Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: What was the most embarrassing way you died?  (Read 4981 times)

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
Re: What was the most embarrassing way you died?
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2009, 11:13:29 am »

I'm surprised that nobody has said "You've been encased in a block of ice" yet.
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

Eldin

• Bay Watcher
  • BINGO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2009, 04:50:14 pm »

Once, I made a death-trap in Fortress mode, basic flooding trap using the river. I also built an escape route.

When I visited in adventurer, I wasn't aware that water could push you around. Like, say, past the escape route and into a room. With one entrance. And the room rapidly filling with water.

At least I know that flood traps work.
Hi!

jarathor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2009, 05:10:20 pm »

In one map I made, half of the towns were ruins because of all the wars, and somehow everybody decided to move back in to their towns - except for some reason, none of them went to the towns they actually came from. Every single person was a peasant, a consequence in living in a ruin, I guess.
Anyway, since everybody was a different civ member, You could attack little groups of them and nobody would care. Lots of fun.
Until of course, I get dogpiled by ~30 people, including children, and they broke all of my bones (and organs) one by one. Then they stole all my clothes.

StrikeTheSand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2009, 06:43:07 pm »

In one map I made, half of the towns were ruins because of all the wars, and somehow everybody decided to move back in to their towns - except for some reason, none of them went to the towns they actually came from. Every single person was a peasant, a consequence in living in a ruin, I guess.
Anyway, since everybody was a different civ member, You could attack little groups of them and nobody would care. Lots of fun.
Until of course, I get dogpiled by ~30 people, including children, and they broke all of my bones (and organs) one by one. Then they stole all my clothes.

Damn, could you give me the World Gen specs please? Sounds like a fun world. :D
I figured demons came from the 50 or so years of inbreeding between the things, like some weird goblin evolution.
I now have justification for genocide. Thank you.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2009, 08:13:52 pm »

You enjoy being gang-raped in a deserted, ruined building by children? What part of that is fun, you sick bastard?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

StrikeTheSand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2009, 09:18:23 pm »

You enjoy being gang-raped in a deserted, ruined building by children? What part of that is fun, you sick bastard?

Yeah, sure, why not? If it's good enough for Michael Jackson... /sarcasm

No, I was seriously talking about the repopulated ruins where no group cares if you attack another... I'm not that sick, damn. Nah, the worst I'd do would kill the children and arrange their dead bodies in a pentagram... Even if that's been done before... I think...
I figured demons came from the 50 or so years of inbreeding between the things, like some weird goblin evolution.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2009, 09:59:46 pm »

I set fire to an elven retreat.
I sleep about 5 tiles away, safe in the knowledge that Adventure Mode fire doesn't spread.
I wake up, on fire, wearing all kinds of !!leather!!
Wtf.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2009, 10:07:24 pm »

well, considering that time moves MUCH faster in fortress mode, the fire probably is spreading, but at a much slower rate because decreased speed of time.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2009, 10:46:51 pm »

well, considering that time moves MUCH faster in fortress mode, the fire probably is spreading, but at a much slower rate because decreased speed of time.
No, I figured it out.
With [SEVERONBREAKS] and about fifty bajillion body parts, my elves/humanoids EXPLODE VIOLENTLY when they burn to death.
The flying body parts are subsequently on fire and burn everything in their path.
Myself included.
EDIT:This is the best example of the situation I could find.
Obviously, smoke is where child was.
Red/yellow (firey) 2s are his body parts.
The white one is a bone, previously some part of an elf.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 10:55:50 pm by jaybud4 »
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

StrikeTheSand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2009, 12:49:53 am »

Likely a combination of both... I've made a similiar mistake. Involving fire. And Elves. Very, very pissed Elves.

Huey

• Bay Watcher
  • If a tree kills in tha forest does it make a sound
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2009, 01:18:17 am »

:great shame:  I actually HAVE been encased in a block of ice, but only once. It figures that the river I was trying to cross would freeze solid while I was in the damn thing! I'm reasonably certain that the season changed while I was swimming, so now I try not adventure in the fall, on the off-chance that I will forget, and pull the same stunt.

Also, wolves in packs are very nasty.
There's a question mark in the place of a spark
that used to be an answer
aiming straight for the heart but you missed the mark and
the arrow turned to cancer

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2009, 02:09:52 am »

I ha'en't yet been killed by wolves. They go down to a good axing/what ha'e you and I'm always alone.

I haven't played as Ad'enturer that much though.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

CyberCube

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished Attorney
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2009, 04:54:54 am »

This was an earlier version, so the megabeasts didn't have the 200 years of training that they do now, but anyway, I decided to put most of my starting points into shield and armor skill. After slaying tons of megabeasts and even removing a demon from a goblin fortress before it could move, right after killing their elite bowmen, I finally decided to pursue a quest one of the mayors had given me shortly after I began my adventure. The target? A bronze colossus.

I found it wandering around next to some hills, far in the eastern part of the world. I knew I was at a disadvantage, as my spear wouldn't be able to cause it pain. Regardless, the fight went on for at least fifty turns, with the colossus taking moderate injuries and me not taking any damage at all, but getting tired once in a while. Then I got the bright idea that standing on the hill would give me a height advantage. And, of course, I forgot to change my combat preferences to Stand Ground.

No, let me rephrase that. I thought about it, but then I decided not to for who knows what reason. As a result, I fell one z-level, got stunned, and got my head smashed.

regerstreen

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2009, 11:53:23 pm »

The first time I played, I jumped into water, drowned.

The second time I played, I started out with some swimming skills. So I proudly jumped into water, right into two aligators. Last thing I read was that one of the aligators spitted out my head  :(
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]