Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 61

Author Topic: Lords of Creation  (Read 64576 times)

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Creation
« Reply #585 on: January 26, 2009, 03:09:31 am »

All the Narrians were doing work, some were training but all head it. The scream that came from the desert, not just one but many. All the Narrians lined up in one big group, looking out towards the desert. Instead of filling the Narrians with despair it filled them with rage, with courage. They would have gone against an enemy many times their number, and many times their size. They would have gone against them and fought courageously no matter the odds.

But they didn't. Although there were murmurs of
"These.. Evil beings!" "We must destroy them now!" And other manner of things, Wayock calmed them.

"Look at yourselves, fools! We cannot help them! If we were to march there every one of them would be dead, and a lot more of us would be dead afterwards."

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: January 26, 2009, 03:21:33 am »

((This has happened: Armok has been struck by a Fey mood!! Armok Has claimed a Wacom Tablet!! Armok has begun a mysterius construction! Armok cancels post; fey mood.

I mean fey mood, dabbling artist to legendary (ok, maybe just kinda good) artist in a single work, and doped everything because of inspiration.))
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: January 26, 2009, 06:26:39 am »

((Emperor Jonathan; you are a heartless bastard. Technically the right choice, but still. You're like the boss of *movie star hero* who says, no, you can't go, it's to dangerous, wherupon the *movie star hero* does it anyway and saves the day. Except that you have no movie star.
Anyway, PP's a coming, and seeing as there is nothing more urgent to do, citadel!))

Insurgo returned to the underworld, and went to the citadel-in-progress. To his dismay, the gemchildren had made almost no progress. He went unto the leaders of their feeble efforts, and spoke, "Fools, you must work faster! This slope, it must be a sheer clif!" And the slope infront of them crumbled, leaving them standing on the verge of a cliff which descended straight down to the valley floor. "And a great fortress, growing from the cliff!"-The ground heaved and the peaks of towers began to grow from the earth, followed soon by walls, and under them, a huge mass of rock, peppered with spy-holes, hung with towers. "Bridge, walls, road!"-A huge fortified bridge sprung across the river, walls grew along the fortress-facing side, and a road condensed from the bridge to the fortress' main entrance.
"Now thats more like it!"
The gemchildren gawped.
"M-m-m-ma-?"
"Magical defenses, quite right. The walls must be studded with gems!"-and from all over the cavern, gems popped out of the rocks, and flew towards the fortress. Gems studded it until the whole ensemble glowed like a rainbow, filling the cavern with a peacefull, multicolored light.
"It's so beautifull!" cried a gemchild.
"True. However, it is also useless. Those gems will not hold up against Fan-Hondak's magic for very long. They need... more POWER" And from Insurgo's fingertips flowed glowing red lights, which filled the gems, and crackled over the fortress. Every gem turned a dull red, and the peacefull light became an evil, dark red light, full of shadows.

(Ok, so. PP allocation. 'Create engineering masterpiece' is not in the rules post, but it's more refined than simple 'shape land minor'. 2PP, say. 1 PP spent to grant the fortress extended protection against magical attacks.
Insurgo's Ruby citadel:
#natural rock    \natural slope    _ or + ground    ~river  |sheer cliff   *Fortress    =Bridge   - road
To sapphire tunnels on left, to Fan-Hondak on right
BEFORE
Side view                             Top view
#########                    ##########                    Big, and red. When (If) the gemchild war is over, Insurgo's keeping it,
##          ##                    ##     ~     ##                    For pilgrims to pilgrim to. For Teachers to teach in. For Insurgo to hide
#              #                    ++\    ~     /++                   from the wrath of Yaven'Gan.
                                      ##     ~     ##
#\           /#                    ##########                     The cavern is convivinently placed so that any one trying to attack
##\__  _/##                                                             SapphireTunnels either has to go through it, or take a large detour, or
####~###                                                              attempt to go through minor tunnels.

AFTER                                                                      If you consider this overpowered, or odd, think of it as Insurgo's own
Side view                         Top view                             deny-my-divinity plane equivalant. Infact, do you think I could get a
#########                    ##########                     1+ (planes give a 2+) bonus to combat whilst residing?
##          ##                    #*     ~     ##                     If not, I could make a plane next turn and move the whole caffafel into
#              #                    +**---=---/++                     it, but that seems a waste, seeing as nessus came with a ready-made
  **                                 #*     ~     ##                     palace.
#|*          /#                    ##########
#|*__=_/##
####~###

/Insurgo's ruby citadel description

Armok is running around babbling? Armok has drowned? Or has armok produced an artifact image?

Lets be having PP. Then you peoples can throw mortals at each other. )
Long Live United Forenia!

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: January 26, 2009, 06:48:06 am »

Yaven'Gan saw the Narrian army still standing in position, still waiting. He wondered if they would not fight because they were afraid? No matter, they would all die soon. He decided that he should try to speed up the process...

He created a creature more horrible than anything that had ever walked the surface of Primordia before. A writhing mass of flesh, with a giant gaping maw and a hundred spear-tipped tentacles. It was driven by an endless need to feed on the flesh of his enemies, to grow larger. Then he created another, and another, and soon there were hundreds of them.

He threw them down to the planet, into the enemy horde, and they started to feed...

(create populace: 3PP)

(And indeed you can have a +1 inside the citadel, you did enchant it with magic after all.)
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: January 26, 2009, 06:53:29 am »

(I can haz PP?

One more than last turn to me and Wayock, due to the increase in war and destruction, the same amount to the rest.)

