Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 61

Author Topic: Lords of Creation  (Read 64690 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Creation
« Reply #435 on: January 21, 2009, 12:57:40 am »

"Wait, what's this?"

Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa picks up a note.

"Hey, it's from Axiom! It says; 'My dear friends, I am going out for a, uh, pack of cigarettes. Do not wait for me. -Axiom.'"

"Huh, I didn't know he smoked."

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: January 21, 2009, 01:11:48 am »

(Hehe, smoke... Anyways, I'll be giving out PP later today, so if you have any left you should spend it.)
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: January 21, 2009, 01:17:59 am »

As the first few fungus organisms awoke to sentience, Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa revealed is existence to them. Although he obviously could not guide them to do something yet, he taught them about the universe.

Teach Populace - 1PP
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 01:19:55 am by inaluct »

Navian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: January 21, 2009, 01:19:52 am »

"Birth, death, and rebirth are abstract concepts. We are conceptual beings, these things are only literal when we define them to be. And, even in your 'metaphorical' rebirth, there remains a 'metaphorical' death--as if somehow, spiritual birth or rebirth are less real than full bodily reincarnation. I do not appreciate your attempt to define my purpose, but I thank you for helping me define it better myself."

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: January 21, 2009, 01:21:25 am »

"See, guys? I helped someone today. Look who's evil and bloodthirsty now."

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: January 21, 2009, 01:45:33 am »

"Oh. New Goddess. And more stuff hovering around in there. And aren't I the God of metaphors? Or at least dismembering metaphors? Something like that. Want an impaled eyeball? It has really pretty wings..."

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: January 21, 2009, 08:40:25 am »

Zyenild greeted the new goddess, and said farewell to Axiom. Although he was saddened by the latter's departing, he could not stop now. He had some power left for this cycle, and wished to use it to help his people.

He went down to Fan-Hondak, and infront of him, built a new creation. A being made of earth, metal, stone, and gems, its entrails arranged in intricate ways to make it function on the power of magic. It was the first magical construct, and he made many of them, to guard and help the new group of Gem Children who were to rightfully lead all of their kind. Hopefully, one day, they would make their own constructs without his help.

((Create beast: simple magical constructs 2PP, none left))
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 21, 2009, 10:27:06 am »

(Okay, here comes the PP-truck! :P

The same amount as last time to everyone but Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa and the God of Progress, who get one more for the enormous impact their actions has had on the lives of lesser beings.)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: January 21, 2009, 12:19:13 pm »

And lo; whilst Yaven'Gan introduced evil to the world, and prepared his demons to serve him in primordia, his evil spread to places he did not intend it to be. It clung to his essence as he passed between Nessus and Primordia, and was introduced to the demons, for truly they were creatures of natural good, being bound intrisically to their lord's will. And the evil touched Insurgo, and he was corrupted. He strode forth from the forge where he worked, and looked upon the ravaged wilderness around him. "Why is this so?" he asked. He looked at his fellow demons. "Why do we do what we do?" Then he looked forth to the gaping mouth of the portal between Nessus and the surface of Lotan, and he said:"There must be answers, for here are only questions."
Insurgo traveled for days across the scrubland, but the portal would not come closer. If he flew up, it rose. If he went forwards, it moved away. If he went back, it returned. Insurgo cursed and ranted, to no avail. Then he saw Yaven'Gan, and he knew he was his creator. "Curse you, Yaven'Gan!", he shouted,"You have created me as that I may not seek answers!" And  with those words, he defied Yaven'Gan, thus defiying his own flesh. He screamed, and his flesh boiled away and his bones crumbled. But where he had been, a spirit remained. An enbodiment of defiance. And now he saw the portal, and he did pass through it. He appeared on Lotan, and saw the world. He saw the gods, planning, creating, manipulating. They, he thought, may have the answers.

