Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: [MOD] DFCP [v.B2] 40d13 FULL  (Read 35247 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
[MOD] DFCP [v.B2] 40d13 FULL
« on: January 01, 2009, 05:05:12 pm »

>>>>> NEW VERSION <<<<< <- THIS IS A WEB LINK

Here comes a version of an ultimate mod which I am making.
New 40d13 version is up! Now you can zoom in/out with a mousewheel and have other fancy things. However note the text below:

NB! Because of a glitch in 40d13 currently the "enter location" for adv. mode key is "space"

This version features combined Isenhertz and DwarfLetter (by LordZorintrhox) tilesets.

A quick preview of some of creature/race tiles from this mod:

NB! New B2 version comes pre-packed, so you can play it without an original install. Just unpack it and play!

Others' content:
1) there's a Metalax's Uncut/Deblock mod included to allow you to buy gems/blocks from caravans and uncut them into rough gems/stone to use for moods.
2) there's Chariot's Angler mod included which adds a big variety of fish.

Let's start with it.

0) Adventure-mode friendliness.
Every race is playable in adventure mode for you to test.

1) Ethnically diverse humans.

The humans have various biome-dependant subraces, each with unique style and language.
For now there're 3 subraces:
1) humans: europeoid type humans which resemble medieval westerners
2) nippons: chinese+japanese type tropical/warm climate humans with yellowish skin, different eyeshape and eastern weaponry (a subrace which tries to "combine" chinese and japanese race).
3) norse: a race without plate armor (but with studded leather armor to compensate it) and partially unique weaponry. They are more resistant to cold and live in tundra and taiga (and sometimes even on glacier edge).

I haven't made an unique language for eastern people yet but I'm working on it.
Then I'll start to work on islanders (people who live on oceanshore).

A List of non-standard items for new subraces:
"westerners"
weapons
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
armor

"nippons"
weapons
armor

"norse"
Weapons
Armor

"ahrabim" (*graphics set by Beefmo!)
Weapons:

"elves" use unique-named weapons, armor and items too.

2) "Koboldly kobolds".
The kobolds wear different insect-related stuff, spit bugs and use parts of giant scorpions, bugs and spiders to beat their enemies. As they should.

3)More creatures.

There're ghosts and banshee in evil areas, mummies in desert and giant ice scorpions, snow trolls and mammoths in tundra and on glacier.
More than 30 of new creatures of various types with customized body structure, biomes and attacks.

4) Dwarven items.
Dwarves should be able to forge more sturdy and reliable weapons, thus I gave them unique equipment (runic and "dwarven" weapons and more sturdy armor) which other races cannot use or make anyway. Also there're two weapons which utilize COLD and HEAT damage (runic swords) which are just to test are they viable for most df players. If there'll be rants I can remove them or make them optional.
Weapons
Hammer pick
Keg hammer
Runesword
Awl pike
Brandistock
Bearded mace
Spiked mace
Dwarven crossbow
Runic sword of fire (for test)
Runis sword of frost (for test)
Hammer of pain (for test)
Armour
dwarven plate armour
dwarven coat of mail
dwarven chausses
dwarven tassets
dwarven three-quarter plate
winged helm
horned helm
battle helmet

5)Goblin itemss.
Goblins have unique equipment which replaces vanilla swords, armors and stuff.

6) More skulking filth!
A bit more of skulking races which consist of already avaliable creatures. I.e. "outlaw" humans and lizardmen for swamps, I used the same graphics and almost the same creatures but I will give them unique equipment later.

Warning: there're some new creatures which are mainly different kinds of creatures which are already present: i.e. jungle imps, frost imps, drakes, wild dogs, a few undead (liches, vampires, ghouls); and there're a few of "quest" creatures for playtesting which drop special itemcorpse (head of ...) which should be nice to sell. For now the quest part of DF is not developed so I tried to work in this direction too.

I have a big list of creatures but they don't have graphics yet, so they'll appear in the next release.
Most of common creatures use Sphr's graphic tileset and I've painted a few of missing ones and mine.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 12:41:04 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Im_Sparks

• Bay Watcher
  • Half man. Half machine. All messiah.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Complete [Alpha]
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 07:23:56 pm »

I love the kobolds, but don't like the overly-armored look of the humans. It looks almost anime/japanese. This is not a good thing.
Well treat me like the disease like the rats and the fleas, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Well treat me like the sea oh so salty and mean, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Let's shake hands if you want but soon both hands are gone, A-ha-ha!
Cut me down like a tree like the lumber or weeds, well discard who you please like the leaves off a tree. Drag me out of the sea and then teach me to breath. Give me forced health till I wish death on myself. Ah! Ha! Ha!
March on! March on! March on! March on! MARCH ON!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 07:36:03 pm »

But they ARE japanese, what's wrong with it? :) They use Bo, wakizashi, tanto and other exotic weaponry.