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: January 26, 2009, 08:54:15 am »

Zyenild was infuriated. How dare that Insurgo decide to act now, when he himself was busy helping all the good of the world? The puny fortress they had made was completely useless in the long run, as even that so-called 'magic protection' was nothing. They had barely randomly studded the walls with gems, not knowing what any would actually do. It was a laughable attempt. But he couldnt just let it go. Turning to Wayock, he said, "If we do not act soon, I will have to move back to my lands. It is obvious that the demon god is preparing a trap for us, but if we prepare a surprise for him too, I'm sure we will be able to win. So unless we start the war this very cycle, i shall return to face Insurgo."

While saying that, Zyenild smashed his god fist next to the fortress Insurgo had built. From where the fist hit the ground, a giant being arose, a being of earth, metal, and gems. A humongous golem, half as big as the whole fortress was. That being started pounding day and night on the fortress, keeping anything from getting in or out. It couldnt get pass the anti-magic barriers yet, but alteast it held its occupants in check. Each time a piece of the golem was broken, magical flows drew more material from Primordia to remake it.

((Create Artifact, giant golem, 3PP))
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: January 26, 2009, 09:49:24 am »

((Zyenild; the fortress is not magically protected. It is protected against magic, by raw god-power. Magic is (as you defined it) basically recycled god-power. Insurgo only used the gems as storage for his power.
Also, the fortress backs onto a tunnel leading back to Sapphire Tunnels, so people can still take the back entrance :/))

Insurgo watched the giant golem attempt to break his fortress, but the wards against all forms of magic were acting as shields against it's magically supported nature.
"Call off your toy, Zyenild, or I shall destroy it!" he shouted to the open cavern.
Nevertheless, he fumed, for untill the golem was dealt with, they could not set up farms, and the citadel could not be brought to its full potential.
The golem continued to smash.

((So, war and destruction equals more PP? Ego-boosting doesn't sound as bad now.
Anyways, to war, you people. I can't stop you fighting unless you are))

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: January 26, 2009, 09:56:19 am »

(War equals more PP for Wayock and I, he is a god of war and I am a god of all kinds of conflict and destruction.)

Navian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: January 26, 2009, 01:55:45 pm »

((Hey, I've been doing lots of stuff to make the world prettier! Mortals building mansions and throne rooms, picturesque wildernesses, and of course the night sky... Anyway, looks like it's time for something new.))

Still the world was in turmoil. The steel-skinned dullards of the demon army still milled about, committing acts of petty mischief, too scared to fight where there would be risk to themselves. Apura remained securely snuggled in her lunar home, as she created servants of her own. They were neither mortals like the gem children, nor godlike superbeings like Axiom's creations, but something inbetween. For now, the Moon Children would live, as Primordia was still unfit for Apura's future plans.

She drew their essence from the many races below, and shaped it into an entirely new form. They were modest in size, taller and thinner than humans, fair of hair and skin with beautiful white feathery wings to use in the low lunar gravity, and collect energy from the sun and stars to help sustain them.

3 PP: Create Populace (Moon Children)

Realizing she'd forgotten something important, Apura breathed a thin atmosphere over the lunar surface for gravity to grasp a hold of. Now her creations could breathe and soar, keeping ahead of the dark. They were still primitive in their thoughts and behavior, seeking only joy only in the sunlight and their play with others, but Apura was more than content for now. If all went well, the Moon Children would have a long and peaceful future ahead of them.

1 PP: Nourish Land (Lunar Atmosphere)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: January 26, 2009, 02:58:14 pm »

((Hee-hee. More peoples to corrupt. That reminds me. Jay, why are the flesh eaters populace? And whilst I'm on the subject, TENTACLE DEMONS! I TOLD YOU!))

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: January 26, 2009, 05:39:12 pm »

(Because they are smarter than animals, driven by an endless hunger, but still smart.

And they are not tentacle demons! They simply have tentacles, and are demons... :P)

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: January 26, 2009, 05:53:05 pm »

"Zyenild, we will attack this cycle."

The horde were just resting when great balls of fire were urtling towards them in the sky, altough te horde were fearing for their life, they were helpless against magic like that. Wayock could see what they really were.

"Everyone get away from them, don't let them hit you! They are creatures of the Great army! Zyenild, Gemchildren GET YOUR GOLEMS OVER HERE!"

"Quick, get those pikes out, be ready for the onslaught!"

((More to come in a later post.))
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 06:39:07 pm by Emperor_Jonathan »

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: January 26, 2009, 07:02:42 pm »

"at last. the battle we have all been waiting for will start"
Nel'ulos got into a battle ready position. ((i give my 1pp for combat now))
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: January 26, 2009, 07:36:21 pm »

Wayock calls out.

"Nel'ulos! I give you a choice! Turn away from this folly, and you nor your race will be harmed."

Wayock reached into the ground, his hand creating a huge hole he pulled from the ground a magical substance from the creation of Primoridia, he covered it over his axe, it froze solid. Creating a magical weapon, called Arn. ((Create Artifact - 3PP 2PP Left))

Wayock was ready for battle.((1PP For Battle 1PP Left))

"Lord of the Underworld, Zyenild, Ur! ((Ru too)) Now is the time to drive back this monster, this monster who strives for the enslavement of all races, the destruction of order from the world. We must win! And to win we must band together and fight back!"

((Can we post our bonuses? Mine are 5 +1 Exarch +1 Artifact, 7 total.))

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: January 26, 2009, 07:40:11 pm »

Nel'ulos just stared at wayock. his expression unchanged.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 61