Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: TrumpetToads a horribly thought out Dwarven Democracy 204 Creamcorn  (Read 2222 times)

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile

O.K. as we all know from history a democracy can be fun or funny. Of course mixing that with DF, and the B12 forums we can have the best of both worlds.

Here is our young fort if you so choose to participate.

About the fort, there are two mods to this, the goblins family mod, and a slightly modified orc mod, size 12, and [trAPAVOID],
, [TR]. So things shall of course, be very interesting.

Ah also we are able to trade with vanilla goblins, who I increased their size to 10, and gave them [DAMBLOCK:10], as well as [TRAPAVOID]. About [TRAPAVOID], I've also given it to many creatures, so traps are completely useless for the most part.

Now rules, I'm going to make sure I don't bog you all down with too much of this crap.

Basic stuff

-You need to sign up of course
-Know what the term democracy is, and what a republic is.
-Have an idea of what you're doing if you get elected leader
-Be able to share powah
-Have your own cabinet

What I have in mind

If you're elected as the next forts leader.
-You have two years of rule before we elect a new leader, no you can't be elected twice in a row.
-If for some reason the new leader takes too long to update someone from his/her cabinet can takeover
-Your cabinet shall communicate through PMs, there's an option in the PM system to send PMs to more than one member, you can have as many people as you like in your cabinet, and you can be in more than one. Also you can add a limit on how many people can be in your cabinet.
-You must take commands from the people, but you of course have the power to act things out in the fort.
-If we think you're doing a bad job we can impeach you. >:(
-Give us plenty of interesting pics
-Secret projects must be kept secret! Because that's what governments do.
-Make sure to upload a map every year, just click my map link, and look for
[+'] Add a map to this series.

If you are not the leader of the fort.

-Make sure you respect the elected leader
-Make good suggestions par example.
"We should focus mainly of training Marksdwarfs"
"If so the marksdwarfs should be armed with steel bolts, micromanagement is a must"
"Screw Marksdwarfs Hammer dwarfs in  ☼Steel Plate Armor☼!
"O.K. how about cross training the Marksdwarfs with hammers, besides not much of a difference if we arm them with ☼Steel Crossbows☼."
-Try be active for the most part, if you can't make up for it with good suggestions or at least help us have fun.
-Always make sure you send your PMs to all cabinet members.

Etc stuff

-RP not enforced, but you can go on, and adopt your own dwarf, mine is the Glorious Leader who I will report as.
-Please give us three updates for every season so we can know what's going on.
-We can vote on allot of stuff so don't feel afraid to suggest something.

Fort stuff, game starts here.

I am this turns leader, I've given the fort about 5 free years to get prepared for the future, my turn is the last two years so let's make sure we use them to out best advantage! Also I changed the coke properties of Lignite, and Bituminous coal to produce 21 coke, what? I want glass in this place, and I'm getting too.

Site
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Population list has been taken off in favor of simply just asking for a dwarf which best suits your needs.

Other stuff
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

╔══════════════════════╗
║Sign ups go here      ║
║Creamcorn, (Leader)   ║
║Strife26 (Citizen)    ║
║Emperorer_Jonathan (Ci-║
║tizen)                ║
║Toonayman (Citizen)   ║
║Duke2.0 (Citizen)     ║
║                      ║
║                      ║
╚══════════════════════╝

Creamcorn as "Glorious Leader" main leader.
Strife26 as... Strife Weapon/Armor Smith.
Duke2.0 as Ellie Likotrinul dwarf for Inktense
Emperorer_Jonathan as Jonathan Zefonzes, dwarf for Fountainbranded
Toony_man as Sarah Alåthoddom dwarf for Boltscloistered, isn't the RnameG great?

Ah yes the name of my Cabinet shall be...

╔══════════════════════╗
║WHO WILL JOIN THE...  ║
║TOWER RAPES CABINET!  ║
Creamcorn             ║
Emperor_Jonathan~Mini-║
║ster of war           ║
Duke2.0~Economy expert║
║                      ║
║                      ║
╚══════════════════════╝

Also don't make your cabinet yet, wait for your election until so. Also limiting my cabinet to how many names can fit on to this here box.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 03:56:29 pm by Creamcorn »
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: TrumpetToads a horribly thought out Dwarven Democracy 203 MAtm-Creamcorn
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 08:38:50 pm »

The armoror shall rename hiself Strife!

