Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 102

Author Topic: DoomRL 0.9.9.6 out, GRAPHIC TILES  (Read 158861 times)

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DoomRL
« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2008, 03:22:12 pm »

I am just wondering but how do you save yourself?
Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2008, 03:44:57 pm »

Beats me, I don't know a whole lot about this game, but I'm guessing that if you have below 30% health and use a med-kit.   ???

Does somebody know?  I did use alot of med-kits, maybe I'll check the DoomRL Wiki.

Skynet 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • Rogue AI
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2008, 04:04:22 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 04:07:55 pm by Skynet 2.0 »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2008, 05:22:05 pm »

I thought saving one's self had to do with actually saving the game, but thinking back I realize that's not quite right.

I was actually quite surprised just how dangerous I got with that Angel of Marksmanship (anyone else here named one Roland yet?).  I could kill a hell knight in 7-8 shots, and I could fire those off before he could even think about throwing an acid ball at me.  But that didn't keep me from running out of ammo...  I really should have packed more.

By the way, does anyone know if Triggerhappy affects double shotguns?  That'd be cool.  You'd effectively double your shots.

Also, word of advice:  Rocket launchers are for special use only.  Don't stock up on rockets thinking you're gonna "switch over".  That really buggered me up on those maze levels.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2008, 05:52:13 pm »

Wait, I did save the game each time I went down a floor and I went down five floors.  I think that's it.

1-2-3-4-5-6

5 -'s

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2008, 06:39:39 pm »

You can save by standing on top of the stairs down and pressing "S".

I love the chaingun and a modded pistol, anyone else?

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2008, 06:41:35 pm »

Yes, the chaingun is definitely my favorite weapon. I've always liked chainguns, but shotguns do have a certain attitude about them.

I've been playing only on hard, but I'm starting to play medium so I can get to level ten and unlock the challenge mode.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2008, 06:44:04 pm »

Yes, the chaingun is definitely my favorite weapon. I've always liked chainguns, but shotguns do have a certain attitude about them.

I've been playing only on hard, but I'm starting to play medium so I can get to level ten and unlock the challenge mode.

You haven't yet?

For me the game is rather easy, until I run into a Baron.
And shotgun has nothing on the combat shotgun.

Skynet 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • Rogue AI
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2008, 06:48:12 pm »

I normally use the Chaingun, with the Plasma Rifle in my off-hand for tougher enemies. Three ranks of SoaB automatically adds 3 points of damage per hit, which adds up to +15 for the chaingun, and +24 for the plasma rifle, per round. Added in the damage mod I normally use, and the Triggerhappy trait, and I can take out an Arch-Vile in a few turns.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 06:51:20 pm by Skynet 2.0 »

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2008, 07:33:49 pm »

every time you load up one of your saves it changes the level. hehehe I once had 2 barons of hell waiting for me just in my range but I saved and reloaded and they were gone  ;D
Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2008, 07:37:18 pm »

Isn't that cheating?  Your abusing the RNG!!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2008, 07:40:51 pm »

Chainguns do seem to be the more logical choice, as they tend towards skills that help out with plasma guns later on.  But ammo is still a concern, so try to make every shot count.  That's kinda the thing with shotguns, even if they don't do much damage, they'll always hit.

Meh.  Gonna run my latest shotty-shooter as far as he can go, then try my luck with another chainbanger.

Since I'm here, has anyone got Doom 3?  If so, you might want to try DungeonDoom.  It turns Doom 3 into a roguelike, in case you felt like playing in 3D for a while.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2008, 07:42:03 pm »

My latest run:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2008, 07:59:28 pm »

Ah, the Wall...  I just broke through for my first time a few moments ago.  Nifty stuff, very stylish level.

It's actually more stylish if you don't have any way of getting through, and just sit around looking at this bloodied wall that's standing there ominously.

That's a good place for a chaingunner, actually.  One of the rewards for clearing it is unique to that location, and it can really help out for long hauls in regards to ammo.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 25, 2008, 07:31:36 am »

One of the better guns against single targets, even once you get all kinds of more "advanced" stuff, is the humble Double Shotgun. It unloads a lot of damage very quickly and very reliably. 'Course, this presumes the foe is already right on top of you...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 102