Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Champions shouldn't use archery ranges  (Read 1945 times)

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
Re: Champions shouldn't use archery ranges
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2008, 07:35:02 am »

Needless to say that I am just thrilled!  ;D

I find these the most awesome:

Core72, ROBUST ATTRIBUTE SYSTEM, (Future): Attributes are a sad, sad placeholder right now. There should be more attributes, say those from Armok 1, and their development, to the extent that they change, should depend on use rather than random assignment. They should degrade slowly over time if left completely unused.

although if you are questioning 'soon'... he's touching attributes now, so I can hope

Oh *shrugs*... ::) I've quoted it, but I completely forgot about it as usual. Sorry...  :-X

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2008, 10:47:17 am »

Needless to say that I am just thrilled!  ;D

I find these the most awesome:

Core72, ROBUST ATTRIBUTE SYSTEM, (Future): Attributes are a sad, sad placeholder right now. There should be more attributes, say those from Armok 1, and their development, to the extent that they change, should depend on use rather than random assignment. They should degrade slowly over time if left completely unused.

although if you are questioning 'soon'... he's touching attributes now, so I can hope

Oh *shrugs*... ::) I've quoted it, but I completely forgot about it as usual. Sorry...  :-X

Didn't mean to be an ass, but when I searched, that was the first thing that came up...  Fate conspired... ;)

Anyway, as far as the stat/skill decay goes, I'd like to see the min value be 10% of the max.  If you were legendary at one point, you might fall a rank or two if you left it, but you'd still be better than any plebe trying to pick it up.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2008, 12:52:30 pm »

Well yeah... Lowest common denominator

Plus Id think someone who used to be Legendary... even if put to his lowest point... would find it much easier to return to it from where he once was.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

LegacyCWAL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2008, 01:34:32 pm »

Kinda like riding a bike?

...only, you know, lethal.
HIDE THE WOMEN AND DROWN THE CHILDREN, THE BARON HAS ARRIVED.
Pages: 1 [2]