Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Upload some 200+ dwarf save games for me to run, pretty please ;)  (Read 727 times)

FFLaguna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I ruined my last fort after ~15 years when I finally got bored, and dumped lava everywhere. When the tube was half empty, I gave up. Unfortunately, I thought I was done with the world, and deleted all backups, as well.

Now, I want to test the d7 code, but when I reclaimed my site, the FPS was ruined due to all the flows. Does anybody have some 200+ dwarf saves (with no flows!) they could upload for me to try out? Thanks a lot... I searched but can only find some succession games.

FFLaguna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Upload some 200+ dwarf save games for me to run, pretty please ;)
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 12:38:50 pm »

Dang, I found one while sifting through succession games. It was hard to find an unmodded succession game with this many dwarves. There are just over 150.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=617

Does anybody have any more impressive save games they'd like to upload? ;)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 12:40:51 pm by FFLaguna »

Zwergner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 01:34:19 pm »

You could just embark with a ton of cats and give it a few years, if you just want to stress pathfinding :D
Dwarf Transplant updating utility

magic dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 04:28:20 pm »

I have a save with 191 dwarfs and 48 animals. I stopped in the middle of a mega project because it goes too slowely on my computer.  I could upload it, i just need to know how and which files. (rar?)

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 07:08:23 pm »

i have one with i think around 190 or 220 (depending on when my backup is)

it has a million waterfalls and things, but i can load it and turn them all off before i send it if you want, as you will never figure out the millions of levers i have everywhere. that will disable the fast flowing moat and some of the wells though. fort is huge, spans a chasm, and is somewhat confusing. world was generated in i think v39 something, but i moved to 40d. you can see which engravings were done in the latter as they show as little pictures.

it also has a somewhat larger then normal area, as i wanted magma as well as chasm, cave river and hfs.

just give me instructions on where to upload the save, or an email adress that i can send it to.