Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: [MOD] DFCP [v.B2] 40d13 FULL  (Read 35255 times)

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware those who would keep knowledge from you.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Complete [Alpha]
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2009, 09:33:05 pm »

I agree with StrikeTheSand. Racially motivated comments are best reserved for those tree-buggering elves.
For they would be your masters.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2009, 09:46:43 pm »

Oh well, I haven't started anime and racial discussion so I'm gonna skip it.

Just a few answers.

I liked back when men were men and didn't use far fetched size 10 swords.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odachi
Ritual swords > 2m. And THOSE guys were Men (at least in comparison to us petty modern humans).

I think the oriental culture is horridly cliched and over-used.
I didn't try to use cliches. I used some wikipedia and old samurai film weaponry and clothes, nothing more.
Also it's just a small part of oriental culture involved. If everything goes well I'm gonna adapt my old arabian character set to this and make some "desert people" as well.

Deon, you've made these yourself?
As I wrote in the 1st post I highly love Sphr set and almost everything which is standard here is from him. However I modified his humans to get oriental ones (I could do them from scratch but it would take more time and also I wanted humans to look similar despite of their race); also I've made kobolds, goblins and a few of added/missing creatures (like giant desert scorpion and wild dog etc.) myself.

All I would recommend would be a Mayan-style race. An actual use for blowdart users.
I want to stick lizardmen in this niche. At least the most common "lizardman" is based of aztecs or mayans actually.

do you want feedback of bugs or just general comments?
I have enough general comments, thank you :). Also I'm pretty sure there're no bugs, at least a few playtests and empty errorlog.txt show no bugs so far. I want your feedback and ideas which may help in further development.
The main issue may be with humans+humans trading in the same season etc. Maybe I will have to assign different seasons to them. And nords could be able to send caravans in winter.

I plan to integrate Martial Arts mod in it later if Sean doesn't mind because he hasn't updated for a while and there's a lot of work.

P.S. I've just realised that I forgot to add undead graphics for lich, vampire and ghoul. Oh well, I plan an update with more diverse items/clothing so I'll add it there.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 09:48:45 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2009, 09:48:12 pm »

I just want blowdart shooters wearing Giant Jaguar clothes. That's all I ask.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2009, 09:51:15 pm »

Oh, I get it. And some obsidian swords?

Also to a guy who started anime comparison. What made you think so? Oversized weapons in tileset? Sorry, it's intentional, in another case you won't be able to see them in 16x16 palette.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Im_Sparks

• Bay Watcher
  • Half man. Half machine. All messiah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2009, 09:55:27 pm »

Right, right. Didn't mean to offend anyone(this is the internet, after all. You're going to need some tougher skin)

Anywho, I think it's a nice mod, I just don't like the art style. Good job creating such nice sprites though  ;)
Well treat me like the disease like the rats and the fleas, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Well treat me like the sea oh so salty and mean, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Let's shake hands if you want but soon both hands are gone, A-ha-ha!
Cut me down like a tree like the lumber or weeds, well discard who you please like the leaves off a tree. Drag me out of the sea and then teach me to breath. Give me forced health till I wish death on myself. Ah! Ha! Ha!
March on! March on! March on! March on! MARCH ON!

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2009, 10:02:08 pm »

hmmm, my dwarves are refusing to pick up their copper pick hammers, duel weilding them isnt working either, am I missing something obvious?
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2009, 10:07:29 pm »

Are they miners? xD
I used pickhammer as mining tool AND hammer skill weapon. This may lead to strange results... However if it doesn't work I will leave it only as hammer since a pick is enough for me.

Also I've updated the 1st page with small list of added items to humans/dwarves.

And I picked japanese not randomly or because of anime mania. As I told I'm going to make separate language for each subrace which is a ton of work, but with japanese naming it would be easier and more "realistic" in the end.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 10:09:20 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2009, 12:07:55 am »

Ha, yeah they are miners,  changing their weapon prefs to hammers disables the mining job so that doesnt help either.  I started another fort with the same embark items and it told me that copper pick hammers were unavailible (like it does with some types of fish) the first was in a mangrove swamp and the second was a swamp/mountain region if that helps.  The normal picks seem to work fine.
  You still going to be working on the fallout mod Deon or are you calling it finished?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 12:18:11 am by jester »
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2009, 12:54:04 am »

I kind of like the idea of having DF humans using separate "castes", disturbing as the phrasing may sound. But... you've only made Aryans and The Yellow Menace. Where's the Nubians?
I've also kind of enjoyed the mixed elements of human culture- turbans in barbarian icelands, straight longswords in tropical camel-intensive kingdoms and so on. I propose that there be four or five sub-groups of varying tone and allowing them to be selected randomly for each civ.
While we're at it, why not some Dwarven Clans and Elven Tribes? And Goblin Lineages!
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2009, 04:04:24 am »

Where's the Nubians?
As I told I will be add more subcultures/subraces and for now this is just a test release to get rid of some obvious faults of me.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Marlowe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2009, 05:21:02 am »

Why Nubians? ??? Where's the Rhoxolani Sarmatians?

Did you do anything funny to Elves? You didn't mention them.

The Kobold bugtech is a nice touch; one thing though; are all these races playable civs? Seems a silly question but I missed it if you said so.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2009, 08:06:52 am »

Deon, you've made these yourself?
As I wrote in the 1st post I highly love Sphr set and almost everything which is standard here is from him. However I modified his humans to get oriental ones (I could do them from scratch but it would take more time and also I wanted humans to look similar despite of their race); also I've made kobolds, goblins and a few of added/missing creatures (like giant desert scorpion and wild dog etc.) myself.

Ah, right! Yes indeed, sphr's gfx set is one of the best. [Only Mike's set is at least as good as sphr's]

Fleeb

• Bay Watcher
  • The Fleebiest
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2009, 09:46:09 am »

Hmm, I started adventure mode as a human (lowest adventure tier) , and picked samurai swordsman, and I show up as a very western fighter with chain mail and a two handed sword.

The humans higher up the adventure tier show up as cutthroat and raider and the like, and seemed to be dressed like ninjas?

Also, started adventure mode as a kobold and can't talk to anyone. Not sure if this is a bug or not but thought I'd mention it.

::edit:: top tier humans aren't dressed like ninjas, standard western style dress same as bottom tier humans. Also, cutthroats start with no weapons or armor.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 09:57:55 am by Fleeb »
"If you push something hard enough, it will fall over" -Fudds First Law of Opposition
"If it goes in, it must come out" -Teslicles Deviant to Fudds Law

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2009, 02:59:33 pm »

Cutthroats etc. are from "outlaw" entity which can have some problems, it's a placeholder for raiders which should be replaced by some raider civ which should be eventionally in war with your entity. I could remove some essential weapons (cutthroat = swordsman).

MY BAD! F**K I knew it's bad to mod something while being drunk :(. I placed "samurai ***" etc. names on western guys instead of eastern,  thank you for mentioning, I will release a fix soon which won't break save games.
It was late and I messed up "***_name", it'll be fixed now.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 03:02:22 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2009, 03:07:43 pm »

Just tested cutthroats and they have short swords as they should.

Anyway I fixed something for the new version: now creatures from skulking entity are called "humand bandits" so you won't be confused with their skills.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12