Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 61

Author Topic: Lords of Creation  (Read 64558 times)

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Creation
« Reply #195 on: January 08, 2009, 12:23:17 am »

(5pp to Axiom, The Old One, Berridan, Zyenild, and Myself. 4PP to the rest of you.)

Tevorak gazed upon the Tevorim. He knew that if action were not taken they would overtake the entire underworld. He coaxed some rock into moving, and morphed it into a crablike shape. "You will feed on the Tevorim, and you will grow stronger yourself. You shall have instincts, that tell you the cold will kill you if you go without sustenance. The cold is bad. The Tevorim are good."

Create Concept (3PP): Instinct
Create Beast     (2PP): Stonecrab
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 08, 2009, 12:27:35 am »

(Wheeee! Also, do we need to create concept: eating for our food chain to work?)

"I have had an... intriguing idea," Berridan declared. "What if we were to create many creatures, which feed upon each other in turn, regressing through a large system of predators and prey?"
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 08, 2009, 12:30:44 am »

(I guess we do need eating. Or better yet, energy transfer, which eating is part of.)
"Only if the system could sustain itself."
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 08, 2009, 12:31:07 am »

(Awesome ^_^)

"This thing called instinct might be a good tool for you Etom, especially to ensure the creations are always friendly and altruistic, and to make sure they love to create and hate to destroy."

((so, we god of existence this turn has if I got things correctly: 8pp in pool, and 2 pp to our own each? the actions we are to preform whit the pool pp is first creating the hub plane, and then these perfection creatures? I asume these will require more than ordinary create populace or plane because of the planes extensive contents and the populaces great power, but how much more is for Psyco Jelly to decide I'd assume?))
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 08, 2009, 12:34:01 am »

Wayock tavelled back to the island where he failed to find copper, he scraped one side of the mountain so it was completely straight, smooth and square. He placed his palm upon the rock and concentrated, and the rock face transformed into a large steel door,  with rings of iron hanging from it for handles. The door to the plane of war was created. ((Create Plane 4PP-0PP)) Wayock opened the door, smiled. Then closed it.

((
4PP

Create Plane 4PP

0PP
))

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 08, 2009, 12:42:02 am »

Ur called out to all the Gods, "I've done it! My newest creation is comeplete! Come, see it!" and waited patiently for all to come forth to gaze upon His workmanship.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 08, 2009, 12:46:07 am »

Axiom, always interested in new things, takes a quick break from working his models to come look at what Ur had done.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 08, 2009, 12:47:21 am »

Not sure whether his trepidation was justified or not, Berridan looked to see what Ur had crafted.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

duro

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 08, 2009, 12:48:40 am »

(Armok: I think so too, but I have no idea what Poltifar/Zyenild wishes to do this round. As I said I would spend 2 PP on the Hub no matter what, and at least one more for those beings, maybe the remaining PP for whatever obstacle unforeseen powers may place before the deeds that shall not be delayed for too long.
About the Instinct concept: Right now Etom Enol is too disturbed with other things, you know, maybe nature's laws have to suffice for the moment.)

Taking a short break from thinking, Etom Enol swirled over to whatever Ur might have created.
If slavery, barbarism and desolation are to be called peace, men can have no worse misfortune.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 08, 2009, 12:56:33 am »

((
About the Instinct concept: Right now Etom Enol is too disturbed with other things, you know, maybe nature's laws have to suffice for the moment.
Huh? I think I'm failing reading comprehension.))
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

duro

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 08, 2009, 12:59:20 am »

(This round my PP just won't suffice to create another concept. So I deliberately tried to circumvent its creation.)
If slavery, barbarism and desolation are to be called peace, men can have no worse misfortune.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 08, 2009, 01:04:21 am »

((Duro: It = what?))
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 08, 2009, 01:09:10 am »

"A food chain is inherently unsustainable. The amount of predators and the amount of prey would be tied in with one another, and while a cycle of high predators/low prey and high prey/low predators may occur, the cycle can easily be disrupted, either by the environment or by diease. If it gets disrupted, the predators might die and the prey quickly overpopulate (or the the predators eat all the prey and then die themselves). So, no.

Anyway, I have gotten some very good news. I have established communications with the bacterium in the Hodgepodge, and have learnt their means and methods. While I cannot express in words what they are saying, because there is no Concept of Language, I am able to talk to them by using the Concept of Intercession. Let me tell you that the bacteria are in need of our guidence.

Now, most bacteria only care about survival and of caring for their future generations.
And their present generations, they seem to be quite fine. But the bacteria is uncontent. There is the potential for massive overpopulation, with the amount of food sources for bacteria being depleted at a rapid rate. Certain strong bacteria species are hoarding food from the weaker bacteria, meaning oppression is being conducted. At the same time, certain genetic traits are being discriminated against in Hodgepodge, meaning social justice is being violated on a massive scale. I do not need to remind you how dangerous the situation is.

I am quickly doing work in redeeming the situation. Right now, I'm teaching the bacteria about the need for social justice and liberalism and how best to implement sustainable growth that will benieft all of society (1 PP wasted) to lay the groundwork for future reform, in the hope that bacteria will be able to solve these problems. My main hope is that these bacteria will learn not to compete for food, but to work together as one unit, for the good of all Hodgepodgian bacteria.

I have also promoted a skilled and intelligent Bacteria species, the Sulfolobus, to be the Exarch to govern the Hodgepodge (3 PP wasted). The Sulfolobus has been selected for its devotion to social justice and harmony. It takes only what it needs, and leaves the rest to other species. I have taken many elite members of the Sulfolobus species into the Education Plane where they are taught how to run society in a kind manner and how to solve disputes between bacteria species. I expect that the Sulfolobus species will help direct the Hodgepodge in order to survive during this tough period, and that most bacterium species will flock to the wise leadership of the Sulfolobus species."

EDIT: "If you want, you can easily talk to the Sulfolobus. However, you'd be best off talking to them either at the Hodgepodge or the Education Plane. As per the law set by Tevorak, no non-diety should set foot here, after all."
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 01:14:20 am by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

duro

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 08, 2009, 01:16:09 am »

((Duro: It = what?))
( ??? (maybe just too tired right now) )

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 08, 2009, 01:18:50 am »

((the reason I suggested using instinct is someone just created it and thus you WOULDN'T need to do that yourself.))
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 61