Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 61

Author Topic: Lords of Creation  (Read 64564 times)

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Creation
« Reply #240 on: January 08, 2009, 06:08:22 pm »

Yaven'Gan considers what they said for a moment. Then he says:

"I agree, freedom is important, for all sentient beings. This is a truly great question, and we should not rush into making a decision. I shall ponder it for a while. If I find a good way to ensure the freedom of life while still granting us more power I shall share it with you."

He then leaves, heading for Nessus, sure that the others fell for his lie. When he gets there he is pleasantly surprised, the Keepers have increased their numbers tenfold.

He realizes something, while the Keepers are strong and quite intelligent they are still little more than beasts, unable to perform any complex action unless told to, he needs servants that can think, as long as they do not oppose him. That is the true conundrum: how to create sentient life while still preventing it from having the wrong thoughts and disobeying him. If one connects them to oneself, then they would have no choice but to obey. He realizes what must be done.

He takes a small piece of his own flesh, a handful of the liquid rock that lies beneath the plain and then combines them and pours his power into them to create life. Soon his work is done and the first of his creations stand before him.

Ten feet tall, with wings like a dragon, horns on their heads and claws on their hands and feet. In their veins runs fire and their muscles are strong. Their minds are still primitive though, they only know enough to survive. He must teach them of all the things they must know to serve him. At the moment there are only a few hundred of them, but their numbers will soon increase. And the most important thing: they are bound to him, and must serve him. In this they have no choice. He chooses to call them demons.

His wound soon heals, leaving not a single mark behind.

(create populace: 3 PP. No PP left)

He also gives the demons and the Keepers strict orders to not attack each other.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 08, 2009, 06:17:01 pm »

While all the other gods discussed trivial matters amongst themselves, Narl'agash was not idle. Where he had carved a hole into Mount Eto, he created a magnificent gateway out of flames. It led to a a vast and scorching hot desert, stretching as far as a mortal eye can see. Volcanos peppered the landscape and created oceans of magma. This would be his real home home. Nal wasn't nearly impressive enough.

(Create Plane, 4)
(0 remain)

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 08, 2009, 06:40:03 pm »

Watock was intrigued by the concept of soil but kept quite, he travelled back down to his island, the green and brown trees made from himself were previously scarce, now because of the soil they flourished, soon covering the island. Then he realised something, all the trees were being transformed one by one. He followed the trees to the source of the corruption, and found it was the door leading to his plane. He realised that it wasn't corruption, but transformation, transformation into a better form to suit himself better.

The trees now looked red, as red as his beard. They formed a dense wall, he picked one up with his fingers and studdied it carefully, instead of branches it had wooden items much like his sword, almost as strong as well.

He stopped worrying about the trees, there were no reason to, he stood infront of the door. The door to his realm, but what will I call it he pondered to himself.

"I will call it Nar."

He opened the door and he was glad of what he saw, beyond the door he saw an endless expanse of tundra and seas in winter forever. It was mostly cold with trees in the tundra, sure there magma below, deep underground and a few volcanoes scattered over the place but the cold was what made it good.

He stepped back outside into Primoridia, and marvelled at is door. It was truly a masterpiece, it was large enoug to fit wole worlds through yet small enough to be not seen.

He closed the door and travelled back to where the other gods gathered, satisfied by what he had seen.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 08, 2009, 07:01:32 pm »

Nel'ulos was high above primordia above the clouds and atmosphere in space.
with him he brought a large amount of magma from mount eto. above primordia he spun the magma into a perfect sphere, much smaller than primordia but still respectably large. when the magma cooled the sphere was white and had the same silvery glow as him. this was where he would make his home, inside of this great sphere. he called it lu.
4pp spent: create plane.
none left.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 08, 2009, 07:55:17 pm »

(Dragooble, that was not the creation of a plane, but a moderate shape land. You still have 2PP.)
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 08, 2009, 08:05:34 pm »

"I like the idea of prayer. It would be good to know what my creations desire and to give that to them. I shall go to them and ask them right now."

Ur floated off to see what the parliamentarians were doing.

(I still had 1 PP, it seems. For now, consider it added to a pool to create Prayer.)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 08, 2009, 09:19:33 pm »

((Damn, I HATE how the game goes on without me...))

((I will NOT agree to make the creatures less powerful than my first demi-godlike suggestion, nor to have their power dependant on location, or in  any other way willingly restrict their freedom and power. I am very surprised you'd think I think otherwise and I'll never agree to any compromises unless I explicitly say I do, whether it's about how something to be created will be or how to spend points or anything else.
There is also no REASON they should be less powerful unless you intentionally put something in to cripple them which would be unspeakably cruel. The magic is simply ordinary magic made more powerful by having a shard of the Eye, the bodies are simply very powerful cybernetic (I don't think I made that clear: these are more akin to advanced robots than living beings, but they'd blur the definitions and such definitions do not yet exist anyway) and the minds are software and would not change in any way but speed no mater what Turing complete device you put them in, the brain is simply a quantum computer so that'd work equally well everywhere to. I guess the lesser entanglement could decrease the strength of the flow manipulation but more than a halving would be strange and the matter manipulation powers are more reality-based than magical.))

