Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: War camels.  (Read 1572 times)

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
War camels.
« on: December 28, 2008, 08:13:25 pm »

Camels are vicious buggers, but mine are currently kicking around in the basements taking up cycles for no benefit. I have a cougar serving only as decoration.

What do I have to change to make anything trainable as a war animal?
I want war-cats. I want war-camels. I want war-cougars, war-cows, war muskoxen, even war-fucking-rhesus-macauqes.

They've gotta be useful for something other than emergency food supplies.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
Re: War camels.
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 08:22:06 pm »

I think you need to go into the raws and add [trainable] onto every creature that you want to be trainable.

But still, In my opinion I think that some animals, like giant eagles should be naturaly aggresive even without training.

Danarca

• Bay Watcher
  • [MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 09:50:54 pm »

"Lamestable" the hunting toad ??? ???
Clutter god the god of godly gods.
Om Nom nom nom nom
Ah yes the god of stone stockpiles, long randomly generated names, and gods.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 11:00:22 pm »

Actually, it would be [trAINABLE].  Tags in the raws have to be in all caps.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2008, 11:33:03 pm »

Actually, it would be [trAINABLE].  Tags in the raws have to be in all caps.
Right [trAINABLE] not [trainable], I just thought that was common knowledge or that he would get it once he sees all the tokens.

Yami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2008, 11:49:16 pm »

All caps...?  like say even the T and the R that you used lowercase?  Your post confuses me LegoLord.
Is it a bad sign that I purposefully deface masterwork engravings because I understand the importance of the throwing skill?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2008, 11:56:05 pm »

It should be [trAINABLE]. I'm sure the tr was a mistake.

Huh...that's really odd. I made sure it was all caps...I wonder why it's doing that.  ???
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 12:19:20 am by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 12:02:49 am »

Well thats a strange censor, Anyway the tr are asoposed to be in caps.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2008, 12:21:57 am »

How is it that not everyone knows about that forum glitch?

Yeah, its a forum glitch, nothing big here, move along.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2008, 12:37:52 am »

How is it that not everyone knows about that forum glitch?

Yeah, its a forum glitch, nothing big here, move along.
Or mabey... Thats just what you want us to think!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2008, 01:02:31 am »

I believe adding the [trAINABLE] tag to animals will make them automatically attack hostiles, like how untrained dogs will attack snatchers and thieves and what not. So if you slap that on camels and muskox and whatever have you, they'll trample any goblin sieges they see without prompting.

Imagine what war camels will do when, war cats do this.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2008, 01:05:29 am »

speaking of witch, is there any way that you could make goblins attack in bigger squads? Becuase the ones that are attacking now just arent doing it.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2008, 01:27:51 am »

Goblin squad size strikes me as something hardcoded in the game. If it was in the raws, I'm more than sure that many players would have increased the squad size to something ridiculous like two hundred, and no doubt most of the community forts would have tales of their champions defeating goblin sieges numbering in the thousands. Since this hasn't happened, goblin squad size must not be in the raws.

Your other options are to vastly increase your wealth to get bigger sieges or to edit the raws to make goblins tougher.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2008, 01:33:25 am »

Goblin squad size strikes me as something hardcoded in the game. If it was in the raws, I'm more than sure that many players would have increased the squad size to something ridiculous like two hundred, and no doubt most of the community forts would have tales of their champions defeating goblin sieges numbering in the thousands. Since this hasn't happened, goblin squad size must not be in the raws.

Your other options are to vastly increase your wealth to get bigger sieges or to edit the raws to make goblins tougher.
Hmm, yeah I dont want tougher goblins. And by the time you have gained all that wealth you probably would have goblin proofed your fort...

Theres gatta be a way!

TettyNullus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2008, 01:36:28 am »

Only other way I can guess is to up the gob's breeding rate, though I doubt that would have any effect. It does seems that more rich your fortress is, the bigger the swarms are... I tend to decorate the clothings that goblins drop for quick wealth boost  ;D ( If you decorate something, it automatically counts to fortress's wealth instead as import or some such, from what I can see )
Pages: [1] 2