Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 102

Author Topic: DoomRL 0.9.9.6 out, GRAPHIC TILES  (Read 159140 times)

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
Re: DoomRL
« Reply #390 on: November 06, 2009, 06:14:24 pm »

There's nothing wrong with green armor.  Dodging is a wonderful strategy, and it's often easier to do armorless.
Gun Kata gives you some ridiculous dodging, right?

The minigun is REAL!
MAN PORTABLE
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 06:23:52 pm by zchris13 »
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 06, 2009, 06:31:23 pm »

Gun Kata doesn't give you dodging, but Dodgemaster lets you dodge the first attack after every sidestep. What Gun Kata does, is it gives you an instant attack with pistols after every dodge, and gives you an instant full reload to both pistols that you carry.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 06, 2009, 06:39:16 pm »

Instant... full... reload... how? What does this do?  Just, no "oh no time to reload" anymore?!?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 06, 2009, 06:48:46 pm »

Every time you kill a mob, your guns automatically reload, and it takes no time. Ah, I see I forgot to mention that it was when you kill a mob. Its actually extremely nice, since you pretty much don't need to worry about reloading anymore.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 06, 2009, 06:49:50 pm »

MOB?

▼edit: OH. Thx, toonyman. COME WATCH ME PLAY CHIPS CHALLENGE
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 07:00:24 pm by zchris13 »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 06, 2009, 06:53:19 pm »

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 06, 2009, 07:45:49 pm »

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 06, 2009, 09:29:51 pm »

Gun Kata doesn't give you dodging, but Dodgemaster lets you dodge the first attack after every sidestep. What Gun Kata does, is it gives you an instant attack with pistols after every dodge, and gives you an instant full reload to both pistols that you carry.

Note that, as far as I can tell, Dodgemaster's bonus is actually on ALL attacks for a certain length of time after you move.  Hard to quantify, but I was in one of those cavernous levels with five arachnotrons, each about 5-10 squares away from me, and none of them hit me.  At all.  Probably thanks to my phaseshift boots among other things.

If nothing else, it at least definitely applies to all shots of a burst-fire attack.  So arachnotrons and the nastier humans don't get some extra bonus there.

Doesn't gun kata also give you an almost-free attack after dodging?  Seems like against one arachnotron, you would want to use that to circlestrafe and take potshots...
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 06, 2009, 10:01:09 pm »

Gun Kata

Requires: Dualgunner(1), Dodgemaster(1)

Blocks: Tough as Nails, Son of a Bitch, Brute

Effect: After each successful dodge, you shoot your pistols in almost no time. When you kill an enemy, your pistols reload.

Now, that first part of the effect seems to mean one of two things. The most likely is that you can fire your guns the turn after dodging in almost no time, and the other is that when you dodge, your guns get fired. I can't see that second being true, since it would be almost ungodly overpowered at that point, but even if its just the first, its still incredibly useful.

And yes, Dodgemaster seems to apply to at least the first enemy that attacks you, regardless of the number of attacks, unless it is an autohit attack to begin with, like Revenants and Archviles. I've often dodged 5+ Arachnotrons and Former Commandos without taking a hit, but part of that is probably just the innate +20% dodge + whatever sidestepping normally gives you. Tack on running on top of that and you almost never get hit to begin with.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 06, 2009, 10:07:30 pm »

This is what I picture.

*10 guys with chainguns*
DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA
*FLIP SPRINT FLIP*
*POWPOW*
*woosh*
*BAN-BOOOOOOOOM!!!* (barrel)

Then you clean up the stragglers.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: November 06, 2009, 10:41:18 pm »

Woo!  My first time into the Mortuary, and on Angel of Haste no less.  I was one perk away from Cateye, working on a chaingun build, when I found the railgun...  And boy, railgun + modded chaingun + BFG + Intuition 2 really cleans the mortuary up good.

This game.  is.  awesome.  I only wish I could get the railgun more often but it's supposedly the single rarest unique in the game.  It's wonderful for dealing with arachnotrons because it actually doesn't blow up the ammo they drop...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Demon Sergeant Major, 12/3/1/0/0.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 10:53:26 pm by Sowelu »
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 06, 2009, 10:49:48 pm »

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU----

Oh look, a small medkit. I pick it up, my invulnerability runs out, and I get swarmed by commando's with their chainguns and go from 94% health and 80% 4/4 red armor to -2% in ONE ROUND. I HAD 13 LARGE MEDKITS FFS!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 11:25:00 pm by Blaze »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 06, 2009, 10:51:42 pm »

I ran out of ammo for everything on the right side of that map.

I had to beat up a baron with my bare fists, destroyed red armor and a ton of health kits.

The BFG doesn't seem worth it.

Edit: In that specific instance of running out of ammo and health kits.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 07, 2009, 12:34:51 am »

Silly peoples, you can't throw chainsaws!

I HAVE 1700 pistol ammo.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 12:38:09 am by zchris13 »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 07, 2009, 05:06:49 am »

I wonder if "Army of the Dead" is somehow a reference to Army of Darkness...

By the way, about Fireangel...  If that makes you immune to blast damage, then...  Doesn't that make you immune to cacodemons and their ilk?  Or does the missile itself count as something other than the explosion?

And does it affect barrels?  If so, then...  Muahahaha...
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 102