Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 102

Author Topic: DoomRL 0.9.9.6 out, GRAPHIC TILES  (Read 158833 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DoomRL: Hell just froze over
« Reply #1440 on: September 09, 2011, 11:05:16 am »

Angel of marksmanship gets pretty ridiculous with a storm bolter, especially when you have sharpshooter. 6 12 damage shots at anything that isn't a revenant, arachnotron or such goes down quite easy. Until you run out of ammo...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: September 09, 2011, 11:07:19 am »

Similar problem to people going for Bullet Dance. There isn't any real way of maintaining that firerate in a weapon with such small clips. Dual blasters would be a blast though.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: September 09, 2011, 04:26:32 pm »

When is v1.0 coming? I want Derek Yu tiles!!!

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: September 09, 2011, 04:59:34 pm »

It's been a long time there have been no mention of it, i hope we'll see it this year.

The biggest change i noticed in 0.9.9.4 is the monster AI, previously the monster AI was attracted to the center of the map, they were all progressively going from where they spawned to the center.
This made some maps easy, as you could try on them to simply avoid the center to avoid getting in fights.

Not anymore, monsters are no more attracted to the map center. i have been rather surprised in my few first games to find them in location they weren't anymore after several turns passed in previous version.

I can't even imagine trying the pacifist challenge now (especially if you're not using the scout class), it was really very hard before, but now if you can't get around the monsters like previously by running on the edge of the map, it will be horrible :D

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: September 09, 2011, 05:02:03 pm »

edit :
http://forum.chaosforge.org/index.php/topic,4659.0.html

Quote from: the main DoomRL dev
However, the ETA for the tiles version is like 4 months, so don't be surprised ;).

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: September 09, 2011, 05:02:14 pm »

I can't even imagine trying the pacifist challenge now (especially if you're not using the scout class), it was really very hard before, but now if you can't get around the monsters like previously by running on the edge of the map, it will be horrible :D
Scout class can't see the stairs on some challenge modes. Like Pacifism. At least they have easy intuition.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: September 09, 2011, 05:03:37 pm »

Ouch, at least i hope intuition is easier to get for them.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: September 09, 2011, 05:17:10 pm »

Well, scouts move faster and can intuition 2 by level 2, then get hellrunner pretty fast as well, then get Dodgemaster. So it would seem that scouts are the best choice for Pacifist runs still.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: September 09, 2011, 07:58:53 pm »

Only Engineer lacks anything that really helps with some of the trickier modes. He is also quite difficult to keep alive in the early game if you are going for Scavenger. I'm still trying to make that build work. There is a lot of potential there, but you just have nothing to work with if you go straight for it. Eagle Eye doesn't seem to up the damage rate of chainguns enough to keep up with shotguns, so you effectively get nothing until you either run into a ton of mods you can use because of early Whizkid or finally get that master trait.

Melee characters are a bit more odd now too. Soldier gets the usual power play build that fucks shit up, Scout gets the quick build that deals a bit better at melee range but doesn't hold up as solidly and Engineer gets a really weird thing I'm not entirely sure about yet. And apparently resistances were changed so I don't know if Berserk gives such an absurdly high defense to pretty much everything anymore.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: September 10, 2011, 04:01:51 am »

I gave a try to pacifist challenge, and indeed intuition 2 as early as possible is a must have now, with the new AI not being attracted to the map center, it is hell, i can't imagine going without intuition 2 unless you have a gigantic amount of luck.

fred1248

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: September 12, 2011, 07:52:47 am »

I'm dying to play this on my Windows 7, but the floor tile shows up as some wierd chinese letters :/
I searched some videos in youtube and found out those chinese shits are supposed to be middle dots.
anybody know how to fix that up?
How do you deliberately crutch a dwarf who seems to have no urge to go to the hospital and be diagnosed with "walklessness?"
Break his other leg.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: September 12, 2011, 08:25:10 am »

I really don't like the addition of the classes. It just feels so different... It's strange to get what I concider the best trait in the game at the start when playing as a marine. And the colour change of barons and demons just fucks with my head.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 08:27:46 am by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: September 12, 2011, 01:06:34 pm »

I'm dying to play this on my Windows 7, but the floor tile shows up as some wierd chinese letters :/
I searched some videos in youtube and found out those chinese shits are supposed to be middle dots.
Did you ask on the official forums?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: September 12, 2011, 01:28:30 pm »

Try using the .bat file. I think that is supposed to load the right letters.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

BoomClap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: September 12, 2011, 09:15:47 pm »

Try using the .bat file. I think that is supposed to load the right letters.

didn't work. and I have no idea where to post this on the official forum
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 102