Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 61

Author Topic: Lords of Creation  (Read 64673 times)

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Creation
« Reply #390 on: January 18, 2009, 10:02:26 pm »

From His mystical realm outside of Primordia, Ur looks upon the dead and frowns. "The mortals should not all go to You, Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa. I demand protection for those that would follow Ur."

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: January 18, 2009, 10:09:46 pm »

"Protection from what? I'm giving them a place to live where they won't interfere with the living. How about your worshipers will get their own cavernous area? You can put all the Ur-themed decorations you want in there. How about a bunch of themed areas in the underworld, with different climates, temperatures, and decor? It'll be very interesting for any mortals who choose to venture below the surface of the world."

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 18, 2009, 11:50:39 pm »

"All creations should be as comfortable, if not more, in the afterlife than in life."

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 18, 2009, 11:57:59 pm »

Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa looks shocked and incredulous.

"...What?! Why?"

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 18, 2009, 11:59:44 pm »

"Surely why do we need an Afterlife? Isn't this regular life better? I mean, we spent lots of Strength building this life for them, why in the world do we need to create yet another plane for them to live on later on? It is so useless.

If we are going to keep this Afterlife, can we ensure that all those Souls get resurrected and go back into new bodies every, say, I don't know, hour?"
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 19, 2009, 12:02:37 am »

"Since we now have the concept of evil, why not weight it based on the actions of the soul in it's previous life?"

(Have any of you read Plato's Republic? If not, look up The Myth of Er. We should go for an afterlife like that. It's an extremely benevolent vision, so there's no way this is in character.)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 19, 2009, 12:07:27 am »

"No! It is not their fault these people have turned astray. It is the fault of social conditions and the Concept of Evil that was unjustly introduced, causing pain. These people should not suffer any punishment because of an innocent mistake on their part."
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 19, 2009, 12:11:56 am »

"But they are evil. Before this concept was created, their acts of cruelty and hate would not have been their fault. They would have not borne with them the same distinct morality. Now, they do. Those who commit evil are evil, and should be punished. It is right. I did not create this concept. I even argued against it's creation. Now that it exists, however, all are responsible for their actions."

"We have no choice."

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 19, 2009, 12:12:59 am »

"There's honestly no point in taking them down into the caves under the world. Why not let them wander around with the living? I mean, we already have stuff living in the caves, so it's not like your lacking people down there."

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: January 19, 2009, 12:15:06 am »

"But mine are just sitting there. The entire point was that if we let the dead wander around, they would interfere with those who's right it was to enjoy their first life. Anyway, I already did it."

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: January 19, 2009, 12:17:38 am »

"Make them move. Put them on top of the stonecrabs or something. Just stop running off with all of the souls. If you don't, I'll come down and get them and put them back where you got them from."

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: January 19, 2009, 12:22:18 am »

"Well, I don't see how it's a problem if we institute reincarnation, which I am in favor of. It isn't like evil creatures deserve eternal torment. We should just punish them adequately for their transgressions. Adequately and thoroughly."

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: January 19, 2009, 12:22:33 am »

"I am against punishment, because thanks to this concept, now even punishment is morally evil. If we start punishing people, we run the risk of ourselves being morally evil, and thus we have to punish ourselves. Besides, we don't need to punish evil people, we only need to stop them from being evil.

I'm already drawing up plans for the Concept of Rehabilition that will likely convince most evil people to return back to being their good wholesome self. There would be no need for punishment, because they would be rehabilited and have no more evil will exist in the world. If only there was a way to destroy Concepts in the world...

Of course, I am also for the Concept of Resurrection, and hope that I will raise enough PP to implement it next Cycle. In fact, I am willing to devote part of my strength (1 PP, previously devoted to stopping the population from killing each other) right now to help create it."
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 12:24:23 am by Servant Corps »

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: January 19, 2009, 12:26:26 am »

"Reincarnation? I thought you said people were getting too crowded? Wouldn't reincarnation make things just as bad? Although, I think I have an idea. Let me think for a while on how to make this work.

Rehabilitation doesn't really solve anything. We still have dead people to deal with. Resurrection is good, though. Hrm"

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 19, 2009, 12:28:54 am »

"Reincarnation will make sure that there are only a certain amount of people in the living world at once. The problem of people living forever and creating an increasingly stratified society will be lessened."

"I'll also contribute to creating reincarnation. I still want punishment, though."

(I have 1 remaining PP, do we have the concept of justice yet? See where I'm going with this?).
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 61