Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 102

Author Topic: DoomRL 0.9.9.6 out, GRAPHIC TILES  (Read 159024 times)

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DoomRL
« Reply #285 on: October 25, 2009, 03:45:12 am »

I found two thermonuclear bombs. In Phobos Hell level 3. As an Angel of Marksmanship.

I made the mistake of dual-reloading when an Archvile could see me.

FFFFFFF
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 25, 2009, 05:39:47 pm »

No Gun Kata?

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 25, 2009, 08:38:01 pm »

Hadn't found the Grammaton Beretta. Ergo, Pistol with Bulk and Pistol with Technical. Served me well until I got to guys with rocket-launchers. I wasn't willing to test my luck in the special levels.
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 25, 2009, 08:46:31 pm »

Took me this long to realise this was updated... And with GUN KATA and GRAMMATON BERRETA?!

Fuuccckkk... That's like, my favorite movie even. I NEED to get back to this.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 25, 2009, 09:46:02 pm »

I always die before I can get Gun Kata. I'm bad at this game, I guess.

Also, the only time I found the GCB, the Blaster, and the Trigun, in the same game, I was playing Angel of Shotgunnery.
!!&!!

Skibiliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 26, 2009, 10:21:03 am »

I just had the fastest death from 100% health.
I walk into a room (at level 14)
I had my BFG armed and ready.
4 plasma shells appear from nowhere,
First three hit, I dodge the last one and it hits an explosive barrel behind me.
Death.
At the details it showed that I was killed by a Commando... I didn't even see him. To think that I used my shotgun to kill two hell knights and 3 imps in row just moments ago...
GENERATION 10:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 27, 2009, 11:48:01 am »

I don't know. Ammochain + BFG10k + Chainfire = Total level disintegration.

Also, the melee blademaster master trait blocks off the very nice Tough as Nails trait, and Vampyre blocks off Hellrunner. Seems like you are forced to go for either speed or power in melee runs.

Edit: Wow, Gun Kata is amazing against single foes. Even against groups, once you get the weapons up to top speed you are almost untouchable.

2nd Edit: If your using Gun Kata, and you find a blaster, wield it in your off hand. You don't reload your normal pistol if the blaster is in your main hand.

3rd Edit: Marksmenship run. Found a missile launcher, blaster, and Revenants launcher. I love the RNG.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 01:21:59 pm by beorn080 »
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 27, 2009, 01:22:55 pm »

I like ammo chain with a plasma rifle with two agility mods on it. Also, did anyone know you could throw knives?

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 27, 2009, 03:18:34 pm »

Also, if you manage to find the Trigun and the Gammatron Cleric Beretta in the same game, always keep the Trigun in your off hand. The only way to reload both is to reload one, and swap to the other and reload that one.

I say keep the Trigun in your off hand, on the off chance you accidentally attempt to duel reload, and accidentally nuke yourself.
!!&!!

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 27, 2009, 04:37:01 pm »

So, I'm playing an angel of Shotgunnery, and I locate a Firestorm mod pack. Nice mod, +2 to burst fire from multishot weapons, or +2 explosion size for explosives. Not expecting it to work, I drop it on a double shotgun I just found, and get a (8d3)x5 double shotgun, normal is x3. I think I just found my new favorite weapon, even over Revenant Launcher.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 27, 2009, 05:02:46 pm »

I hate it when the monsters shoot you before you see them. Then can be really annoying with Former Sargent (Shotgun zombies) knocking you back as soon as you get into range. What's worse is that this always happens I'm doing Marksmen.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #296 on: October 27, 2009, 07:15:39 pm »

I hate it when the monsters shoot you before you see them. Then can be really annoying with Former Sargent (Shotgun zombies) knocking you back as soon as you get into range. What's worse is that this always happens I'm doing Marksmen.
A reason I hate cacodemons as well.

They're not much a challenge in 3d doom, but roguelike, they just suck.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 29, 2009, 07:29:27 am »

If anyone here is still playing this, I highly reccomend getting the music from http://www.sirgalahad.org/paul/doom/ and activating it. It sounds AWESOME. Now just for me to make a sound mod for this with better sounds and all will be well.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 29, 2009, 08:45:28 pm »

Ohh I like them. 

I think they are kinda lucky too, managed to get down to lv 15 with shottyman and badass before bad luck finally struck, while I was testing to be sure they all worked.

I finally got hit by every single shot of a former commando's rifle, except one, that hit the napalm barrel I was trying to move away from instead. 50 health to -2 in one turn.

"The former commando fires! Boom! Boom! You dodge! Boom! Boom! The barrel
 explodes! Your red armor is completely destroyed! Boom! Boom!"

Ouch.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 08:51:15 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 29, 2009, 09:30:22 pm »

Does anyone know if I need to do anything special to mod the sound effects? I've been trying to make a Doom 3 sound set and it just... Crashes.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 102