Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: You got your Jesus in my Dwarf Fortress!  (Read 2366 times)

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
You got your Jesus in my Dwarf Fortress!
« on: December 25, 2008, 01:27:42 pm »

As it would happen, I was looking through a small world I made for semi-megabeast hunting's legends, I discovered the only war to occur was between humans and goblins, when the goblins invaded and razed the capital of the humans, only one civilian was killed. How, you might ask?

The demon Crucified him. I don't know if this has happened to you guys, or your reactions, but I laughed out loud when I saw it, as I had no idea that could happen.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
Re: You got your Jesus in my Dwarf Fortress!
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2008, 02:15:22 pm »

I'm just going to come out and say people were nailing other people to shit long before Jesus. He's just the most well known publicized one.

Ironic that this thread shows up on Christmas though.

Have a merry one.

(PS- it's a pretty grisly way to go)

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2008, 02:32:36 pm »

Yeah, I'm aware the Romans enjoyed killing stuff long before they killed Jesus, but that was the only reference I could think of that most people would get.

PS: Yeah, I watched a special on Crucifixion and it's pretty messed up. Some people don't even survive the stuff that happens before they're put on the cross.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2008, 02:36:05 pm »

Well not before he healed 50 humans and brought 10 back to life.

Man, I would love to see something like that happen in Dwarf fortress.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2008, 03:27:03 pm »

You may see it yet.

# PowerGoal86, THE PROPHET OF AA, (Future): The Church of Aa has become decadent and gifts to the deity have waned, and the priests have been filling their coffers. You appear and claim to be a prophet and say that Aa has abandoned the Church. The priests scoff at you, but you perform a miracle, and there is a schism in the Church and much violence.

# PowerGoal88, YOUR NAUGHTY CHILD, (Future): You and your sons follow a train of people from various towns going to see the prophet Shangris. When you arrive, Shangris tells people to overthrow the king. Shangris also says he is parentless -- that he sprang up from a hole in the ground. You leap up from the crowd and claim truthfully to be Shangris's father. Your sons come up and say that they are his brothers. Shangris holds a knife to your neck, screaming that he has no father. Your sons step back. The confusion disorients the crowd, allowing your evil son Shangris to escape.

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2008, 09:04:24 am »

pshh. i would have preffered an "I AM SPARTICUS!" reference to the jesus one. too many people have Opionions about the latter, thats Opinions with a capital O.

plus sparticus was far more dwarvenly. i can understand slavery and fighting in pits and acts of violence rather then feeding people and being nice, at least in relation to dwarf fort.

Plank of Wood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2008, 11:34:58 am »

plus sparticus was far more dwarvenly. i can understand slavery and fighting in pits and acts of violence

He was also the first notable case of identity theft.
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
They're like little bearded corals.

Thakh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://compus.sytes.net
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2008, 01:20:00 pm »

More importantly, was the human a carpenter?

Patarak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2008, 07:37:34 pm »

You may see it yet.

# PowerGoal86, THE PROPHET OF AA, (Future): The Church of Aa has become decadent and gifts to the deity have waned, and the priests have been filling their coffers. You appear and claim to be a prophet and say that Aa has abandoned the Church. The priests scoff at you, but you perform a miracle, and there is a schism in the Church and much violence.

# PowerGoal88, YOUR NAUGHTY CHILD, (Future): You and your sons follow a train of people from various towns going to see the prophet Shangris. When you arrive, Shangris tells people to overthrow the king. Shangris also says he is parentless -- that he sprang up from a hole in the ground. You leap up from the crowd and claim truthfully to be Shangris's father. Your sons come up and say that they are his brothers. Shangris holds a knife to your neck, screaming that he has no father. Your sons step back. The confusion disorients the crowd, allowing your evil son Shangris to escape.

Pff, new testament is a pussy book. Toady's going to have to go all OLD TESTAMENT if it's going to be nearly dwarfy enough.

#Powergoal X, HEATHENS, (Future): A migrant arriving in the town worships the rival god Huranth for a safe journey. Your father arrives in town immediately after and kills everyone for no reason. :D
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 07:44:32 pm by Patarak »

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2008, 09:02:59 pm »

You may see it yet.

Pff, new testament is a pussy book. Toady's going to have to go all OLD TESTAMENT if it's going to be nearly dwarfy enough.

#Powergoal X, HEATHENS, (Future): A migrant arriving in the town worships the rival god Huranth for a safe journey. Your father arrives in town immediately after and kills everyone for no reason. :D
If your father kills them becuase the rival god Huranth, then that cant be for no reason can it?

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2008, 05:56:08 pm »

But uh, each individual powergoal has an actual story to it.
They're not just random things happening.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries