Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 61

Author Topic: Lords of Creation  (Read 64557 times)

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Creation
« Reply #210 on: January 08, 2009, 01:38:31 am »

"IN regards to the 'food chain' idea, no. That's a very bad idea, perhaps a better idea is a 'food web' where there are multiple types prey and multiple types of predators, but less predators than prey. That would mostly eliminate various factors make it unstable and collapse. There needs to be... what's the word... producers! There needs to be organisms, be it animals, plants - any type of living thing, they need the capability to create their own own energy, they need to be the start of the ecosystem."
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 01:40:11 am by Emperor_Jonathan »

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 08, 2009, 01:40:28 am »

((We have stuff eating rocks, d00d. XD))

"I never had a chain in mind," Berridan replied, laughing. "A web would be more of what I had in mind. All sprawls out from the center, something that converts the environment itself into nutrients."
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 08, 2009, 01:42:47 am »

Ur set down his newly created artifact, a magical sword of indefinite size and shape while at the same time holding it up for all to see. He called out "Watch this!", without really saying anything, before proceeding to decapitate himself with a single stroke. Yet, his head did not leave his shoulders and there was not a mark on him. He spoke once more, without unsaying what he had just said.

"I call it Zimerflity. It's blade is sharp enough and strong enough to dissect arguements with. I've managed to chop myself in two, making Ur, who was there, did that and got away with it too, and Ru, who wasn't there, did nothing of the sort and has no idea where the body is."

(3 PP: Make artifact weapon, Zimerflity, which can be used to literally tear into someone's arguement during a debate, butchered shreds of language floating around.
1-0 PP: Attack self. I have no idea if attacking yourself costs PP or not.)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 08, 2009, 01:47:48 am »

Axiom looks at the sword, mute of disgust at this abomination.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 08, 2009, 01:50:57 am »

"... Why?" Berridan asked incredulously.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 08, 2009, 01:53:34 am »

Wayock chuckled and sook is head at Urs creation, "Able to tear into an argument? Into spoken words?". Wayock threw back is head and laughed.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 08, 2009, 02:04:49 am »

Ur brandishes the sword, resulting in "Whot? An inably spoken argument to tear into words?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 08, 2009, 02:07:24 am »

"What purpose does such an object serve?" Berridan clarified.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 08, 2009, 02:12:36 am »

"To take ideas and cut them into smaller peices which are easier to work with, of course. It also made my head stop hurting."

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 08, 2009, 02:19:50 am »

Berridan laughed simply, and contemplated how to shape the growing universe around him.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 08, 2009, 09:11:39 am »

((I have to agree, Axiom's creature plan is too much if it can be let out of the Hub. Here's a compromise: The creatures have all the powers Axiom described, except the power to rival/understand gods, while they are in the Hub or any directly connected plane (if the three gods of existence decide to make sub-planes for themselve in the Hub). They CAN get out of the Hub (if they find the necessary portals or we gods help them get out), but while they are outside, they are much, much less powerful then they are in the Hub (because of the absense of the 'existence singularity' that empowers them while in the Hub). They would just be another race of creatures, although probably the first sentient ones ever. When out of the Hub, they would look like a living conglomeration of random bits of matter and energy (more or less an energy wraith) but could change their general form a bit. When they are in the Hub, well, they can probably be whatever they like. So while they are super-powered while in the Hub, when they get out, they would be just another primitive race, that needs guiding and teaching and all that...))

"First of all, for the 'pool' idea. It is true that we will be sharing our energies for most of our projects, but I do not like the idea of having a specific amount of energy put aside for the three of us to use with 'voting' or whatever form of agreement. I think we should only share our energies when we have a plan and need to share them, and not have them at all time put aside for group use."

((That is, we dont need a 50%-of-our-energy pool or something like that. We just decide to share when we need to, and use what each of us wants from his own PP when we want to. This is to stop any possible future disagreements on usage of the pool and such.))

"As for these plans for our creatures are a bit... extreme. The energy required to create them and maintain them is almost impossible to reach... Unless they are created in the Hub, were the powers of Existence would unite in a singularity, and remain in the Hub for as long as these powers are to be available for use. I do not wish to have them remain forever in the Hub, as that would be quite tedious and boring after a while. Thus, let us create the Hub, the create these creatures, and release most of them unto primordia to live as normal beings of life, while only retaining the best of the best in the Hub, to act as our divine helpers and assistants for future projects and experiments we do in the Hub.

That is my condition to work on creating those creatures."

((I think Axiom would agree to that, so if Etom Enol agrees, might we do it before I have to leave again? Axiom wont be on for some time anyways))

((EDIT: basically, I dont want the creatures to be God-like powerful. I want them to be weak at first, very weak, as any other living being that is being created now. I want them to have to fight to survive, to do some actual work, i want us to have to teach them, to guide them... if we just make them ultra-powerful and lock them up like that in the Hub, it would be TERRIBLY boring...))
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 09:15:28 am by Poltifar »
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

duro

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 08, 2009, 09:51:34 am »

(Yes, there is some need for compromise with the creatures. I for one am okay with nearly all proposals so far. To connect the Hub with other planes where it powers would function I wanted to integrate the skies (just huge-ass portals surrounding the plane somehow), same could work for the powers of these creatures. And while being weaker outside than inside the Hub and its associated planes, the creatures should retain their wisdom, otherwise there would not be much sense in sending them to e.g. the plane of Education.
As for being perfect beings - at least I cannot let that really happen, because each of them should be unique, as it was stated in the design. Their understanding of everything is thus a potential (wisdom/autonomy), limited by their (sufficiently perfect) mindset ;))

"We have to see how our designs will dwell when they actually come into existance. Until then let us go step by step. What will happen to these creatures, will be subject to our decisions anyhow."

And so Etom Enol began weaving the flow of thought, dragging it into a pocket of that what is, spinning it till it reached a state of non-existance at a central singular point, where the other powers could be intertwined too. The newly formed space around that point began to pulsate, to span the first fractal structures to become the Hub, reaching out to come closer to the shared design at every moment, and Etom Enol layed the fractions of consciousness out in the troughs of the flow, so that they could be connected with their yet to be shaped bodies.

(2 PP spent to begin creation of the Hub, 1 PP spent to begin creation of the new species, 1 PP left)

(That doesn't mean I want the creatures created now on the spot, I just want to lay out that I will support their creation this round if there is agreement on their design and if that design is somewhere within the plans and propositions already made (anticipate that I already have agreed on everything that befits the second if-clause).)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 09:59:50 am by duro »
If slavery, barbarism and desolation are to be called peace, men can have no worse misfortune.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 08, 2009, 10:12:05 am »

((Maybe we'll have to eventually divide the creatures into 3 sub races if we three gods cant agree on evertyhing exactly. For me, I don't want them to retain ANY of the level of power they have in the Hub. Once they exit, most would be as smart as any normal human being, unless we teach them more. If they return to the Hub, it's like they enter some sort of extrmely drugged state for a moment, and suddenly gain almost infinite wisdom and knowledge and power, which they would lose again once they leave again))

"I agree. Instead of discussing what we can't be sure of, let us make them and improve them when we see our mistakes first-hand."

Zyenild broke another shard from the Eye of the World, and merged in into the singularity Etom Enol was forming. Arranging the flows of magic to create all the effects and powers reality and thought could not, he also shattered this shard of the crystal into an infinite number of smaller shards, who dissipated throughout the infinitely small yet infinitely expansive singularity which would form the Hub, and grant to all the creatures to be created the gift of magic.

