Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 61

Author Topic: Lords of Creation  (Read 64669 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Creation
« Reply #360 on: January 13, 2009, 08:23:04 pm »

"I think I might go along with that plan for a revised universe, Ur. Especially because it will result in the surface of Primordia and the tunnels under it to become of undefinable length."

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 13, 2009, 08:26:40 pm »

"Alright, you know, I don't agree with what Ur has done. I believe that what Ur is doing has caused numerous headaches and can easily harm calcuations.

But I do not blame Ur. I blame the social conditions that led up to Ur's insanity. The isolation that we all suffered before we met each other must have harmed the mental state of all of us, including that of Ur. When you combine that with absolute power...things may become horrible.

Since none of us can die, senility may kick in and cause us to implement ideas that will cause problems, like Ur did. What we need is deal with the underlining conditions that led to Ur.

I think we must establish a timeline, for the good of the Void. After a few Cycles, we will all declare an end to the process of creation and abidicate power, allowing for the Void to govern itself. I don't know how this abdication might work, maybe we kill ourselves, or maybe we become immortal and give up our strength (aka, PP). But either way, we will not have from insanity, and the Void will not have to suffer from our misjudgements.

As for now, however, I strongly suggest that we force Ur to take prescriptions."
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 08:29:09 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 13, 2009, 08:29:26 pm »

"or maybe we could just solve all our problems with violence..."
((i REALLY want something interesting to happen.))
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 13, 2009, 08:30:24 pm »

(I'll channel the power of my Exarch to assist in the attack. That's all though.)

"Violence solves nothing. It harms people. It makes them squirm. It's immoral.

Especially since Ur can't die so the violence is pointless."
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 13, 2009, 08:35:12 pm »

"Violence may not be completely pointless. We, being immortal, can experience pain at such great levels that we seek to inflict death upon ourselves. I shall make this place, so that this way and the old way can be true. This place will be called 1/Primordia."

Create Plane (Primordia/1) 4PP.
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 13, 2009, 08:43:13 pm »

"So, is it an exact copy of this, except with the insane mathematics undone?"

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 13, 2009, 08:45:36 pm »

"Almost. This 1/Primordia is deeply connected to Primordia. At certain places, such as the Arbiter's grounds, one can pass from one to the other without noticing it."
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 13, 2009, 09:17:07 pm »

I do not like it. This new place is not the same as the old place. But I will make due with it for now. You will all see how beautiful it is in time and beg to be allowed to dwell within.

Serg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 14, 2009, 06:50:20 am »

Undaparo sighed at all the bickering going on around her, and wanted to create a place where she, and all her future creations could go to worship, (herself of course,) in peace.

She didn't dive, but picked the lowest point in the ocean and tore I giant hole, that lead into an infinite expanse of the purest water there was, and that is where she went, to be surrounded by her own essence. Eventually her creatures would emerge from the hole, and do her bidding, but for now, she just waited for her power to regenerate.

Create Plane (4 PP) : Deepest depth of water, leading into an infinite expanse of water, only passable by her and her creations.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 14, 2009, 08:32:41 am »

"abdicate after a number of cycles.that seem.. a good idea. i have plans for myself, but i won't give up my godly powers. i have my own plans"

said that, the old one went back to the valley he created, but in primordia/1 (if Ur or Ru try again something like that, i'll declare a crusade against him/them). he went at the river and took wet soil, and shaped it like himself.
then he let it harden. then the hardened mud started to break, and a new creature went out of it. humans they would be. and after the first many other came, more and more. and he sat there and spoke to them, teaching them language (i believe we aready have the concept, don't we? we are all speaking to each other). then he showed then the underground creatures, and their tools.

create populace(3PP)
teach populacex2(2PP)

(i create humans, and i teach them how to speak, and i show them what tools are (they should be able to make simple ones now))

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 14, 2009, 10:27:15 am »

The gem-encrusted kobolds roamed the deeps as primitive tribes. They discovered the lichen, the rock crabs, and the other silicoid life forms. They fed mostly on such creatures and the lichen, which they could digest thanks to their energy-based metabolism, but preferred by far 'feeding' on gems, by absorbing their magical powers leaving the former gem as a worthless piece of glass.

As the years past, they began to learn the basics of tool-making and other simple works. Soon, metalworking at its most crude levels appeared. They started making picks, and weapons to hunt down other creatures and to war on each other. Zyenild made sure all of that went well.

Finally, Zyenild decided that these creatures were worthy of being called his 'children'. He finally gave them a name: the Gemma Liberi, the Gem Children. They were the first step in the evolution of what Zyenild hoped would one day be a great race.

While the Gemma Liberi dwelled in the caverns below the surface of Primordia, some occasionally found openings to the surface. Most of those who did very quickly retreated into the depths after seeing the strange world above, but some remained long enough to discover a new race, in a lush green place with very bright light from what surface dwellers would call a sun. That other race were the Humans.

((2 PP teach populace: basic metallurgy as well as tool making. Zyenild does not make direct contact with them, but rather manipulates them from afar.))
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 15, 2009, 08:55:55 pm »

((You know, before I decide to unilaterally advance the turn to get us more PP...

How many PP has been devoted to making Prayer? I know Ur gave 1 PP, and I know I gave 1 PP.))

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 15, 2009, 09:38:56 pm »

Nl'ulos waits on Lu, watching the inhabitants of primordia. he still had some power to use but he would not use it. at least for his purposes, the current state of primordia was satisfactory.

((just me basically saying im not gonna use my remaining 1 PP. the rules say you cant stockpile pp. does this still hold true.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 10:23:32 pm by Dragooble »
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 15, 2009, 09:59:01 pm »

((Yeah. Still hold true.))

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 15, 2009, 10:56:09 pm »

Shaking his head at his fellow Gods, Beridan silently create a plane (4PP), Berridyne, within which to make his own creatures. He slams his fist down upon the land, breaking it into tectonic plates with a hilly environment. (1PP)

Create Plane: Berridyne (4PP)
Shape Land (Minor) (1PP)
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 61