Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 102

Author Topic: DoomRL 0.9.9.6 out, GRAPHIC TILES  (Read 158918 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: DoomRL: Hell just froze over
« Reply #1365 on: March 28, 2011, 04:32:41 pm »

When making assemblies like the high powered weapon either clip size or power can be buffed depending on the order of mods added. Which order gets which result?
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: March 28, 2011, 04:43:44 pm »

When making assemblies like the high powered weapon either clip size or power can be buffed depending on the order of mods added. Which order gets which result?

The resulting HP Weapon is based on the weapon as it was after the first mod but before applying the second mod.  I.E., if the first mod you put on was the Power mod, the HP will be more powerful with a half-original clip; if the Bulk mod was the first one put on, HP will be less powerful (that is to say, not-as-more since it's still better) with a not-as-smaller clip (since the Bulked clip is halved).
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 04:45:32 pm by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: March 28, 2011, 04:47:59 pm »

Alright, thanks.

Not as cruddy of a clip doesn't matter too much when you have infinite ammo anyway.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

Dorten

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: March 30, 2011, 02:26:39 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My best try on AoS. I hate arachno caves...
Cacodemon 2nd Leutenant
medals: 8/40
specials: 30/44
badges: 13:8:3:0:0

Grishnak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: March 30, 2011, 07:16:51 am »

My best game period, felt pretty invulnerable until I walked into this group of 2 Revenants and an Arch Vile and died in one turn from full health. Plasma Rife + Ammo Chain = winnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. The long playtime is because I was doing something else while the game was running, and I REALLY take my time, cause I suck at this game at the moment.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm a saint when it comes to pirating.  I've ripped and burned many a .iso, went .rar at my maties and sailed the .7z's.
Blog for my new roguelike Lost Horizon. <- kind of on hold
My SoundCloud
My Youtube Channel

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: March 30, 2011, 07:54:51 am »

I would be tempted to point out that Ammochain is balanced in a sort of way because you can't take the defensive traits to help you survive stuff like that, but I would be a lying liar for several reason. The least reason is saying Ammochain is balanced. The largest is that you would survive that in any situation other than invulnerable. Even at 200% with red armor you can be instakilled right the fuck out of nowhere. It's a lot rarer than other roguelikes and is a random thing instead of something programmed in, but it's annoying.

I still hate shotguns as a main too. Marksman run? Melee run? Heck, even a HMP run were not too problematic, but a hundred shotgunnery runs has yet to gain me a victory. I think I should just run near the end, no sense in dealing with that later crap.
 Double shotgun still sucks.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: March 30, 2011, 07:58:25 am »

Double shotgun still sucks.
Only if you're trying to hit from over 5 squares. It can be a good gun if you're surrounded.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: March 30, 2011, 09:43:37 am »

If you are within five squares of an enemy then they have a good chance of shooting back. I only use them for corner tricks, and even then I only use the combat shotty because the others take too long to reload and allow the foes to get close enough to get off a shot.

There are only two situations for being surrounded: You just entered a level, or you fucked up. Entering a level has enough of a grace period to either kill off what you need to or run to a door.

I'll admit the shotgun has tactical uses but I don't consider it a weapon. It's a tool for dealing with specific situations, like the rocket launcher.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: March 30, 2011, 09:56:11 am »

AoS is easy. It's the only challenge I've actually bothered to do since the new version came out. There must be something fundamentally different between our playing styles.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 09:58:55 am by 3 »

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: March 30, 2011, 10:52:08 am »

If you are within five squares of an enemy then they have a good chance of shooting back. I only use them for corner tricks, and even then I only use the combat shotty because the others take too long to reload and allow the foes to get close enough to get off a shot.

There are only two situations for being surrounded: You just entered a level, or you fucked up. Entering a level has enough of a grace period to either kill off what you need to or run to a door.

I'll admit the shotgun has tactical uses but I don't consider it a weapon. It's a tool for dealing with specific situations, like the rocket launcher.
I only use shotguns. When you get used to them, you become nearly unstoppable.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: March 30, 2011, 01:16:31 pm »

Sign of a good game. Two people can have opposite views on the practicality of an approach and both be successful.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: March 30, 2011, 02:44:05 pm »

I didn't have trouble with my AoS at all after finding the Jackhammer.  Nice, nice Jackhammer.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: March 30, 2011, 08:52:17 pm »

Yay first try I got to lvl 3, but I died because I didn't take cover when the human sergeants ran in.

Spoiler:  Private Adwarf (click to show/hide)

Edit:

My second try was AWESOME

Spoiler: Adwarf II (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 11:06:27 pm by adwarf »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: March 30, 2011, 09:46:47 pm »

Put the mortems in code tags! They look ugly outside of it.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: March 30, 2011, 11:07:27 pm »

Put the mortems in code tags! They look ugly outside of it.

Thanks they look better now  :D. Let me state I play on the easiest difficulty.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 102