Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Suggestions for elves  (Read 5667 times)

Techhead

• Bay Watcher
  • Former Minister of Technological Heads
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions for elves
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2009, 07:27:45 am »

Druids could arrive at your fortress and summon Treants!!!
Engineering Dwarves' unfortunate demises since '08
WHAT?  WE DEMAND OUR FREE THINGS NOW DESPITE THE HARDSHIPS IT MAY CAUSE IN YOUR LIFE
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2009, 01:29:06 pm »

No, your knee-jerk negativity is what's getting old and done. *yawn*

If you have a problem with me, keep it in PMs instead of spamming the board

Doesn't that sound a little dull/not fun?

Perhaps. Just throwing it out there, a tent based site would be worth having even if the elves don't use it
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 01:31:00 pm by Pilsu »

Felblood

• Bay Watcher
  • No, you don't.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2009, 02:18:40 pm »

Tent cities for nomads would be cool, but I think elven architecture is intended to be a bit more impressive than all that.

Yes, elves are ignorant, self-righteous and rude, but that's no reason that killing them for it can't be an interesting challenge. Drowning chambers are all well and good for merchants and ambushers, but sacking the elven capitol should be a bit more dramatic than knocking over some tents.

*Doink*

*plop*

"The city is destroyed! Elves suck!"

Plus, elf city, might be a fun variant to change things up. Not being able to mine and smith properly or cut trees normally and having to woo the wood out of the trees, or whatever it is elves do, contrasted with being able to make trees grow wherever you want and being able to build cities upwards on tree platforms and whatnot would be a very cool change of pace. It's not a short term suggestion by any means, but full of possibility.
The path through the wilderness is rarely direct. Reaching the destination is useless,
if you don't learn the lessons of the dessert.
--but you do have to keep walking.

madrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2009, 01:23:26 am »

If I weren't lazy I'd mod my elves to only live in deserts and be perfectly fine with cannibalism.  They'd make everything out of bone, stone, and glass.  The elves' cannibalism just doesn't seem to mesh well in my mind with the standard Tolkien fantasy elf.  But take some cues from Dark Sun or Earthdawn and suddenly they interest me in a way that none of the boring tree-hugging elves do.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2009, 03:07:05 am »

Elves surely have too some kind of fuel to be kept warm in wintery nights. For this i suggest that they use peat instead of wood.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2009, 06:08:44 am »

Elves surely have too some kind of fuel to be kept warm in wintery nights. For this i suggest that they use peat instead of wood.
They normally don't live in temperate areas.  Most Forest Retreats I've seen have been in places warm year-round.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Craftling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2009, 07:47:20 pm »

I like the living castle thing. Forget giant eagles, if elves were elves they would ride dragons and would set fire to any silly dwarf that set foot outside of the fortress then fill him with arrows. Im taking a thought from underground diversoty and saying if there are going to be underground forests, why not underground elves?.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2009, 08:51:53 pm »

Will they kick butt? Like Dwarves? WIll they just be really tall dwarves who don't drink as much and move faster? Or will they be evil, and totally a ripoff?

I want them to be tall. And really awesome.  Stupid surface elves! *pulls lever*

I'm supporting this either way.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]