INFO IN THE PRE-GENERATED WORLD:

Map:

Civilizations:
Total cave creature populations:
Total civilized creature populations:
It looks like nords never give up (no norse prisoners in this world).
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 07:04:31 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 07:52:46 pm »

this looks like a good mod I am downloading it right now
Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

Im_Sparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 08:18:18 pm »

But they ARE japanese, what's wrong with it? :) They use Bo, wakizashi, tanto and other exotic weaponry.

I think the oriental culture is horridly cliched and over-used. I prefer manly, stout races; not flamboyant, colorfully overdone ones.

But hey, my two cents ::)
Cut me down like a tree like the lumber or weeds, well discard who you please like the leaves off a tree. Drag me out of the sea and then teach me to breath. Give me forced health till I wish death on myself. Ah! Ha! Ha!

TettyNullus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2009, 08:25:41 pm »

I think the oriental culture is horridly cliched and over-used. I prefer manly, stout races; not flamboyant, colorfully overdone ones.

But hey, my two cents ::)

Sounds more like elves than dwarves, colours aren't exactly needed in the dark  ;D

Im_Sparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2009, 08:40:54 pm »

Sounds more like elves than dwarves, colours aren't exactly needed in the dark  ;D

Exactly why this is DORF FORTRESS!!!!!, and not ching chong zhang wing ching XII modest village.

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware those who would keep knowledge from you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2009, 08:42:49 pm »

I kindof like the idea of Asian based humas in the game. Sure it's cliche, but if done really well it could still be fun to have your dwarfs interact with them, once in a while.

Plus, the Japanese have made huge contributions to metalworking, so dwarfs and Japanese might have a lot to talk about. 

For they would be your masters.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2009, 08:44:23 pm »

I love the kobolds, but don't like the overly-armored look of the humans. It looks almost anime/japanese. This is not a good thing.

What? Anime?! Not at all...in fact I love the art style. It looks like a "traditional" medieval gfx set. Deon, you've made these yourself?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2009, 08:46:55 pm »

What? Anime?! Not at all...in fact I love the art style. It looks like a "traditional" medieval gfx set. You've made these yourself Deon?

Indeed.
 If they were anime-based(As per old, actually good Japanese RPG's) half of the sprite would be their head, and half of that their hair.

Indeed, they look very good. All I would recommend would be a Mayan-style race. An actual use for blowdart users.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Im_Sparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2009, 08:48:03 pm »

I kindof like the idea of Asian based humas in the game. Sure it's cliche, but if done really well it could still be fun to have your dwarfs interact with them, once in a while.

Plus, the Japanese have made huge contributions to metalworking, so dwarfs and Japanese might have a lot to talk about. 

They're horribly... feminine. I liked back when men were men and didn't use far fetched size 10 swords. You're right, though.. I just don't like asiansor emos, middle easterners, christians, muslims, mexicans, americans, russians, germans, or the french.  :D

Fleeb

• Bay Watcher
  • The Fleebiest
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2009, 08:55:27 pm »

They're horribly... feminine. I liked back when men were men and didn't use far fetched size 10 swords. You're right, though.. I just don't like asiansor emos, middle easterners, christians, muslims, mexicans, americans, russians, germans, or the french.  :D

Disapproves.
"If you push something hard enough, it will fall over" -Fudds First Law of Opposition
"If it goes in, it must come out" -Teslicles Deviant to Fudds Law

Im_Sparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2009, 08:58:36 pm »

Disapproves.

The seven samurai was one of the only good things to come out of there. Also, gunpowder! :D

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2009, 09:10:27 pm »

Im Starting a new fort with this mod now, do you want feedback of bugs or just general comments?  Personally I dont think that the amount of vomit and mud splatter in df lends itself to anime graphics, but hell I was happy to be freaked out by swarms of g's and the dreaded skeletal E's.  If graphics are important you arent dwarfing hard enough.   
Could you put up a list of what is actually in the mod?
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

StrikeTheSand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2009, 09:18:57 pm »

Well, I'm gothic (you said emo, but still), christian, american, german, and french. You must really hate me. Seriously, joking about that stuff is... not cool. :(
I figured demons came from the 50 or so years of inbreeding between the things, like some weird goblin evolution.
I now have justification for genocide. Thank you.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12