Who will NOT join the cabinet.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 09:39:42 pm »

I'll take Dodok Fountainbranded, rename his Jonathan. He shall join the cabinet, war minister, please?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 09:55:06 pm »

I'll be Onul BoltsCloistered!!!

Name her Sarah!!

(you know, from The Terminator?)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 10:47:41 pm »

I'll take Bembul Inktenses, who will oversee the upbringing of infrastructure and construction. Cabinet, please.

Hmm, now what zainy personality shall she get...

Oh, name her.. Ellie. Easier to spot in the dwarven crowd.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 12:31:03 am »

O.K. this is good, very good.

Now to go on back on topic, as you can see most of our fort is fortified at this point, except that the back door draw bridge is in a quite dangerous position.

And by dangerous I mean that I accidentally crushed our mountain liaison because he was standing right next to our bridge.

So I propose we place the bridge a couple of tiles north, and raise it a little bit to prevent further stupid deaths. On a side note how should we protect our front entrance? Should it menace with spikes with steel as well?
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2008, 12:49:11 am »

Ellie would suggest walls, walls walls. They should menace with spikes of walls. Towers shall rise into the sky!

So yes, just extend the entrance path and add a tower or two.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2008, 01:32:37 am »

Aye, I agree, extend the walls. But we need to build our military stronger! WE MUST BE ABLE TO PUSH BACK AGAINST THE INTRUDERS! The War machine of the Trumpettoads shall destroy all!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 01:34:57 am by Emperor_Jonathan »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2008, 12:06:53 pm »

We could leave barrels of booze outside and comfort the goblins so they go away!! 

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2008, 08:21:08 pm »

Reporting out fellow dwarfs! Or fellow B12 forum goers.

The bridge has been modified, and fully completed!

I left a wall walkable for just in case, I do hope you know what I mean by that.

I have also begun digging out rooms for the peasantry, which also gives me an excuse to make more blocks. Also just noticed that I saved these images as gifs, I'll be sure to do pngs next time.

Hey Duke, and Emperor Jon, I'm not sure that the towers are gonna happen, our fort is already impregnable enough, I reeaally feel we should be focusing on the front entrance. Uh Toonyman... we've got about 700+ units of booze, I think we could do something better than to give it to the green skins.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2008, 08:26:52 pm »

The towers will be around the front entrance! Perfect plan!

But other than that, I suggest that you expand the food production and storage area. And make a proper refuse pile!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2008, 09:48:48 pm »

Wehave plenty of booze, give it to the goblins!  They can't handle the dwarveness and their heads will explode!   8)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2009, 10:49:30 pm »

Strife declares in the dining room,
"The peasantry must be prepared in the event of treason. Expand weapon and amror production. Train everyone in the martial arts."
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2009, 08:06:32 pm »

Reporting out! (Still not in character) And still without dates, each are taken a couple of in game days later.

I've built a new section for our animals, well it's just a stockpile, I hope to make this area more useful. Yes the B's you see there are polar bears. I traded for them last year, but forgot to tell all of you. :3

Also taking Strife's suggestion in training a militia by increasing metal output, which may not be too practical considering our situation right now, but may prove useful later on.

Also tired of trading, so I've cut relationships off with every civilization.

Started training the military! Really slowed down other projects going on.

And soon there we only two more dwarfs left to train.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
Re: TrumpetToads a horribly thought out Dwarven Democracy 204 Creamcorn
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2009, 04:38:37 pm »

Finally in character

23rd Hematite, 204, Early Summer

Woke up sore again, Strife's idea of training a militia has really made everyone tired, but I have to admit it was fun being able to kick, and punch everyone I knew after living with them for more than three years.

4th malachite mid summer

I noticed that while I slept I did not hear any sounds of conflict going on above the earth. It seems that Strife's idea of a well trained militia have been halted by the thoughts of two dwarfs, I don't know if it is a personality issue or just that Ellie is carrying a child.

I believe changing sparring buddies would be the best solution to get the militia program running again. I hope that Ellie doesn't mind fighting another dwarf with a baby in her arms.

17th of Malachite

No one seems to want to spar. I guess I'll take that as a sign to stop training a militia, it was slowing down progress anyway.

1st of Galena, 204, Late Summer

My reign is almost over, I need to consider how we shall use the rest of this valuable time we have left.

One more season, and I hand my job to the next foredwarf. Ah also had Olon churn out a few rock crafts.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 10:49:13 pm by Creamcorn »
Pages: [1] 2