Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 61

Author Topic: Lords of Creation  (Read 64390 times)

StrikeTheSand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Creation
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2009, 04:43:55 pm »

(Hm, well, we'll see what psychojelly says about it)

(EDIT: Hm, would it technically have to be a concept first? If so, I'll retcon and add in the concept of life as well to finish off my pp. Only if I have to, though.)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 04:47:35 pm by StrikeTheSand »
I figured demons came from the 50 or so years of inbreeding between the things, like some weird goblin evolution.
I now have justification for genocide. Thank you.

duro

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2009, 04:50:41 pm »

I'm not sure if we have the concept of life yet.

Behold....

When the world came into being and the powers within began to shape it, they began to make elaborate plans and concepts, and behind the world in non-existance their thoughts assembled and streamed in freedom. But there was something new, a thing that existed, a clump of something identified as 'earth' by some thoughts, and with time the thoughts were disturbed by this thing and gained structure. Inevitably the structure of thoughts became conscious and started to think itself and created a concept of its own and called this Etom Enol. Appalled by the existing chaos and hostility of the existing, Etom Enol finds itself prisoner of a confined world whose meaning can only lie in release from the material and in transcendence to the world of pure thought.

Name: Etom Enol
Domains: Abstract Ideas, Trickery
Disposition: All matter and divine must transcend to escape its limited potential. Etom Enol and its followers will try to trick everything and everyone into furthering this goal.
Appearance: Often a black androgynous four-armed humanoid wearing a mask and holding a scroll. But most of the time nothing at all.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Etom Enol examined the world in detail. Disgusted by its existence without any meaning, Etom Enol decided that the world should be able to ascend. Therefor it should be able to think. Therefor it should be able to gain structure. Etom Enol saw it was rationale, and so it was done.

Create Concept (Life): 3 PP
1 PP yet unspent

(Edit: Dammit, should not have clicked "Post" that fast. May the divine Jelly decide faster than me.)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 04:54:16 pm by duro »
If slavery, barbarism and desolation are to be called peace, men can have no worse misfortune.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2009, 04:55:40 pm »

(Oops, I must have misread the OP, I thought we were already creating our gods. Oh well, I'll just say it was a passage in my holy book, which may one day exist.)

Yet another being became aware of itself. Narl'agash appeared, and found the void to be lacking something. After a brief moment of thinking, he realized that he was cold. He spread his arms, and fire was created. It was warm, and it was good. Enjoying the heat, Narl'agash shaped it into a hollow floating sphere which he could live within.

Create Concept (Fire): 3
Shape Land (Minor): 1

StrikeTheSand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2009, 04:57:53 pm »

( Thank you, duro! :D )
I figured demons came from the 50 or so years of inbreeding between the things, like some weird goblin evolution.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2009, 04:58:09 pm »

(They are most likely not true life, but chaos incarnate.)

"You are the one who destroyed my first... creation.
My... Servant? You are my equal. This void... It troubles me, perhaps we can find common ground. As a being of chaos, would you not say that unbroken nothingness is too structured?

I sense another presence, one which is alien to me."

Tevorak examined the tiny somethings crawling around his stone. They are... Strange, but not unwelcome.

Tevorak turned to The new spark that suggested equilibrium. "Ah yes. Void-being, what do you say to a balance of substance and entropy? It will make this... Place more predictable."

(He simply infused the surface of stone with chaos, no true life, but more like activity. Viruses aren't alive, BTW.)
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2009, 04:58:17 pm »

(i think the concepts of the major spheres that we are already are here, in the gods we created. and i am god of life and death. but  then maybe it doesn't work that way)(of course, this was to answer the first time. too many posts came before mine)

Thevorak created a stone, and Thyross put something new on it. It was something that could move, could make copies of iteself, like a god. and The Old One liked it, simpler but yet complex.it was something that had life and death merged in it.
and he started dreaming, he dreamt about something more complex than that, something that could speak to gods like them. lower, but more complex than anything else.
but for that to come true, more had to be done. before he could help these little creatures , he saw Etom Enol acting, giving them something more, allowing them to evolve, to change, to improve. and The old one was happy.
But something else was still needed. some other God created temperature, heat. but there was no heat, only cold, and cold was bad for life.
so He took the Earth in his hands, and the Earth was now bigger, several times bigger, and its core had an higher temperature, it was hot. and surface was warm. now life could evolve, and become something more

shape land(moderate): 2PP(making Earth bigger)
shape land(moderate): 2PP(making core warm)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 04:59:57 pm by andrea »

StrikeTheSand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2009, 05:01:27 pm »

(psycho: that works then. :) )

"Then shall it be, equal... And unbroken nothingness... is chaotic, within a sense. All that exists is chaos, never in order without interference."

And so he watched as others shaped the substance and give it what it would need to exist.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 05:06:36 pm by StrikeTheSand »

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2009, 05:06:22 pm »

Tevorak was surprised by the changes to his stone.

"This is good! More complex, yet still predictable!. I shall call it... Primordia."
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2009, 05:11:40 pm »

(happy to see you like. i thought that moderate was enough, since our planet is still small)

Serg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2009, 05:12:55 pm »

Undaparo stood watching for a bit, before determining that this small fragile rock was too brown for her liking, it was time to add some of her.

Create Concept (Major) (3 PP) : Simply willing it, Primordia filled it's lowest crevices with water, which slowly expanded and flowed, until she had filled up this small object to cover 50% with water, it at first sloshed violently, before resting and finding itself to the whim of the planet. It was now part of her, as she was part of it, although the water was now only accumulated in two or three large ponds, (rivers don't exist, yet. I guess.)

1 PP left.

StrikeTheSand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2009, 05:22:35 pm »

Thyross watched as the creation known as water flooded the world. In it, his creations flourished as they hadn't before. In this he saw potential. He turned to the being known as Undaparo and spoke. "I propose that we work in unison to produce new life from my gift."

(Basically, if Serg's character accepts, it would use 1 of his pp and 2 of my own to Create Concept (Major): Bacterial Life. Assuming psycho jelly has no problem with that, of course. Of course, if another god wanted to, they could step in an contribute one PP in place of Serg to do this as well.)

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2009, 05:25:51 pm »

"Interesting. Has my stone attracted you here? You may do with it what you will. I care not what is on it, but what is in it shall be mine. Do you accept?"

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2009, 05:31:42 pm »

it is not my will to stop you. do as you wish with this planet, as long as you allow me to keep it warm for the life that is there

(i owuld help iwth life, but i used all my PPs to make a world where there could be life)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2009, 06:27:38 pm »

(One of Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa's domains is discomfort, so I'd be willing to throw my remaining PP in with StrikeTheSand to advance life. Viruses can't think or feel and neither can bacteria, but it's a step toward more complex organisms.)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2009, 06:35:35 pm »

(you make life just to make it suffer? you are quite bad. not truely evil yet, but we will see)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 61