Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 61

Author Topic: Lords of Creation  (Read 64582 times)

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Creation
« Reply #555 on: January 24, 2009, 10:35:47 pm »

"you say if Yaven'gan wins the other side will surely be destroyed then? why would yaven'gan go against impossible odds if he didn't think he had the ability to win. the "benevolent" gods outnumberus entirely. im doing the best for my creations in ensuring they wont be entirely destroyed."
at this point Nel'ulos is looking quite annoyed at the god of the underworld, and is obviously impatient for the battle to start.
((i would like it to be known right here and now that if me and jay lose i am fine with my god dieing.))
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 10:42:15 pm by Dragooble »
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: January 24, 2009, 10:42:55 pm »

Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa looks disappointed and slightly confused. He puts his hand back at his side.

"I said that if Yaven'Gan won, he would turn on the Behemoths and kill them. If you had allied with the benevolent deities, the Behemoths would have been accepted by them. Now, they will be hated and despised forever; considered eternal traitors to the causes of freedom, knowledge, and friendship."

Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa walks back to the hole and jumps into the darkness of the underworld.

((You just missed your dramatic hero moment by misreading my last post.))

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: January 24, 2009, 10:49:58 pm »

Nel'ulos looks at the hole the god of the underworld came from(i refuse to even attempt spelling your name) "it seems either way the behemoths will die then" Nel'ulos said this out of earshot from the behemoths. instead he began to ponder what he would do after yaven'gan and himself won. he channeled a mental message to his great serpent. serpent, if Yaven'gan wins, prevent him from entering the mountain. as it stands i still dont trust him"
((and i refuse to be a dramatic hero >:(! go team Mustache-twirlers!))

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: January 24, 2009, 11:05:45 pm »

"If we do prevail, I refuse to be responsible for the death of them, i think their punisment should be imprisonment in the underworld for all eternity. ((More like 3 - 5 cycles))"

((ALSO Can I create Multiple Planes, right? I want to get about 5 inc. Nar.))
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 11:16:43 pm by Emperor_Jonathan »

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: January 24, 2009, 11:35:45 pm »

Nel'ulos's serpent watched him on the battlefield from his mountain perch. Nel'ulos was exceeding expectations.
((PLOT TWIST DUN-DUN-DUN. and nothing in the rules states you cant have multiple planes. it isnt very unbalancing in my opinion since they're mostly for role-playing purposes. i would also like no-one to know of what the serpent is thinking as i have a plan for it.))
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 11:38:54 pm by Dragooble »

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: January 24, 2009, 11:41:08 pm »

Ur stepped through the portal between Primordia and Nar, appearing before Wayock as he army marched through. He was in full armour and ready for battle, with his crown of fish-headed serpents, bronze armour, and Zimmerflity as His side. Only His shadow seemed different, seemingly cast by some other being entirely, something bizzare and monsterous.

"We'll each create a prison and provide for it's defense. I shall seal away Nel'ulos and You...You shall seal away Yaven'gan. Onward to battle!"
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 11:52:22 pm by Grek »

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: January 24, 2009, 11:58:22 pm »

"We will not enter battle straigt away, and I personally think they should be imprisoned in the deepest darkest depths of the underworld.

Erif, get your men to work."

The protal exited ona plaeteau wit only one path of access, it was in a wooded area with a mountain rigt by it, with two rivers flanking the plateau. Obvious Narrian habitation was seen nearby, and these people were recruited to feed the horde of Wayock.Te place was far,far away from the great army, it was very cold too, not Nar cold but cold for Primoridia. Perfect for the Narrians.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: January 25, 2009, 01:49:51 am »

The battle was about to start. Zyenild wasted no time, appearing to Fan-Hondak once more in vision. He ordred him go with most of his army and constructs through the glowng portal he would create in a few days near the capital, lest the world be taken over by evil. As soon as he exited the vision, the gemchild took his staff, summoned his army, and went as he was commanded. Enough of the army was kept at base that the puny rebels had no chance of passing with what little magic they had.

Zyenild opened the portal, and it led the army right to the surface, next to Wayock's army. Zyenild explained to the gemchildren that these were there allies, and told Wayock that he could lead the gemchildren in battle as he was the god of war and thus more fit to command armies.

Then, Zyenild decided to help his children a bit more for the comming battle. He created newer, better constructs, and taught them how to make them themselves. They were leaner constructs, not the large lumbering golems of before, but nimle dexterous creations that could master weapons like few living beings could. Thus, the third tier of the path of magic was completely revealed, the Path of the Artificer.

((1PP create portal, 2PP create nimble weaponmaster constructs, 1PP teach gemchildren how to make these and other constructs (Path of the Artificer), 2PP left one of which is for the battle))
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: January 25, 2009, 03:08:07 am »

Wayock was overseeing his troops when a portal appeared next to him, bowing Wayock said"Zyenild, I see you have come, and you have brought aid, I thank you. Ah, I see you brought your gemchildren, and constructions it seems! These will be a great deal of help, I'll make sure they are welcomed. Excuse me, I need to continue working." Wayock bowed again.

