Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 102

Author Topic: DoomRL 0.9.9.6 out, GRAPHIC TILES  (Read 159247 times)

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
Re: DoomRL
« Reply #675 on: December 02, 2009, 05:37:08 am »

Killed by arachnotron gangrape, two spider cave levels in a row on ultra-violent with no healing items on both levels, how the heck was I going to survive that? I didn't even get a chance to switch to my BFG on the second one. :(

Still, I didn't mind too much since this was the only run that I actually cleared The Wall on a difficulty higher than HNTR. You'd think I'd get a badge for that, but nope.

Also, NO UNIQUES. Goddamnit.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: December 03, 2009, 07:48:24 pm »

The spiders lair, the special level, not the regular one. It's super easy.  Trust me.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #677 on: December 06, 2009, 08:02:02 pm »

Man, I suck compared to everyone else. But tonight I did surprisingly well, despite my supposed lack of skills. I guess next time I go through the Chain Court, don't mow everyone down with a chainsaw, despite how well armed and armored you are. Had I not done that, I probably would've lasted a couple more levels, or not die so cheaply.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: December 06, 2009, 08:08:17 pm »

Wait, why wouldn't you just mow down everything in the chained court with a chainsaw? It's free EXP.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #679 on: December 06, 2009, 08:11:53 pm »

Well, they were former humans for one, and many of them while at that. and second, with enough concentrated firepower, it almost renders the armor carried as well ass the chainsaw itself rather useless.

I feel more secure wielding a combat shotgun.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: December 06, 2009, 08:21:17 pm »

Ah, you should have taken your armor off before trying the chained court. The humans there can hardly scratch you, and there are 4 berserk packs to heal you if you need them, but armor gets shredded.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: December 06, 2009, 08:21:26 pm »

Well, they were former humans for one, and many of them while at that. and second, with enough concentrated firepower, it almost renders the armor carried as well ass the chainsaw itself rather useless.

I feel more secure wielding a combat shotgun.
Thing is though, former humans are both inaccurate and weak. Try to zig-zag towards them and the chainsaw should work.
 Also, I discovered there are two agility packs in the Chained Court. Hurah, my minigun builds shall be even easier now.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: December 06, 2009, 08:22:17 pm »

The Court is extremely easy on the lower difficulty settings, trust me. It only becomes a threat later on (former sergeants = ouch).

Take off your armour. Grab the chainsaw if you can be bothered, otherwise leave it alone and get a berserk pack. Run to one side. Kill the former humans in the large room - don't bother with the small room yet. Once you've got most of them on the one side, head back to the centre, get another pack, and repeat with the other side. Now get a third pack if your health is low (it really shouldn't be) and clear out the small rooms with the stairs in them. Get a final pack to refill your health before continuing. Peice of cake as long as you don't try to get at the hidden cacodemons.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #683 on: December 06, 2009, 09:14:57 pm »

In my case, I chainsawed everyone; lost most of my blue armor; and decided to use my rockets to find both mod packs (2 shots used, and I found them first time). And I decided to see what was lurking inside the tiny rooms. It turned out to be plasma cores and Hell Knights.

Considering the noises being heard. I figured to take on that approach anyway.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: December 06, 2009, 09:20:34 pm »

The way I usually tackle the court on a normal game is bring along two stacks of rockets from the arena and a rocket launcher. Do as stated 3 so everything is dead, only I use one berserk pack for healing. Once all that is done I go to the lava hall and launch a rocket down it to open a hole. I approach the hole from the side with the floor ans shoot over the lava at the inhabitants.

Nowadays it's Hall Knights. Still decent enough of a fight that I have to use a second berserk pack. Once all that is done, get the agility packs and refill any ammo I need.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: December 06, 2009, 09:25:11 pm »

I bust the wall down so I can walk the cornerways and avoid the lava.  THEN I shoot the Hell Knights.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: December 06, 2009, 09:28:31 pm »

I never have any interest in actually entering the room, so I just shoot across the lava to avoid blowing up the berserk packs.

Do note the packs stack.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #687 on: December 06, 2009, 09:30:09 pm »

Simple rocket, if I don't see anything, inch forward with a combat shotty, and the right modifiers, and *blam*blam*blam*. No more knight. At most 2 shots fly by me. No lava.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: December 06, 2009, 09:46:52 pm »

I just continually WARM-UP my chaingun until I hit one of them, get their attention, and then it's just DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA at the biotches.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: December 06, 2009, 09:53:31 pm »

What, you guys don't walk over the lava to the cacos?

WHAATTTT
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 102