Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: v.40d-TWO!  (Read 2358 times)

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
Re: v.40d-TWO!
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2008, 02:52:49 am »

Eh, it doesn't work, says the program could not run, reinstalling might solve this problem and the like.

I did not overwrite it over the older version or anything. I'm using windows version.

Downloaded, extracted, ran dwarf fortress.exe, got message.

:( carp
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 03:01:19 am by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Davion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2008, 03:15:15 am »

Eh, it doesn't work, says the program could not run, reinstalling might solve this problem and the like.

I did not overwrite it over the older version or anything. I'm using windows version.

The top two posts here might help

I was getting the same thing and I downloaded the library from Microsoft's website and it fixed it and runs fine.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2008, 09:24:59 am »

Okay, just a question for those people who has a "decent" computer: Have you noticed any FPS increase at all? If yes, how much is your FPS gain compared to the old version?

Mondark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2008, 10:18:29 am »

Okay, just a question for those people who has a "decent" computer: Have you noticed any FPS increase at all? If yes, how much is your FPS gain compared to the old version?

I've got a pretty decent desktop, with a roughly 1.9 Ghz dual core processor, and 3 gigs of RAM.  I didn't really notice any marked improvement with the DFA or the 40d2 version.  Infact, the DFA seemed to drop FPS by about 10-15.  However, on my laptop (can't remember, but I think the specs are similar) I did get a definite improvement with the DFA.  I haven't tried 40d2 on my laptop yet, but I expect it'll be better than before.
Fefeshnelmargalip

Fleeb

• Bay Watcher
  • The Fleebiest
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2008, 10:54:56 am »

Weird issue, using .40d2 with a graphics set, my units flash between the graphics and the asci character. I use orcs and they flash between the correct graphic and the lower-case "o" of their asci set.

::edit:: Ok, it only seems to be legendaries, that do this. Instead of flashing between alt colors for their profession they flash to the asci character for their race.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 10:57:04 am by Fleeb »
"If you push something hard enough, it will fall over" -Fudds First Law of Opposition
"If it goes in, it must come out" -Teslicles Deviant to Fudds Law

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2008, 01:30:42 pm »

I had the same. Installing the c++ 2008 Runtimes or how tjhat stuff is called solved my problem.

I have 1,2 GHz Singlecore with 256 MB RAM and got an improvement of 5 FPS compared to the 40d version in which i had 25 FPS average on an bigger Map.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2008, 01:42:00 pm »

Thanks, it works now  :D , now for the statistics:

FPS went from 14-20 to 20-30 on my 8x8 map, getting the same speed with partial print on and off.

Bugs: The title screen music keeps playing even after i load the fort, and gets mixed up with the game music, nothing terrifying, but annoying anyway, had to turn it off.

Oh yea, also, cannot use 2 keys at once (IE shift+wasd, etc).
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 02:01:19 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2008, 07:17:39 am »

For me something similiar. DF thinks out of sudden that i use an qwerty keyboard instead of my german qwertz.

edit: updated my Graphic-card-drivers and got additional 5 FPS
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 10:12:26 am by Heph »
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2008, 01:39:21 pm »

Bugs: The title screen music keeps playing even after i load the fort, and gets mixed up with the game music, nothing terrifying, but annoying anyway, had to turn it off.

This is happening to me, but in reverse. The game music plays when I save and exit to the main menu.
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

MuonDecay

• Bay Watcher
  • Say hello to my little μ
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2008, 07:26:26 pm »

This is happening to me, but in reverse. The game music plays when I save and exit to the main menu.

Thankfully that's one of those benign variety of bugs where there's a not-very-painful workaround available in the init file (turning sound off).
Pages: 1 [2]