Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Monster adventurers?  (Read 7373 times)

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster adventurers?
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2009, 11:54:23 pm »

Hmm. What's this corpse doing here?....Oh my. He appears to have...drowned? How did he drown down here? Wait...what's that noise? Sounds kind of like...rushing water?

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2009, 12:00:25 am »

Exactly. And that was I learned how to force a "drowning" adventurer to "walk along the bottom.
 there was a few z level drop down, and then back up right before this, too, so that stop to refill all my waterbottles was a bad plan. (I hadn't realised the water was OVER flowing at first.)
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2009, 12:52:00 pm »

I've tried to go into the ocean as spirit fire..... took me around 2 hours to back to land after not a long walk into it...
I then started thinking if i couldn't walk to other side like that I would try with a frost creature...... would have worked unless if I could freeze water some 50 paces away... :P

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2009, 12:55:51 am »

hey flaede, i hope you went back and made a fort on that site with the flooded cave river to make a set of mechanical death trap water caves as something to get through on that road. ive just turned on visiblity for cave roads in the init file, they have allways intruiged me.

as a frost creature would you not fall into the water and then get stuck in a block of ice? or are there some out there which freeze the water near them?

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2009, 03:07:44 pm »

I played as an adamantine colossus once.
I was a damn GOD.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Peasant

• Bay Watcher
  • MANY WHELPS NOW HANDLE IT
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2009, 12:17:39 pm »

Playing as a hydra is awesome, i was just attacked by a pack of wolves. They kept charging at me but kept tumbling backwards, i was so massive they couldn't get me down. Sure some jumped on my fifth and seventh head, and one ripped out my left eye on my seventh head. But i just kept attacking and several of my heads had wolf legs, chunks and heads in their mouths. Seems like i just suffocated a wolf after shaking one from it's upper body, by just falling on it.

I finally died in a river filled with my own blood, it took 9 damn wolves and one grizzly bear to take me down. My eyes were ripped out, my legs were mangled and i think my entrails flew out too. It was violent and sad to watch.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 12:30:07 pm by Peasant »

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2009, 04:43:26 am »

@ peasant -

awesome.

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2009, 02:39:45 pm »

as a frost creature would you not fall into the water and then get stuck in a block of ice? or are there some out there which freeze the water near them?

That was why I failed. I will test  if I can make a creature so cold a nearby pond would freeze in a few steps... during spring 8)
IF possible to have a creature to change the climate of the general area and such... chances are low but plausable like in some fantasy movie.

I played as an adamantine colossus once.
I was a damn GOD.

I HAVE  to try a adamantine colossus. And what happened with it?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2009, 12:39:03 am »

I would say that it's impossible to make a frost creature, because while it's possible to make a creature invulnerable to fire with FIRE_IMMUNE, there is nothing to make him invulnerable to incredibly cold temperatures.

I don't think, atleast.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2009, 12:57:37 am »

Wait, really? Even blizzard men freeze to death?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2009, 01:41:58 am »

I don't think there's anything about Blizzard men that make them special, they are just size 9 creatures that leave a puddle of water when they die.

I think.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2009, 08:55:34 am »

It is possible to make creatures immune to the cold I believe... you just have to give them insane insulation.

Blizzardmen I THINK have the only cold attack in the game. If not... then Cold is freekish as it is the only kind of damage that has no one who uses it.

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2009, 11:23:41 am »

Frost punches can be deadly, I have plenty of frozen wolf-sicle.  ;D

Although when you give someone frost bite it counts as basicly a big bruise. would be fun if like real frost bite sets in , you know have to like sever it off before infection and whatnot.Maybe that would be implemented in the venom update ( http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=30026.0 )

[EDIT] I believe the token [COLDDAM_POINT ] answers your question, I guess if you set this really low ( DF temperature scale, http://dwarf.lendemaindeveille.com/index.php/Temperature_scale)  you could make him EXTREAMLY resistant to coldness and probably wont die from it... depending on his [HOMEOTHERM ].Example: set his [HOMEOTHERM:500] while his [COLDDAM_POINT:9500](Absolute Zero) He would kill itself with it's radiant coldness
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 11:38:35 am by knightedskull »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]