There were already wooden fortifications setup but stone was being quarried from the nearby mountain, the constructions were sturdy, but makeshift, all were helping. Even Erif and Wayock himself. Scouts sent out earlier came back and told that the Desert was 50 miles away  and the great army was another 50 after that. The scouts said that they were in a ruined city. Wayock was amazed the scouts weren't seen, or worse killed. Now all he was waiting for is the confirmation of whatever aid the Lord of the Dead could give.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: January 25, 2009, 03:25:47 am »

A translucent phantom approaches Wayock and hands him and envelope. Inside, on stationary labeled "From The Desk Of The Underworld," there is a note;

"Wayock, although I am currently preoccupied with something, you can anticipate my aid in the battle, particularly if the tide seems about to turn in favor of Yaven'Gan. I would write more explaining the situation, but it really needs to be taken care of. -Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa"

Meanwhile, inside Mount Eto, Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa is playing Twister with some of the dead. He is losing. The situation is indeed dire.

((I'm out of PP. If it gets distributed before the fight, you can probably count me in. If it doesn't and you lose, you can probably count on me being a constant antagonist for Yaven'Gan and Nel'ulos.))

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: January 25, 2009, 06:16:58 am »

Wayock sighed, until the Lord of the Underworld could help we had to stay and fortify, the stone walls were almost finished and scouts say the Great Army hasn't moved from the ruins.

Wayock mumbled.

"Gloating no less."

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: January 25, 2009, 07:05:22 am »

"This is troublesome", Yaven'Gan thought, "The armies of the others do not attack. Maybe I can force their hand? They care about the lives of innocents, do they not? I should exploit this weakness."

He connected mentally with Apep and ordered him to send a few legions out to plunder and destroy outside the desert, but to disengage as soon as the enemy was sighted.

Meanwhile, in the ruined town of Khaven:

Apep ordered the first, second and third legions to assemble. They did so quickly, hoping for more plunder.

"Our Lord wants you to head outside the desert, to ravage the lands there. Do not fight with the wargod or his army for now, if you see them you will retreat."
They did as they were commanded, and spread horror and destruction to the people near the desert.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: January 25, 2009, 08:31:50 am »

Meanwhile, blissfully unaware of all that is happening on the surface, five assasains make their final preperations. Their blades are dulled, their feet padded. The leader signals, and they all drop down a hole, landing in the middle of the enemy camp- or at least, where the enemy camp was.
"What the?" exclaimed the leader, pulling down his facemask.
The others remain silent.
"Back to base. Quickly!"

Insurgo stood in the map chamber, confused. An assasain stepped into the room, bowed, and said "The southern camp is abandoned, sir. They have retreated back to where they came from"
Insurgo sighed, and removed several figures from the map.
"Something is wrong. We do not have enough men to take all the abandoned positions. I cannot understand why Zyenild would do this, unless.. No, there is no need. The only reason he would join that war would be to inflate his own giant ego."
Insurgo thought for a moment.
"Oh. Hahaha. This is our lucky decade. Ni-Ber, recruit more warriors. Gur'ak, prepare the teachers. You, unamed guy, assemble the every mason and miner in the clan.
During this respite, we shall turn that"-he pointed at a large cavern crossed by a river, deep in enemy territory-" into an indistructable citadel. We shall set up farms, barracks, forges and homes. No siege will break it. When Zyenild returns, he shall not find us cowering under rocks, waiting to be crushed. It will be a fair fight once more!"
Everybody cheered and went their seperate ways. Insurgo stayed behind. He would have to aid in the construction of the citadel, but he wanted to check out the surface first. His gemchild body crumbled away, and he rose to the surface, stopping on an outcrop overlooking the two armies.
He regarded the two sides with shock. Not hundreds, nor thousands, nor tens of thousands, but hundreds of thousands of mortals waited on both sides. Were it not for the spatial constraints, there would have probably been more.
"Oh, gods. You are all wrong, wrong bastards. You will rip this world apart, for your own amusment. I should have allied with the god of progress, but it is to late now."
A frightening thought sprang to mind.
If even a percentage of Yaven'Gan's army were to flee into the underworld.. the gemchildren would be crushed!
"There must be some way I can stop this, or slow it down... I cannot continue my petty war below whilst this happens on the surface.."
Axiom! Axiom and his Illochicate! 'sworn not to interfere', not when he sees this!

((Inaluct; Why oh why didn't you get Insurgo to help you when trying to convert the Behemoths? He's a god of corruption and defiance, thats his job!
Armok: Ok, hit me. Consider Insurgo as seeking your aid. Spill the beans, thicken the plot.
Mmm, bean-filled plot.
Am saving PP till I know where it's needed most))
Long Live United Forenia!

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: January 25, 2009, 01:17:42 pm »

"Yaven'gan? are you fine with me withholding the behemoths in your demons provocative rampage? we will need as many fighters as we can get and the behemoths arent as killing machine like as the demons and dragons.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: January 25, 2009, 01:54:29 pm »

"That is what I had intended, the demons and dragons are far faster and run less risk of getting bogged down by enemies."
Decapitation - enjoy the difference
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 61