

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: January 27, 2009, 08:55:38 am »

((my bonuses are 6+1 exarch +1 the staff artifact=+8. THe golem artifact does not participate in this fight.))

Fan-Hondak was unfased by the small losses that had occured. He waved his staff, and all the great mages waved their staffs and wands too. Millions upon millions of arrows of light, darkness, fire, thunder, wind, earth, water, ice, and all elements immaginable weant straight at the Demons. The golems used their magical defences and fists to defend and bash any demon who dared approch, as well as shield their masters from the fire of the flying demons. Soon, dead demons were raining down from the skies, their bodies mutilated into a barely recognizable paste.

((1 PP Attack. Jay, no matter what you do, an attack is an attack, you have +7 and your ally has +6, while all of us combined have far more than that. According to the game's rules, you lose. I alone with a bonus of +8 beat you, so with all of us together, you just lose.))
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 08:59:55 am by Poltifar »
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: January 27, 2009, 09:31:11 am »

(I am not on the battlefield, you do not know where I am, you cannot attack what you cannot see. Ergo, you must find me first.)

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: January 27, 2009, 09:47:15 am »

(Since there are no rules for finding you and no rules for this kind of thing, i object. Otherwise, I'll teleport myself and my people somewhere else without mentioning it and ergo, i'll be untouchable too. Besides, the bonuses are also for the army. So all your army and dragons are destroyed, and i barely lose any Gemchildren, not 'suffer great losses' as you say)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 09:49:31 am by Poltifar »
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: January 27, 2009, 09:56:38 am »

(The bonuses are strictly for battle between gods. The battle between armies is pure roleplaying with no real rules.

And it would be rather strange if you could just attack someone if you don't know where thay are. Indeed you could teleport yourself away and hide, and unless someone finds you they can't attack. The problem is that then you would be unable to aid the other gods in the battle.)
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 61