(
Name:Insurgo (the fallen)
Domains:Sentinence, Curiosty, Corruption (Defiance)
Disposition:Insurgo was a mortal servant of Yaven'Gan. As such, despite his godhood, he has mortal interests. He delights in followers, of any kind, and will do anything to get them. He has the seperate interest of spreading knowledge amongst sentinent races.
Appearance:Insurgo defaults to a pale spirit form of his orignal body (a Demon), but prefers to take on the form of the sentinent race with which he is dealing. Only his eyes (and powers, obviously) betray his true identity.
)

Insurgo went forth to the arbiters grounds, and he spoke to the gods. He asked them many questions, seeking reasons for their actions. But none could answer him satisfactorily, on the contorary, the more he spoke with them, the more he felt they had no reasons, no plan, but simply intented to play with the creatures of primordia for ever. He stayed with them and talked for a while [but what is 'a while' to gods [or the like]], but he had decided on a course of action already.

(Yo going down, toymasters!)
Long Live United Forenia!

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: January 21, 2009, 12:25:32 pm »

"I have a plan."

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: January 21, 2009, 12:29:53 pm »

"Apura Khon, I must remind you that technically, nobody can die. All sentient beings are immortal. The beings who metaphorically 'die' actually go to the underworld, and will hopefully be Reincarated once we invent the concept. But nobody can in fact die. That is very important to note.

Death is a terrible thing to occur to any sentient being, so, of course, it has been abolished."
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 12:32:23 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: January 21, 2009, 01:04:22 pm »

Yaven'Gan felt a disturbance within his realm and went to see what it was. He was quite surprised to find one of his demons wandering far from the settled areas, seemingly wanting to reach the portal.

He approached the slave and it saw him, and started shouting: "Curse you, Yaven'Gan! You have created me as that I may not seek answers!" When the slave uttered these words it was as if he had rejected his own being and so he burned, and his bones turned to dust. Yaven'Gan was quite surprised by this, his slaves were not supposed to think for themselves, but this one had done so. Then he felt a surge of energy, the birth of a god, and he felt that this energy was The Blasphemer. Before he could crush this cretin from existence it fled through the portal.

How was it that this one had defied him? How was this possible? The Evil, it must have spread here, made them question him. He must rectify this situation at once.

He needed a way to ensure their obedience. He therefore marked not only their flesh, but their souls, and never again would they be able to defy him, doing so would mean that their souls would be torn apart, and without a soul their bodies would be damned to forever wander Nessus, searching for that which they had lost.

(mark of obedience: 1PP)

He then swore that he would punish the Blasphemer, the only one of his creations to ever defy him.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: January 21, 2009, 01:19:43 pm »

(Jackpot! I cannot thank you enough for playing along. There was me thinking I'd have to do some effort to become hated by the gods. Heh. The way is clear for a great holy war between the teachers of Insurgo and the demons of Yaven'Gan. But not this round, at least. I got stuff to do, you know?)
And Insurgo saw Yaven'Gan coming for him, and he fled, running from the arbiters grounds, and diving into the subteranean tunnels.
One day, he might be strong enough to stand up to him, but not today.
(No action)
Long Live United Forenia!

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 21, 2009, 01:36:48 pm »

(The way you came into being is enough for Yaven'Gan to hate you. He isn't the nicest person in the world :P)

When Yaven'Gan reached the arbiter's grounds he saw that the Blasphemer was not there and so he left again, he still had some preparations to make before he could send out his demons to invade Primordia and it would take far too long to search all of creation to find him.

Navian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: January 21, 2009, 02:15:11 pm »

"A poor strategy. Death culls weakness, Without true death the realm becomes crowded with souls that are unfit, unhealthy, and unattractive. Still, it can be overcome, and here is one such way..."

With her guidepost in place, dominating the night sky, Apura went to the world and created something both beautiful and terrible. If souls could not be culled, perhaps they could at least be organized so that the best would have the most power to affect the world.

3 PP: Create concept (Class system)

She taught this first to the Gem People, as it was they who would most benefit from professionals, artists, scholars, and teachers freed of the tedium of self-care and sustenance. Despite the flaws and injustices inherent in this crude new system, the increase in efficiency was tangible, bringing a great rebirth of the arts and sciences to their culture.

1 PP: Teach Populace

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 61