((The hub wont need connective planes, it already have an infinite amount of perfectly seal able areas, and spaces configured to each of the gods))

((I don't think you got the idea about the socket for the crystal in the creatures brain: it'd only need one shard, it'd use quantum effects to have the same shard be in many places at once thus giving each it's full power. not an infinite amount of shards whit one in each.))

((I got the idea that one of the evil gods could capture one or some of the creatures once created, it'd be a really smart move as whit a simple numerical change of a few parameters you'd be able to turn the perfectly good and free into perfectly evil and obedient. I was going to suggest demons as a name but I see that name got taken, guess devils would still be open.))

((More specs for the creatures:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
))
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 10:51:17 pm by Armok »
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 08, 2009, 09:28:02 pm »

((I accept that 1 PP, Grek.

Question: Can this 1 PP transfer over next turn, when I'll be able to throw in 2 PP to assist in the creation of the Concept of Prayer?))

((And Armok, there is a very good reason why we want to cripple them. These creatures are going to basically be Gods for crying out loud! I don't think most of us would tolerate rivals that we can't control. Even I am a little concerned about these perfect people's support of Theft...though I guess it might be rather progressive. Somehow.))
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 09:29:58 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

duro

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 08, 2009, 09:37:18 pm »

(but they'd blur the definitions and such definitions do not yet exist anyway - the one to decide if that is the case was not responsive yet, and I doubt he even wants to decide on the topic. Compromise could be to create the creatures progressively.
The hub wont need connective planes, it already have an infinite amount of perfectly seal able areas - yes, but there was no definition as how the powers of the hub could extend into other planes, that's why I proposed the skies (so that everyone of the three would be able to define the extent for his own realms).
I got the idea that one of the evil gods could capture one or some of the creatures once created, it'd be a really smart move as whit a simple numerical change of a few parameters you'd be able to turn X into Y - the diamonds may be in your very own backyard ;) *points to own domain*)

(Will edit too if needed.)
If slavery, barbarism and desolation are to be called peace, men can have no worse misfortune.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 08, 2009, 10:13:36 pm »

Berridan looked upon a Stonecrab, which was struggling to break apart a small Tevorim, to eat it.

"It seems, my child, that you need assistance." Berridan plunged his hand into the depths of the earth and drew out a fragment of metal. In the wake of Berridan's hand, veins of metal throughout the earth remained; veins that carried Berridan's influence throughout the land. (Shape Land: Minor, 1 PP, 4 remain). He placed the small fragment beside the stonecrab. "Use it upon the Tevorim to fragment it," Berridan explained to the crab. (Create Concept: Tools, 3 PP, 1 remaining. Do I get to restrict tools to creatures I teach like Poltifar restricted magic to creatures he teaches? ;D) (Teach Populace, 1 PP, 0 remaining). All over, Stonecrabs began to wield raw metal chunks against the Tevorim in their hunts.

((Why isn't Berridan in the frontpage pantheon?))
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 08, 2009, 10:24:10 pm »

(maybe, but i think eventually all races will end up with tools
plus, im having trouble deciding what to do with my remaining pp)
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 08, 2009, 10:45:49 pm »

((No, because a tool is an invention, not a skill like magic. That's how I see it anyway.))

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 08, 2009, 10:56:07 pm »

((ok, I shouldn't have to edit that post any more, now go back and look))
((If I cant get people to let me have these otherwise I'd say that maybe the shard will be unable to hyper position to outside the hub and thus they have only as much magic as an ordinary mage abut retain everything else? Id still prefer them to be of equal strength everywhere thou, threat can come from having versions of them corrupted by other gods.))
((also, they poses no threat to the gods unless I have severely underestimated said gods.))
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 08, 2009, 10:59:36 pm »

((I'm cool with all this. But I don't want them used as tools to interfere with mortal doings. Whether it be indirectly, i.e. getting more followers or directly i.e. giving them to one side.))

duro

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 08, 2009, 11:10:42 pm »

(I don't think the creatures would do this on their own. But even if they were corrupted by some deity it would be still possible for other deities to corrupt their own and strike back - heck, even the creatures would likely oppose corruption and make sure a traitor wouldn't come far... except he became an avatar or some such, but in this case it likely wouldn't matter what species he was before.)

(About their brains - yes, they would be machines, but as they are shaped in the flows of thought too they'd be not only magicians and scientists, but philosophers as well. And thus I'd like them not to act like madmen. The designs so far go well with this.)
If slavery, barbarism and desolation are to be called peace, men can have no worse misfortune.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 61