Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Seven Cities of Glass - Community fortress - Map Available  (Read 4214 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: Seven Cities of Glass - Community fortress - Map Available
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2009, 11:36:40 am »

If it's a competition, you could have just arrived and said, "SCREW YOU ALL, go dig your own bloody fortress. You brought you own stuff."

FUCKFUCK THE MOTHERFUCKING FUCKING FUCK-FUCK OF FUCKS!
That was funny. Do it more.

On the note of my actual fortress, I wish to have a grand staircase leading from the surface to the bottom of the world, around which I can base my operations. The Staircase is a 3x3 room, with the four corners plus the middle tile all being up/down staircases. (Except the surface and bottom levels, which will be down OR up staircases, respectively)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 11:41:11 am by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2009, 04:39:37 pm »

-13th Granite, 201

Well, we've been working hard. Some of the dwarves have been complaining that my plans are too GRANDIOSE. Hah. I'm merely preparing for situations that are certain to happen. Like tree invasions.

-19th Granite, 201

Time sure runs by! I told Shoruke to stop digging and set up a carpenter's workshop. Once we all have beds, we can see about this actual competition and start all those little fortresses.

-28th Granite, 201

We've got some lodgings. Now to throw those other dwarves out to the trees...

-8th Slate, 201

Sodel's a dear, but I must confess those corpses she's been bringing me and mewing ecstatically about are stinking this place up. But there are more important things to do than clean up right now.

-17th Slate, 201

Fuzzy Cuddly Bear is now completely isolated. Well, not quite. He still has his two war dogs...

And the trees. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA‼
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 05:08:17 pm by Boksi »
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2009, 06:12:45 pm »

Pictures would be nice also what do you mean Fuzzy Cuddly Bear is now completely isolated?
Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2009, 06:26:43 pm »

That reminds me.  I want a central staircase as well.
Alternate between these two designs on each z-level

Code: [Select]
>>>
>+<
<<<

<<<
<+>
>>>
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2009, 06:28:27 pm »

I'll build a wall there eventually.

-18th Slate, 201

LegoLord is next.

None of you will escape.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2009, 06:29:55 pm »

WOOHOO!! I'm #2!!! . . . oh.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2009, 08:40:53 pm »

Wonder what number I am in line? And don't forget to leave me my stuff, I want it you know!

And my staircase looks like this.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 11:16:02 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2009, 12:23:49 am »

WOOHOO!! I'm #2!!! . . . oh.

well I was number 1 so ha  :)
Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2009, 07:32:57 pm »

-23rd Slate, 201

FCB is doing fine and digging himself a little home. How do I know this you ask? Why, I simply went over to his hole in the ground and shouted "HEY FUZZY, YOU STILL ALIVE?".

-26th Slate, 201

Time to send another dwarf out! We've dumped all of LegoLord's belongings into a hole, now he can dig some stairs into it! We're not helping him. HAH!

-1st Felsite, 201

Gah! I forgot to give him his going-away bed! Can't have him sleeping on the cold rocks, now can we?

Hmmmm...

Nah. Maybe he won't be such a good diversion of the trees' ire if he doesn't have at least a wooden bed...

-4th Felsite, 201

That's two dwarves away. Next up is... Ah yes, Shoruke. I've designated his possessions, now all I need to do is get someone to haul his bed. But first, sleep.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2009, 11:11:16 am »

MUHUHAHAHAA!!!  Now the others won't possibly be able look at my plans over my shoulder!  Let alone guess at what they are . . . (pump-powered magma cannon, Boksi)
Just so I remember

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2009, 01:19:24 pm »

Im_Sparks

• Bay Watcher
  • Half man. Half machine. All messiah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2009, 05:36:21 pm »

What is this, a fort? SIGN ME UP!

I would like to participate, please.
Well treat me like the disease like the rats and the fleas, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Well treat me like the sea oh so salty and mean, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Let's shake hands if you want but soon both hands are gone, A-ha-ha!
Cut me down like a tree like the lumber or weeds, well discard who you please like the leaves off a tree. Drag me out of the sea and then teach me to breath. Give me forced health till I wish death on myself. Ah! Ha! Ha!
March on! March on! March on! March on! MARCH ON!

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2009, 05:50:49 pm »

Im_Sparks, I can get you an immigrant, but not a fortress. Just state your preferences, if any. Also, I suggest you order your dwarves to do something. Like, say, build a bunch of workshops or dig out storage space or something.

-7th Felsite, 201

Oh, I just realized something diary! You must be so confused about how I'm constantly babbling about the trees, right? It's obvious if you think about it. A tree's biggest danger is dwarves. Obviously, they would move to eliminate this threat. Simple, no? And sometime, when you're just walking by and there's nobody else in sight and you're just enjoying the smell of freshly-massacred goblins, suddenly, something grabs your ankle and drags you along the ground and suddenly you realize that it's a root and it's dragging you into the tree and there it slowly squeezes you until you die and oh god the trees are coming they're going to get me they're going to get me and squeeze the life out of me but i wont let them ill kill them ill chop them il kil them all nd tose evles to! KILL TREES! KILL TREES! KILL TREES! KILL TREES! KILL TREES! KILL TREES! KILL TREES! I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU ALL! NONE SHALL ESCAPE MY FURY, MY AXE AND MY G

-15th Felsite, 201

And then there were four. Shoruke Highspear, let us see how you do against the trees of the wild...

NOW! I believe it is time for Robin to move.

-21st Felsite, 201

That was quick. I'll probably be done before the summer is over! And then I can... Build a depot for traders?! WHAT THE FUCK?! HOW DID I MISS THAT SECTION OF THE PAMPHLET?

Great, more responsibilites for me. Less time for designing the MEOW machine. Those fools, giving the trees more time, but if I don't I'll be evicted and somebody else installed instead...

-1st Hematite

It's officially summer now. I decided to make a map to track the tree infestation of this place. And the other dwarves, too, of course. Here it is, in all it's glory:

http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-4300-dragoncities

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2009, 07:11:12 pm »

Im_Sparks, you are welcome to my fort!  Why you ask?  Because of your avatar.  A guy like that would be a horrible choice for a lackey for an Evil Emperor!

Wait . . .
Just so I remember

Im_Sparks

• Bay Watcher
  • Half man. Half machine. All messiah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2009, 08:26:33 pm »

Im_Sparks, you are welcome to my fort!  Why you ask?  Because of your avatar.  A guy like that would be a horrible choice for a lackey for an Evil Emperor!

Wait . . .
Huzzah! Social acceptance 8D

Do I get to play, or what? >_>

Also, I'd like to play as a fisherdwarf named "sparks".
Well treat me like the disease like the rats and the fleas, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Well treat me like the sea oh so salty and mean, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Let's shake hands if you want but soon both hands are gone, A-ha-ha!
Cut me down like a tree like the lumber or weeds, well discard who you please like the leaves off a tree. Drag me out of the sea and then teach me to breath. Give me forced health till I wish death on myself. Ah! Ha! Ha!
March on! March on! March on! March on! MARCH ON!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5