Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: [MOD] DFCP [v.B2] 40d13 FULL  (Read 35236 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Complete [Alpha v2]
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2009, 03:34:55 pm »

Version 0.2 is up, with naming fixes and undead graphics. You can playtest the same worlds since it doesn't break saves.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2009, 06:06:27 pm »

You accidently put an 8 after steel in one of you reactions giving a Unrecognized Metal Token: STEEL8 error, it's an easy fix though. Also you have a body token called MOUTH_CAT but have it listed as CAT_MOUTH in the Creature_Domestic file.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 06:15:24 pm by Smitehappy »
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2009, 06:20:26 pm »

Ouch. Ouch. Ouch. Hit me harder.
I was playing with it for a long time. STEEL8 is not an error. It's from minerals mod and I made it once to cheat to not to lose a valuable noble. I guess I'm going back to see other consequences of minerals mod :). Thank you.

[EDIT] Are you sure about cats? I've just checked my .rar and it's MOUTH_CAT in both places. As I told I had no errorlog.txt references, this must be your error or fix.

I've edited the STEEL8 problem and now it's ok (in the uploaded version).
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 06:26:29 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2009, 06:27:49 pm »

It was CAT_MOUTH on mine originally but maybe that's Maydays bad or I'm just a tard XD, I'm not sure.
[EDIT] I've also just noticed this but all the military characters are messed up too, when I start as a crossbowman I have the spearman sprite, a swordsman looks like and axeman, etc.  Also people like Hammerlords or Macelords are just blacked out squares.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 05:23:37 pm by Smitehappy »
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2009, 07:45:12 pm »

O_O

[CROSSBOWMAN:HUMANS:6:11:AS_IS:DEFAULT]
He is THERE. Are you sure you clean-installed it? You have some weird bugs because something is not at place.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 07:47:05 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2009, 02:56:59 pm »

That's why it's pissing me off so much, I've done three clean installs and i still get the problem. Maybe its my screen resolution somehow....

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2009, 03:05:44 pm »

Haven't you tried to use different graphics set, let's say, Mike Mayday's?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2009, 05:21:35 pm »

*sigh* Yep, I was being a tard and didn't translate the init right since I'm using your graphic set and Maydays tile set.  :-[

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware those who would keep knowledge from you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2009, 06:24:50 pm »

Deon, I've added some 'black sand' formulas to my metals list, so that 'black sand' can now be used to make tool iron, grey cast iron, white cast iron (and delta iron), core steel, black steel, and jewel steel.

You're welcome to borrow these formulae for your Japanese humans, since the Japanese used black sand in their swordmaking, and having them rely on black sand instead of mining for iron would make them different from dwarfs, and from other humans.

There's also green and blue billon, which I borrowed from the Japanese practice of Mokume-gane.
For they would be your masters.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2009, 09:04:46 pm »

It's sad that currently we cannot add race-specific reactions.
Thank you for allowing me to use the sand, but I won't do it for a reason: this mod is designed to be played with minerals mod (optional) and that one already has this reaction.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2009, 11:34:08 pm »

Speaking of reactions I just noticed this reaction while I was playing and got 6 free bars of steel  ;)

[REACTION:RUBY_STAR_UNCUT]
[NAME:roughen cut gem(Star Ruby)]
[SMELTER]
[PRODUCT:100:6:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:STEEL]

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware those who would keep knowledge from you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2009, 12:59:21 am »

It does, but I haven't checked the actual mod to see if it elaborates on the whole Japanese swordmaking concept. If it does, then just ignore this post.
For they would be your masters.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2009, 03:39:07 am »

Speaking of reactions I just noticed this reaction while I was playing and got 6 free bars of steel  ;)

[REACTION:RUBY_STAR_UNCUT]
[NAME:roughen cut gem(Star Ruby)]
[SMELTER]
[PRODUCT:100:6:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:STEEL]

Read above:
STEEL is not an error. It's from minerals mod and I made it once to cheat to not to lose a valuable noble and forgot to change it back. My bad.
I've edited the STEEL problem and now it's ok (in the uploaded version).

It should be
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Download the latest version, it has normal reaction.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2009, 04:46:37 am »

Haha, here's me being a tard again, I didn't notice that was the reaction I changed earlier, I just got rid of the 8 and left it alone without looking  :-[

[EDIT] Also I was wondering about a few pieces of your armor and weapons. First is the dwarven plate mail, Am I suppose to be able to make it out of leather? I was under the assumption that plate armor needs to be metal.

Then there's the Runic sword of flame that I'm a little scared to try. Given something going wrong (And this is DF so it's gonna happen soon) can't it cause a raging inferno if one of my dwarfs get's unlucky enough to catch himself on fire by wrestling with a goblin was happened to get ignited by a runic sword?

And finally if it's not too much to ask I was wondering if you could give us a little more detail on the differences of your armor and weapons on the front page because going into the raw files is kinda tedious just to see how they differ. I don't even know what a brandistock looks like.  ???

« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 05:38:55 am by Smitehappy »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2009, 05:48:18 am »

Am I suppose to be able to make it out of leather? I was under the assumption that plate armor needs to be metal.
In history there were techniques to make a plate armor out of studded leather, so it's a real leather plate armor and I allowed dwarves to have it.

Example:

I just like it. And dwarves are fine armorcrafters IMO , that's why I added it.

I may leave it as it is and also I plan to add a civilization which masters leatherworking but is bad at metal smithing, thus they'll have mostly leather armor only.

Note that three-quarter armor (better protection for legs and a bit more sturdy) can be made out of metal only.

can't it cause a raging inferno
Sadly the current DF engine doesn't allow you to set something on fire with HEAT attack, it just burns througn armor nicely and boils victim's eyes and organs.

if you could give us a little more detail on the differences of your armor and weapons on the front page
Well, the main difference is in naming, also some "sharp" weapons have bigger critical chance and have less chance to be stuck. For now oriental humans have slightly better weaponry and western ones have some better armor, nothing too different.

Oh, and oriental humans have no "usual" mauls. Otsuchi is a large hammer which was used to break doors and gates so it's really heavy, and Kanabo is a large 2-handed mace which should be wielded by an extra strong human.

a brandistock

http://www.geocities.com/moro_villar/fotos/armas/Brandistock.jpg
It's a hollow staff with a retractable blade inside. When you stab something the blade flies out lead by it's weight and pierces the target. Just a type of spear (oh, and feather staff is almost the same thing; I just called the dwarven one Brandistock and it's a bit shorter and smaller in size than Feather staff which is used for humans, so dwarves can hold it in one hand).

Currently I'm playtesting Nords, I will put the new version here soon. They have better axes and hammers and warm leather armor mostly. However I have some problems with unique names for some items.

Oh, and I can't decide should I name humans or not. Let them be "humans" or name them "nippons", "nords" and such?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 05:59:47 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12