Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 61

Author Topic: Lords of Creation  (Read 64562 times)

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Creation
« Reply #225 on: January 08, 2009, 03:03:24 pm »

Yaven'Gan looked upon the trees and the grass that now grew upon Primordia and decided that it could be useful to have such things in Nessus. He secretly stole some grass and a few trees and brought them there.

As soon as they were planted in the ashen soil and started to take nourishment from the ground they started to change, corrupted by Nessus' power. The grass grew longer and thicker and turned yellow, and the trees started to twist into gnarled shapes, their leaves turned black and their bark grey, their fruits smelled like rotting flesh.

Yaven'Gan was pleased by this, so he decided that they should grow all throughout Nessus. And he spat on the ground, the earth shook, and soon the plain was covered by them as far as the eye could see. The sickly sweet smell of rotting flesh started spreading from the fruits of the thousands of trees scattered throughout the plain, he decided that they needed a name, the trees would be known as Sanguis Trees.
(Nourish land: 1 PP)

He also brought a dozen Keepers to Nessus, and told them to live there and multiply. They could feed on the eternal flames that burned far beneath the ground.

He then went back to Priomordia and saw the bacteria that lived there. They were barely worthy of notice but they still warred amongst themselves, this was good indeed. For if such simple creatures were capable of conflict then what wouldn't more advanced creatures be capable of?

(And yes, the Keepers feed on fire, or in this case, magma. They were made to live on a sun after all.)
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 08, 2009, 03:06:43 pm »

(uh? steal? secretely? why?)

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 08, 2009, 03:08:35 pm »

(He doesn't want anyone else to know of Nessus, and what reason could he have to take trees and grass if they already exist on Primordia?)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 08, 2009, 03:10:08 pm »

(we don't know about nessus? i thought we were omniscent. wel, it doesn't matter. by the way... i decided i saw you while you was stealing grass and trees)

duro

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 08, 2009, 03:13:27 pm »

(Since we cannot read each other's minds, I believe we are not omniscient.)
If slavery, barbarism and desolation are to be called peace, men can have no worse misfortune.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 08, 2009, 03:20:31 pm »

(I can always say I was feeding the ponies. What ponies? The secret ponies, of course. All the cool gods know of them.

We seem to be more like the Greek gods who were more like immortal humans with powers.)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 08, 2009, 03:22:51 pm »

(well, i saw you and decided i didn't mind. why would i worry? you stole plants, not god eating monsters)

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 08, 2009, 03:30:05 pm »

(And I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you meddling youngsters and your Andrea! >:()

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 08, 2009, 03:30:14 pm »

The God of Balance makes another announcement:

"I was informed by the Exarch of Hodgepodge that it is necessary to introduce a new Concept into the world, so as to benieft society. I want to ask you first of your opinons on this matter.

We are Gods, but Gods have limits. We are not omniscient, omnipresent, omni-anything. We can even die if we so consent to doing so. So this request is rather necessary.

The Exarch knows that. This is why it is taking a long time to create Priomordia. But if we can speed up development, if we can accomplish a 'Great Leap Foward', as the Exarch likes to call it, then we can accomplish a lot of reforms that will surely benieft not only Hodepodge, but the whole world.

The Exarch wants therefore the Concept of Prayer to be introduced. Each being, sentient or non-sentient, would be bestowed upon a certain amount of innante Magic. These beings may choose to direct this Magic to the diety of their choice, by using Prayer, in return for the Gods following and obeying the wishes of their followers. So, for example, the Exarch would convince the bacterial species to pray to me, and bestow their innate Magic onto me, for me to use in shaping and creating the world. In return, I promise to promote the welfare of the Bacterial Species. If I fail in my duty, the bacterial species may choose to no longer pray to me, and instead bestow their Magic on another diety.

Essentially, we would all be able to speed up the creation of the world, and ensure that problems within society will be solved. However, I can predict one problem with the Exarch's idea, which I have presented to him. The fear is that there may be a competition amongst the diety for followers. Before the concept of Prayer be introduced, there has to be be some ground rules for gaining followers."
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 08, 2009, 03:36:03 pm »

((I guess we are just waiting for Armok then to finish the Hub and the creatures. Please don't give PP out before he gets a chance to reply. If you just HAVE to, then it's considred Armok agrees to the deal and the creatures and the Hub are created.))
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 08, 2009, 03:42:08 pm »

Yaven'Gan agrees that this is a very good idea:

"This would surely benefit not only us, but all of creation. I agree that this is a very good idea! If we all agree to not actively convert each others followers by use of powers all would be good. If our followers want to convert others though, then that is their wish and we should not stand in their way."

Yaven'Gan sees the great potential for conflict that this brings and is glad that other gods are inadvertently creating it, while trying to promote ideas that are meant to increase the peace and well-being of all mortals no less.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 08, 2009, 03:54:59 pm »

(when was an exarch created?)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 08, 2009, 03:57:29 pm »

I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

duro

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 08, 2009, 04:03:32 pm »

"I disagree on this prayer concept. There is no benefit in helping mere mortals with things not worthy to be reasoned about, at least for Etom Enol. Other deities might be more helpful. But if the mortals have to achieve something I care about, they should be able to ask for support. Therefor the mortals should not have to stick to only one deity at a given frame of time, but be free to do what they want."
If slavery, barbarism and desolation are to be called peace, men can have no worse misfortune.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 08, 2009, 04:10:38 pm »

"indeed, life should be free."
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 61