Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Chronicles of Impulsiveness and Arson  (Read 3818 times)

Raz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chronicles of Impulsiveness and Arson
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2009, 11:11:19 pm »

I hope we can get stuff like boiling skin what with the layers in the new version.
"I can't wait to procrastinate!"

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2009, 03:54:45 am »

i can recall the one incident of exploding barrels i had in fortress mode when i decided to deliberately lava flood my fort was aparently enough to kill a peasant who was standing nearby. this was several versions ago and i dont know if the vapour it makes is enough to cause damage anymore. also, is it possible to do the retardedly hot lump of coal burning inside an iron bin trick in adventure mode? that incinerates anything nearby.

about the layers, im hankering for the bug that someone will eventually cause whereby a dwarf will get its cosmetic layers confused and attempt to clean its insides. i can easily imagine this happening when a dwarf has an open wound and another dwarf comes along to clean him as part of the new wound management system.

also, does anyone yet know what the liquid fire extract will do? and is it going into the next release along with venoms? i have hopes that carrying vials of that round once it gets a use may allow for some awesome new arson possibilities. liquid fire vials on the end of arrows anyone?

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2009, 05:35:57 pm »

I'm thinking firebombs.  Wee! I just love the smell of burning goblin flesh, don't you, Urist?
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2009, 02:45:52 am »

Rope, lamp oil, bombs. You want it? It's yours my friend! As long as you have enough ☼.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2009, 04:57:47 pm »

Produce rock crafts/R
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2009, 04:37:09 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Leader of The Fruity League?
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Gamermaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2009, 01:37:19 pm »

This.....is...GENIUS!!!!!!  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

I am so doing this ASAP!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2009, 03:10:19 pm »

Couldn't find any booze in adventure mode.  Otherwise my random assasinations by fire would be done using ill advised explosive items too.  I usually attack people in their sleep, but managed to get a guard who was standing perfectly still and a wounded shopkeeper too.  Also, I set fire to most of the wares of the clothes shop, but got a bit overexcited and began to burn.  I fast travelled out, and on my return found that the shopkeep had received no wounds and that his items were all only slightly damaged.

bamorrow

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McMason has been feeling clever lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2009, 07:55:43 am »

Booze in adventure mode is best found inside the lairs of a successful raider beast, like Giants.  Several Giants in a cave who've fended off the world generation beast-slayers, and the ground of the area by the cave will be covered with all sorts of stolen things.  Among them, mysteriously intact, will be booze.  No containers, just booze.

Lighting fires takes time and patience.  You've got quite a wait for the fire to spread in a satisfying pattern, and even then, it's also quite a wait for someone to end their movement in the fire long enough for their leather items to catch.
KAlSi3O8

AdvancedBen2E
Pages: 1 2 [3]