Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 61

Author Topic: Lords of Creation  (Read 64397 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Creation
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2009, 05:54:06 am »

(dear god of progress... you speak about morals to give to life... but all we have is viruses and planned! bacteria. now, could you tell me how to teach something to them? you are asking for impossible things!)
(concept of fire is part of concept of energy, isn't it? i see somebody created a sun. that is good, because even though Earth core is hot, and surface warm enough to allow the most simple life, it still was way too cold)

the old one sit and saw. and something new entered the plane, filling it, energy. power, but different than the one of the gods. energy was heat, heat was energy, but energy was more than that, many other things could be done. and then a god took this energy and made a ball out of it, a sun, to give heat to primordia. and the old one was happy. and then another good created a gem, a gem made of the power of the gods, and threw it in the sky, to give light to everybody in present and future. and He was happy. then other gods came, evil arrived, but He wasn't angry. and came another god, the god of progress. calling for progress he decided not to let any life spawn in primordia, disappointing all the other gods. and He wasn't happy. to the new god He went, and to him He spoke
"morals you say, but what we have created now is too simple to understand them. you want to avoid their death, but can't you see that if there is life there must be death? since my creation life and death merged, and one can't exist without the other. to do what you want, we will have to create something complex before, complex enough to understand what we say. we can't do it backward like you want. Life, because of its own meaning, want to live, and won't extint itself so soon, unless we fail at creating it. what we need is not perfect life, but life that can learn, that can get better with time, life that try to keep life in this world. death can't be avoided, they will fight maybe, but as i said there must be death. let us create life, let us make it grow, let us shape it, and then teach to it. and you seem to forget that while we are gods, we are creating something that will move and think on its own, something that we can't control. and something we don't have any experience with, something more than the elemental forces from which we came. how could we know how to create life, without trying it ? there might be problems, but that is no reason to stop us. this is the first time, but will not be the last. we can believe that something is good and bad, but not everybody will agree, and we can't be sure of it till we try. in the future most of you will disagree, will fight. but from now we must learn to work and live togheter, or our creation will turn into distruction."

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2009, 08:17:51 am »

(Primordia is now in a binary star system. Narl'agash's is just smaller then the other one.)

"One way or another, Life will sort iteslf out. We should just create it, and see what Life chooses for itself."

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2009, 08:22:20 am »

(Ok, so for astral objects, we have 2 suns and one bright star. I'll make the rest of the stars later, so maybe someone should make the moon(s)?)
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2009, 08:53:23 am »

(uh? i thought that the gem was meant to be a far star?

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2009, 08:57:15 am »

(andrea, yes. My gem is a far but bright star. The 2 suns i mentioned are the ones Yaven'Gan and Narl'agash each made seperately. Narl'agash's is smaller than Yaven'Gan's.)
<@Akroma> eh

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2009, 09:07:00 am »

"Everything needs a name. My home shall henceforth be known as 'Nal.' Life on this ball of stone shall be guided by Nal's light while the other ball of flame cannot be seen. Incidentally, I am impressed by this other ball of flame.

(Out of sheer stubbornness, I refuse to wrongly call any star that is not the Sun a sun. Or any star system other then the Solar System a solar system. This makes is slightly more difficult to talk about such things. Narl'agash doesn't yet know of Primordia's name.)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2009, 09:16:37 am »

(didn't see the second sun... can't remember all anmes. i'll check again)

(wow... how could i miss that? won't primordia have problems of overheating? it has an hot core and 2 suns...)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 09:19:02 am by andrea »

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2009, 09:18:52 am »

(Now that it has a name, we can just call it 'Nal' instead of sun. Now we need Yaven'Gan to give a name to the rotating ball. Also, I guess that we shouldnt call anything 'moon' either, since we can't call anything 'sun'. Other than that, Nal does not rotate around Primordia? That means that there is no night yet. Interesting. Unless, maybe, Nal is not bright enough to create a true day, but instead is as bright as say, our moon. Could you clarify this please?)
<@Akroma> eh

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2009, 09:22:12 am »

(Nal is a bit further away, and is smaller, so yes, it acts much like our moon.)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2009, 09:23:12 am »

(shouldn't be primordia to rotate around the sun, when we implement orbits? i know we could do it backward and fix later, but won't this raise all the scientists vs church issues?)

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2009, 09:27:02 am »

(andrea, its a fantasy world. The stars are gems, gods play with the world, etc... we dont really need to make it scientifically plausible)
<@Akroma> eh

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2009, 09:29:03 am »

(need and want are different things)

(and i am still worried about overheating.)

StrikeTheSand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2009, 09:55:12 am »

(Think tatooine. Most star systems are binary or trinary anyway, and scientists believe it is perfectly probable that life would exist in such situations, if conditions permit.)
I figured demons came from the 50 or so years of inbreeding between the things, like some weird goblin evolution.
I now have justification for genocide. Thank you.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2009, 10:01:16 am »

(yes, true. but there seem to be a god of progress who would happily turn primordia into a star, if that was the only way not to have life there)

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2009, 10:02:51 am »

(Then it seems this 'god of progress' will have to be the first casuality in the gods' conflicts.)

(anyways, about the turns, do they really have to be 1 real-life week long each? it seems a bit too much, especially now at the beginning. Already 2 days, and most gods have exhausted their PP supplies, and can't really do anything else for now. Maybe we should have a more flexible time frame for turns? its all up to the GM and other players, ofcourse)
<@Akroma> eh
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 61