((1 PP spent to continue creation of species, 1 PP spent to continue creation of the hub, 3 PP left. Waiting for Axiom to give 1 more PP to each of those actions so that they are completed))

((PS: i'd like to clear up something incase it becomes relevant later on: even the Eye of the World is itself a shard from the greatest and first crystal, the Arcanist's Will. But I'm not going to be breaking any more shards from the Arcanist's Will, atleast not for now, so the Eye will suffice for any very powerful shard needs, and if smaller, less powerful shards are needed, we can take them from normal gems on Primordia or from other stars))
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 10:16:00 am by Poltifar »
<@Akroma> eh

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 08, 2009, 10:13:34 am »

the old one saw new planes being made, he listened to plans for the hub, he saw an artifact and a god using it to attack himself. he could hear the others speaking about life, about powerful beings and big plans. but he didn't care. he, instead, looked at the bacteria, looked at the underworld creatures, looked at the plants at he north pole. time for life was coming, it was already there. but the world wasn't ready for it... it needed something. it was made of rock, metal and water, just that. rock and metal allowed only underworld creatures to live on them, and water wouldn't last much. life needed more... and water wasn't enough. he descended on primordia and took a rock. then he flew tothe suns, then to the eye of the world. with the the flames of the suns and the magic of the gems he started grinding the stone, and mixing all the three thing, togheter with water taken by oceans. he made a ball, then he threw it at the planet but instead of hitting it it was destroyed and something landed on the planet. soon all the surface was covered by it, just a thin layer in some places and meters thick in others. it was rich, and it was one of the last things needed. he decided to call it soil

create concept: soil 3PP
(you all forgot about it didn't you?)
(oh, i am happy to still have 5 PP. it seem i did important things)
(now, i am not sure if i am allowed to make plants. i would like to do so. if i am not, tell me)

then he came back in the valley he had created, and he saw it was beautiful. but empty.
he blew into the ground, and small green blades came out of the ground. then in his hand seeds came. many seeds, and he dropped them on the ground, walking around. as soon as one seed hit soil, it became a great thing, several meters tall, with branches and leaves. he decided the first thing he created was to be called grass, the second trees. and they were life. he gave them flowers and many other ways to spread. the leaves and the roots would allow them to survive, taking what they needed from the soil and the light (heat if we need to create light before). and they could make fruits. fruits with seeds into them, that would make new trees. that kind of life was only in that small place, but it soon would be everywhere

nourish land: 1PP
nourish land(again): 1PP

0PP left

(or, if you allow me to use only 1 nurish land for 2 different things at this stage of the game, then 1 PP left)

then he spoke to other gods
"see? life is simple. that is life. we won't need to babysit life forever, and we mustn't do it. life, being life, can find the right balance that allows it to live"

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 08, 2009, 10:31:31 am »

"I see that life can now officially survive on this world. I have my own gift to give it, a gift for all life, wether the creatures us three Gods of Existence create, or creatures any other god creates: The Gift of Magic. It shall seep into this world, and empower it and all on it for the rest of time, complementing the Rules of Reality and the Thoughts of all beings. And all life that hears my teachings shall be allowed to use it."

Zyenild rose to the Eye of the World. For the first time since the creation of the Eye, since the first star was made, Zyenild held the Arcanist's Will high up. The crystal, the progenitor of all crystals, even the Eye, and the seal by which Zyenild, Shaper of the Flows, could hold all the Flows under his control, started pulsating. Stronger and stronger. The Eye started pulsating too, slowly at first, but faster and faster, and all other stars and even the gems hidden deep in the bowels of Primordia pulsated of powers.

Finally, in a blinding unseen flash of light and darkess, in the scorching cold of freezing fire, in an echoing silence of harmonious discord, all Flows snapped shut around the new world. For a brief moment, all could now see the new structure, holding in place the Arcane powers given to the worlds. A web now spanned across the heavens, between all the stars, some strands reaching to the gems under Primordia's surface. These threads were the Flows, now held together by all the stars, according to their Hierachy. The Eye was the connecting point of all flows, from were they seperated to other powerful stars, seperating again and again in an intricate design from the highest star to the lowliest gemstone. And from the Eye, a single, immense thread streched towards Zyenild, to the Arcanist's Will.

((Create Concept: Arcane Magic. 3PP. None left. Now this magic can be used by any race to which i teach how to.))
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 10:33:17 am by Poltifar »
<@Akroma> eh
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 61