Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Metalcrafting can be useful  (Read 1673 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Metalcrafting can be useful
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2008, 09:44:05 pm »

OH YEAH! what would i do without chains!? i make millions of'em! WAIT! NOT MILLIONS! BAZILLIONS! SO USEFUL!

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2008, 09:45:38 pm »

OH YEAH! what would i do without chains!? i make millions of'em! WAIT! NOT MILLIONS! BAZILLIONS! SO USEFUL!
Ha and ha.  That is so funny.  You are a comedic genius  >:(
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

TettyNullus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2008, 09:47:42 pm »

I KILL THEM ANYWAY.

I use cages for prisoners and rope for animals!   ;)
Chains take 1 bar and cages take 3.  I see that as making chains greatly superior to cages.  I just make cages out of wood, and wooden cages are no good for justice, because prisoners can break out of the nonmetal frames.  Same with ropes.  Chains make the best jails because prisoners can actually sleep while they are in them, among other things.  When they are caged, there is nothing you can do to stop them from getting unhappy.

So metalcrafters are useful for something.

Err... cage's made by metalsmith, not crafters, if memory serves. But yeah, chain thing's more YMMV and sitution kind of thing for me, since I tend to get cages from importing animals, esperically metal ones from dwarves. And if my fortress haven't had too much trouble, metal chains are pretty much not needed anyway since they won't tantrum very often, and cloth ropes are pretty much disposable for me.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2008, 09:49:24 pm »

I...don't think any skill is needed for a fort.

Barring glass, adamantine, soap, and beds, there are always two ways of getting anything.(Soap needs tallow and lye. You can buy lye, but not tallow- you need a Cook and a Butcher to get Tallow.)
(This applies at most steps, but is a little dependent on trade partners for other ores/bars/stones/woods.)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 09:51:09 pm by CobaltKobold »
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2008, 09:51:42 pm »

Besides fish dissectors and animal care, they are on the same level of useless.  Whatever else I missed too.

Well no, I never said they were needed.  Just useful.  Two entirely different things.

I don't feel like arguing anymore, your right, I'm right, we're all happy.
Pages: 1 [2]