Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 61

Author Topic: Lords of Creation  (Read 64686 times)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Creation
« Reply #405 on: January 19, 2009, 12:38:39 am »

(The problem is that the concept of justice seems too vague. Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa was able to subvert what the God of Balance did by redefining immortality, so I could see the God of Balance subverting the Concept of Justice to promote my progressive agenda.

Anyway 1 PP from Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa, 1 PP from the God of Balance. Ur, you're willing to give the last PP for "Reincarnation"?)
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 19, 2009, 12:48:52 am »

"I propose the following:

Mortals shall be born from living mortals, as they are now. After a time, the living shall cease to live and instead become dead and cease to move and breed. Once dead, their flesh and skin and hair and organs and blood shall rot away into dust. The bones of the dead shall be all that remains. Three days after death, the fingerbones of the dead be restored to motion and the dead shall move those bones and these bones alone. In this way, the dead shall not crowd out the living and yet they will not forever die."

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 19, 2009, 12:53:43 am »

"I am not in favor. That's bizarre and unnecessary. With reincarnation, we won't have animated finger bones become a macabre part of every city."

"Hopefully."

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 19, 2009, 12:55:37 am »

"You obviously have not seen how fast mortals reproduce."

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 19, 2009, 12:57:08 am »

"So you want to condemn these souls to an eternity of nothing by twiddling their finger bones? That's evil."

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: January 19, 2009, 01:01:02 am »

"They can pick things up and talk and do just about everything anyone else can do. Except kick people. Or reproduce. Or eat things. The only real difference is that they take up less space."

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 19, 2009, 01:03:20 am »

"Since when can finger bones talk?"

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: January 19, 2009, 01:05:19 am »

"Tevorak manages it and He doesn't even have anything but an eyeball."

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: January 19, 2009, 02:28:01 am »

Yaven'Gan looked through the portal into the mortal world and laughed, Balance had made the lesser beings immortal? Foolish, they would simply fight for all eternity. For once evil had taken root within the heart of someone they would never truly be good again.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: January 19, 2009, 04:28:13 am »

"The underworld... Housing souls of the living? How would the living creatures such as the stonecrabs react? What would happen when too many souls exist? The world has become too chaotic."

Tevorak pulled from marble, his favorite stone, and created a figure vaguely resembling him. It's single eye glowed, as information sank in to a newly created mind.

"You shall devour the souls of creatures, and create others like yourself from them. You shall only transform those who truly accept their removal from the mortal coil. Leave the others to Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa's whims. You shall be called... Gusra. Your race shall be called renewers."

Create Populous (Renewers) 3PP
Teach Populous (What to do) 1PP

Gusra was shocked at the rush of information to itself. It walked forward on shaky legs, and gave it's affirmative to Tevorak.

Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 19, 2009, 09:16:00 am »

Zyenild did not partake in the discussion of death and afterlife. His only concern with his Gem Children was the Now, not the later. Only the live ones were of any use to him, and thus the other gods could do as they wished with the souls and bodies of the dead ones. Atleast, for now, as eventually, the Gem Children would definitely have a saying in this once they know how to manipulate the Flows.

And Zyenild thought it was time. He obsevred his Gem Children more closely now, dwelling in the caves and some venturing on the surface and meeting with humans. They had already perfected the manufacturing of copper, tin, bronze, and other basic metals for tools and constructions, and had started using more advanced metals and discovering more complex metallurgy. They built their towns and villages underground, houses either smaller caves in the cavern walls or stalagmite-like structures built in larger caverns. They had started to seperate into clans, and some clans warred against each other for land and resource. That was good, as it insured that they would continuously invent more ingenious devices and research more complicated matters to remain supperior.

But what interested Zyenild the most, was a relatively smaller clan, hidden away deeper in the caverns than the others. These people had started doing what no other had done before, probably on all of Primordia: They were the first living creatures to actively seek knowledge. They had built a crude library of sorts, with knowledge carved in symbols and shapes onto stone slabs. They examined gems instead of just consuming their essences, they dissected the crabs and other creatures of the deeps that they could get their hands on... They were the first intellectuals.

Zyenild picked the most promising one among them. Fan-Hondak was the name he was known by. He was the closest thing to a leader or director of the clan of 'scientists'. He had been the first one to retreat far into the secluded part of the cavern to do his research, before others followed him. At one time when he was sitting in his room, examining a gem and tapping it with some instruments, carving symbols on a stone nearby, the gem began to glow. Fan-Hondak was surprised. He approached the gem to his face to better see it. At that moment, he felt that he was falling into the gem. He fell and fell and fell into endless light. Then, he stopped falling, and the light around him seemed to shatter into endless small gems, rearranging itself into a figure made of light, standing infront of him, with darkness all around. The figure spoke,
"I am your creator. Master of all knowledge arcane and magical. You are one of my children, the best amongst them. Fan-Hondak, you shall from now on be the leader of all the Gem Children, and under my guidance, you shall lead them to a new age. An age of Knowledge, Art, and Beauty. To achieve this, I grant you the first tier of my infinite knowledge, the Path of Crystals."

With that, Zyenild, who was the brilliant figure of light, opened his hand, in which was a shard of the Eye of the World. Fan-Hondak held out his hands, and touched the shard. The moment he did so, all this vision dissapeared, and he awoke in his study, infront of him the still glowing gem. Its glow was not as powerful as before, but now, Fan-Hondak knew WHY it glowed, and how to make more of these gems. This knowledge just came to him. With that, he ran out of his study, clutching the gem in his hands, and started to shout to the others to join around him to hear what he had to say... And Zyenild watched all that from above, happy with his work.

((Create Exarch: Fan-Hondak, rightful leader of the Gem Children, 3PP
Teach Populace: Basic Arcane magic, 1PP
2PP left))
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 20, 2009, 01:30:45 pm »

(Yeah, I'm not receiving the last PP, so it's being devoted to stopping the war.)

The God of Balance is making a Peaceful Statement to the Evil People!
Listen, I know that the problems within society are grand. I can understand your desires and why you cling to your bows and arrows. But, please, think about your future. Violence only begets more violence, and your prosperity today may disappear tomorrow. Only when we work together will we be able to survive and trimpuh.

Evil People shoots an arrow at the God of Balance.

Oh dear. This is very bad.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 20, 2009, 01:52:15 pm »

(I'll give 1 PP towards any concept or plan where the dead return as ghosts indefinately. Take it or leave it.)

"My fellow Gods, I shall invest one of the mortal races with some part of My Divine powers so that they may bring peace and order back into Primordia. Who's race shall be chosen?"
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 01:56:11 pm by Grek »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: January 20, 2009, 02:06:45 pm »

(i'll give my followers somethign else, if you don't mind and if they want. but i am not ready for that yet.)

(i'l post turn later maybe. i'll post actions now)

(teach x6 , 6PP : teach language, morals (i'll explain later), tools, writing, building, farming)

(edit: of course i teach all that to the humans i created)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 02:12:26 pm by andrea »

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: January 20, 2009, 03:08:10 pm »

Wayock? Zyenild? Will you have your creations be the ones to bring about the new era?
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 61