Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 61

Author Topic: Lords of Creation  (Read 64573 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Creation
« Reply #285 on: January 09, 2009, 07:58:18 pm »

(Do we have large edible fungi yet? What about plants?)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 09, 2009, 09:09:07 pm »

((Muskoxen and Wolves? what's whit evryone creating plants and animals whitout first creating the cocept "plant" or "animal" or evolving them from bacteria? Granted it's kinda hypocritical for me to say that but I think of the hub cretures more like angels.))

((Why is evryone so woried abaut these cretures anyways? also i dont think we are suposed to have realized the posibility of them being corupted.))

"I will not let you force them to slave away for you against their will, but if they agree this might indeed be good to let the other goods to ease."

((the hub already HAVE a name: "The Hub"))

((hmm, anyone have suggestions on what to actually call my creatures? it should be something creation-related, and something they'd chose themselves...))
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 09, 2009, 09:10:42 pm »

((Why is evryone so woried abaut these cretures anyways? also i dont think we are suposed to have realized the posibility of them being corupted.))

((Again, it's because these creatures are better than us, and we're worried their perfect nature would cause them to rebel against us. You know, because we gods aren't perfect.))

Muskoxen and Wolves? what's whit evryone creating plants and animals whitout first creating the cocept "plant" or "animal" or evolving them from bacteria?

((And I think that's pretty simple. This isn't Earth, this is the Void, where you can do whatever you want as long as you got PP.))
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 09:13:14 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 09, 2009, 09:49:41 pm »

(I'm pulling out of the game. There are just too many players, and too much stuff going on already)

Surveying his lands, Narl'agash realized something: These would never be his lands, so long as the other gods remained. With this in mind, he sealed the portal to his plane, never to open it again.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 09, 2009, 10:47:11 pm »

"And so the god of fire takes his leave. How unfortunate."

Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa walks off and says "Yes! YES! Everything's going great!" under his breath a few times before returning to the group. The Void seems a little colder and less pleasant.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 09, 2009, 11:32:53 pm »

"Yes, it is very unfortunate. Who know of the consquences that could occur without the God of Fire?

Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa is right. We have to create a new God of Fire now, and fast."
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

duro

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 10, 2009, 12:45:50 am »

"This is unforeseen. Do you know of powers to accomplish such a deed? And how can we be sure to get an overall agreement?"
If slavery, barbarism and desolation are to be called peace, men can have no worse misfortune.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 10, 2009, 01:05:04 am »

"A placeholder until we can find such a way to replace the Fire God seems prudent," Berridan intoned. "But even an incarnation of fire - how to make that?"
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 10, 2009, 03:17:57 am »

((Muskoxen and Wolves? what's whit evryone creating plants and animals whitout first creating the cocept "plant" or "animal" or evolving them from bacteria? Granted it's kinda hypocritical for me to say that but I think of the hub cretures more like angels.))
((We're gods, we can do whatever the hell we want - as long as we have enough PP.))
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 04:03:10 am by Emperor_Jonathan »

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 10, 2009, 10:04:37 am »

Yaven'Gan returns to Primordia and hears the other gods speaking of the firegod leaving.

"Do we really need a firegod? Fire will still burn without him. Look at Lotan and Nal, they burn as bright now as they did when when they were first created.

But if we must have a firegod I am willing to take that responsibility."
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

duro

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 10, 2009, 02:08:55 pm »

((Muskoxen and Wolves? what's whit evryone creating plants and animals whitout first creating the cocept "plant" or "animal" or evolving them from bacteria?
((Due to the concept of Life already created, I think there's no need to define a concept for any other step of life as we know it, because these would just be projections of the taxonomy we undertake as human beings in the real world. One may to decide you have to distinguish between monocellular and multicellular life only, others may want to distinguish plants and animals, others want insects, reptiles, fish, mammals etc. distinguished, others may want to create concepts for every single dog breed. There's simply no way to decide where the borders should be because there's no single definition of such. Everyone is free to create concepts for that, but as long as they don't really enrich the existing world above the existing concepts (like being able to defy the laws of nature you created (that is already there because of Zyenild)), there's no real need to do so.
Also, to create an entire working ecosystem like we know it by at least creating every species on its own, we'd really need to be immortals. I think it is right to "create" kinds of species to make sure they really exist and/or to give them certain qualities, but it should not be more or less complicated than creating a whole taxonomic tree of lifeforms except that you cannot focus on attributes of specific species within that tree. That's why I created the monocellular lifeforms around the hodgepodge, it's not a single species, and I think the creation of "plants"/"bricks"/"crystals"/whatever can and should be seen this way to. Of course, this is a nefarious rendition of the rules, but then again the rules are not that elaborately detailed.
About "Muscoxen and Wolves" in general...
We now come to the decisive step of divine abstraction: we forget about what the symbols stand for. The god does not need to be idle; there are many operations which he may carry out with these symbols, without ever having to look at the things they stand for. ;)))
If slavery, barbarism and desolation are to be called peace, men can have no worse misfortune.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 10, 2009, 03:32:12 pm »

"It isn't that hard to create the God of Fire. Talk to one of Axiom's creation, convince him of the need for a Fire God, and invest Strength to turn him from semi-godhood to actual god-hood."

(4 PP to be exact)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 03:53:03 pm by Servant Corps »

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 10, 2009, 04:31:28 pm »

(Yeah, but then we'd have an NPC god.)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 10, 2009, 04:42:37 pm »

(why do we need so much a fire god? we are so many, i think we can manage to live iwthout a fire god. i for example would have no problems using fire or heat, mainly if it was to protect life)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 10, 2009, 05:22:48 pm »

(Mostly because Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa said that it was 'unforunate', and my character is being an idiot and misunderstood Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa to be missing said Fire God. It is, in fact, unnecessary to have a fire god.)
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 61