Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: The MERRY CHRISTMAS! thread - Also the MY LOOT thread  (Read 4741 times)

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
Re: The MERRY CHRISTMAS! thread - Also the MY LOOT thread
« Reply #60 on: December 26, 2008, 01:07:53 pm »

Rawr.
I got a shiny new computer (specs available on my Xfire profile if you're so inclined) that I've been mentioning in various places throughout the board for a while now.
And a $100 Visa gift card.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 26, 2008, 01:29:49 pm »

Got a:
Wii (buying some games for it today)
Wii sports pack
New earbuds
2 t shirts
bout $40 cash
$20 best buy gift card
$40 to borders
a clock with a rooster on it (that was white elephant as opposed to christmas)
2 gig cell phone memory card
4 gig memory card (just relized it has the same name as the psp card I wanted which seems odd to me)

Then a Vii.... a cheap knockoff of the wii but it does seem like its a tad more portable than the wii (easier to play in car possibly) and its based around the older games.

Not to bad in the end, had alot of fun with the family and went to the Dickens fair in San Fransisco on Sunday which was a blast.

Mikademus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pirate ninja dwarves for great justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 26, 2008, 02:23:57 pm »

Tolkein book, not sure which one. Set around the period where Silmarillion occurs, all sorts of giant evil monsters and so on.
some damn socks and other squishy presents.

Tales of Middle Earth, or perhaps one of the Book of Lost Tales?

Also, don't diss socks, hear? Some of us brave fire, sieges and death itself for them!
You are a pirate!

Quote from: Silverionmox
Quote from: bjlong
If I wanted to recreate the world of one of my favorite stories, I should be able to specify that there is a civilization called Groan, ruled by Earls from a castle called Gormanghast.
You won't have trouble supplying the Countess with cats, or producing the annual idols to be offerred to the castle. Every fortress is a pale reflection of Ghormenghast..

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 26, 2008, 02:58:22 pm »

I can't hear you over the sound of how much I <3 my new bass.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 26, 2008, 04:25:12 pm »

Hope everyone had a good day and gorged themselves responsibly on food and drink. The major part of my 'haul' this year was Guitar Hero: World Tour for my Ecksbawks, allowing me to prove that I am indeed a rock god of some notable proportion. M&Ms out the wazoo, as well, and plenty of miscellaneous, such as Lego, and a really interesting book. Picked up Eternal Sonata (Chopin-themed RPG for the Ecksbawks) and The Dark Knight at the post-Christmas sales as well, so I'm pretty much set for all of January, provided I can live off pork and red M&M sandwiches.

And damnit, I'm going to try.
Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 26, 2008, 04:48:23 pm »

Actually, you just reminded me what I want to buy with my monies.
Lego.
I'm 17 years old and over 6 feet tall, but I'll still play with lego on the carpet.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 26, 2008, 04:55:33 pm »

If there's one thing that the dwarf fortress community likes more than dwarf fortress, it is LEGO.
I myself have about 50kg's of the stuff, most of it is basic building blocks but I do have quite a few larger sets as well. I find that the cheapest way to buy it is at trading/auction websites as there are always people trying to get rid of old LEGO and you can usually find shitloads of it at bargain prices.

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 26, 2008, 05:24:51 pm »

Lego.
I'm 17 years old and over 6 feet tall, but I'll still play with lego on the carpet.

Hell, I'm 23 and still have to be told every paycheck not to blow it all on Transformers and Lego. Just because you get older doesn't mean that it gets any less awesome. I have about 3 boxes full of loose bricks, each box being about 1.5 metres long and 50cm tall. Really into the Star Wars Lego stuff right now. Star Wars Transformers, less so. Waiting for the next wave of Marvel Transformers to hit though  ;)

Never grow old, Bay 12 Games!
Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 26, 2008, 06:31:21 pm »

Lego.

Hell, I'm 23 and still have to be told every paycheck not to blow it all on Transformers and Lego. Just because you get older doesn't mean that it gets any less awesome. I have about 3 boxes full of loose bricks, each box being about 1.5 metres long and 50cm tall. Really into the Star Wars Lego stuff right now. Star Wars Transformers, less so. Waiting for the next wave of Marvel Transformers to hit though  ;)

Yeah!  I actually hope to one day do some work for LEGO.  Big surprise.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 26, 2008, 06:33:07 pm »

Yay LEGO!

I love the stuff! When I was a kid,I had this rich friend who constantly got new sets of LEGO, but he'd only build the LEGO as instructed on the box. He'd always get pissed when I tried to use the spare bricks to build something new.

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 26, 2008, 06:38:51 pm »

I'm a sculpture nut right now BECAUSE I spent my entire childhood building things with Legos.

Amazing how a toy can help you pick up concepts like color cohesion, structural integrity, gear mechanics, interpretation and general hand-eye coordination. :D

The transformers didn't hurt either. <_<
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

Mikademus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 26, 2008, 06:47:48 pm »

I'm a sculpture nut right now BECAUSE I spent my entire childhood building things with Legos.

Amazing how a toy can help you pick up concepts like color cohesion, structural integrity, gear mechanics, interpretation and general hand-eye coordination. :D

The transformers didn't hurt either. <_<

<In my most elfish voice>

And my Barbies helped ME develop my colour coordination skills and sense of aesthetics! By applying make-up to dolls you're really preparing for delicate cosmetology on life-size subjects and a FABULOUS career as a beautician!
You are a pirate!

If I wanted to recreate the world of one of my favorite stories, I should be able to specify that there is a civilization called Groan, ruled by Earls from a castle called Gormanghast.
You won't have trouble supplying the Countess with cats, or producing the annual idols to be offerred to the castle. Every fortress is a pale reflection of Ghormenghast..

ACE91

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SECTOR91 Productions
« Reply #72 on: December 26, 2008, 07:00:06 pm »

Lego.

I'm exactly the same... 17 and still play with LEGOs all the time. I think LEGO freaks are naturally drawn to DF because of the building aspect of the game.
ACE91, Programmer cancels Strange Mood: Went insane.
because there's only one reality.
Says who?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 26, 2008, 07:45:00 pm »

Lego.

I'm exactly the same... 17 and still play with LEGOs all the time. I think LEGO freaks are naturally drawn to DF because of the building aspect of the game.

I'm 21, and I still buy Legos when I can.  I used to have thousands of dollars worth, collected in various lots since I was about 4, but I lost them all in a housing rearrangement a few years ago.  I even know where they are, I'm just loathe to touch them now because they've been in the possession of a small, slobbery child in that time.  Maybe someday, I'll go reclaim them, and run them all through a bathtub.  Till then, I'll just keep buying Star Wars models.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Mikademus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 27, 2008, 11:01:29 am »

How did this thread turn into "Logoholics Anonymous"?
You are a pirate!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6