Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: The MERRY CHRISTMAS! thread - Also the MY LOOT thread  (Read 4747 times)

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: The MERRY CHRISTMAS! thread
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2008, 10:52:51 pm »

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone. 

I'm not christian, but Christmas is still a holiday for attempting to bring joy to your fellow man, I can get behind that.  I just avoid the religious aspects of it.
Bingo!  You don't have to be Christian to celebrate Christmas, so you shouldn't be upset (serg) when one person says "Merry Christmas."  Now if there's a sign in a store that says that, you should be upset.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2008, 10:59:28 pm »

I just say Happy Holidays because it wraps in New Years as well.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2008, 04:17:59 am »

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone. 

I'm not christian, but Christmas is still a holiday for attempting to bring joy to your fellow man, I can get behind that.  I just avoid the religious aspects of it.
Bingo!  You don't have to be Christian to celebrate Christmas, so you shouldn't be upset (serg) when one person says "Merry Christmas."  Now if there's a sign in a store that says that, you should be upset.

Eh? But we prohibit celebrating other's holiday.
So, I'm [maybe] upset (hehehe)

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2008, 04:25:41 am »

2 hours for me until the 25th arrives... I'm not actually to bothered by it though, Christmas has kind of lost it's wow factor for me now that I nearly always know what I am getting (I am hard to buy for apparently) and I often spend more money on other people than they do on me.

Anyways, Merry Jesus day... erm I mean Merry Christmas. :P

(For the record I am not Christian but I have no problem with Christmas being advertised in shop windows, billboards and such as a christian holiday)

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2008, 04:54:38 am »

Happy holidays! 'cause I sorta kinda care enough not to discriminate different religions/beliefs.

But the people in stores who say, "have a nice Christmas!" Make me want to spit in their face, because they don't know what I believe. Does a Caucasian male, who lacks other stereotypical features of other races, have to believe in Christmas? I might have a menorah at home, or a large statue of a roman deity in my living room.

Say happy holidays, it's more politically correct, and makes Serg rage less.

It's T-Minus 3 hours and 10 minutes until Christmas Day here. I hope that everyone enjoys themselves, no matter how BAH HUMBUG everyone else tries to be. God I know I'm a bit of a cranky sonuvabitch sometimes, but c'mon - it's Christmas. Enjoy the presents, enjoy the food, and enjoy the day, regardless of what connotations you imply or attach to it all. So just get over yourselves for one day of the year and just have fun - it's not going to kill you. Unless you're like some kinda Reverse-Hulk or something. Then stay grumpy.

Merry Christmas, Bay 12 Games! Forums Cancel Activity: Attending Party.
Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2008, 05:47:24 am »

I was trying to think of something witty and cynical to say but I ran out of ideas.
Merry Christmas.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Zasit Alebath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://jedvagenij.blog.hr
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2008, 05:49:42 am »

Sretan Božić iz Hrvatske

Merry Christmas from Croatia
I deny that I exist, or have ever existed, for any legal purposes, particularly lawsuit.)
'b' is different than 'x' and a Bed doesn't hold back magma as well as a Floodgate no matter how fast you type.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2008, 06:26:49 am »

Seasons greetings and happy new year guys!

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2008, 06:57:14 am »

People who celebrate Christmas because of Christ should really celebrate in march, because that's when the new year was for the culture. At least, I think it was, because I read it somewhere, or something.

Meh. There's always Saturnalia.

Happy Saturnalia, everyone. It's just the morning of Christmas eve for me...So it's 16 hours and 5 minutes till Christmas over in eastern Canada..

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2008, 09:38:52 am »

Behold! The Christmas dance! Featuring: Urist Mcdancey & Azstrog Ormongebzo.  :D

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2008, 09:45:00 am »

Marry Christmas. If you find offense to that, please take some cookies. This ain't about religion. This is the one part of the year where we wish merryment on very other person on the planet with no restrictions. Do you REALLY want to take that away?

If so, you are even more of a scrooge than rich bastards. Their sucking of fun is only a byproduct of their greed. Yours would be the point.

Even so, merry Christmas.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ACE91

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SECTOR91 Productions
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2008, 09:58:26 am »

Marry Christmas. If you find offense to that, please take some cookies. This ain't about religion. This is the one part of the year where we wish merryment on very other person on the planet with no restrictions. Do you REALLY want to take that away?

If so, you are even more of a scrooge than rich bastards. Their sucking of fun is only a byproduct of their greed. Yours would be the point.

Even so, merry Christmas.
Right on. Screw political correctness; it's been called Christmas here for centuries, and it's become as much a cultural holiday as a religious one (I'm a Christian myself, but I acknowledge that nobody really knows the date of Christ's birth; what we call Christmas was mostly copied from ancient pagan celebrations.)
ACE91, Programmer cancels Strange Mood: Went insane.
because there's only one reality.
Says who?

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2008, 12:22:57 pm »

It's 17:21 Christmas Eve here, and we celebrate on Christmas Eve, so merry Christmas.

Technically, everybody celebrates at six o' clock and eats dinner, although we're usually late with it. And by "usually" I mean "every single time I can remember".
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2008, 12:34:36 pm »

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Go do Christmasy things! Or, you know, other winter festivals.
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2008, 12:44:51 pm »

Merry Christmas eve (24th here) from an atheist!
It ain't about religion, it's about PRESENTS!  ;D [/troll]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6