Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 102

Author Topic: DoomRL 0.9.9.6 out, GRAPHIC TILES  (Read 158965 times)

Skynet 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • Rogue AI
    • View Profile
Re: DoomRL
« Reply #210 on: February 09, 2009, 10:23:08 am »

Spoiler: Mortem (click to show/hide)

This is the furthest I've gotten so far in Nightmare! difficulty. I finally died when I was ambushed by a large group of demons on the other side of a door. I had actually just pulled a lever that had flooded the room with lava, and was trying to get out. It ended up actually helping me out somewhat, because I could just stand a few steps out into the lava, and the demons would die trying to get to me. I used up a lot of my med-packs, but the demons all eventually died. I would have made it, but, when I was finally leaving the room, I went to use a med-pack, and accidentally selected armor instead, and died in the middle of putting it on.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 09, 2009, 02:38:11 pm »

Dying from selecting the wrong item in your inventory is definitely a YASD.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 12, 2009, 08:42:43 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Easy Run.  Melee fighting style.  I defeated the wall with a CHAINSAW!!  (except for using a rocket launcher to break through.)

I died on my first Arch-Vile.  :(  Well, was about to so I nuked myself instead.

Skynet 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • Rogue AI
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 16, 2009, 02:49:14 am »

What was the highest difficulty that you have won a game on? Mine was on Hey, Not Too Rough, although I got to about level 22 on Hurt Me Plenty once. I died, however, when the RNG decided to spawn a group of Mancubi backed with Arch-viles near me, on an Arena level. The HNTR run that I did win was on Angel of Marksmanship, where I had found the Grammaton Cleric Beretta at about level 10. After that, the only real difficulty was keeping my ammo up while using the GCB on full-auto. I had Eagle Eye rank 3, and Son of a Gun rank 3, so I didn't need the accuracy or damage boost from semi-auto mode.

dreiche2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 16, 2009, 07:04:25 am »

well, like I mentioned before, won Hurt Me Plenty once doing the Angel of Light Travel challenge. Tried Ultra-Violence a couple of times, but that's just hopeless, and for the other challenges I stuck with Not Too Rough.

fungee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 26, 2009, 08:22:59 am »

It's a pretty cool game

I haven't had very many good runs but this was one->

I posted this mortem in the official DoomRL forums Post Mortem section: http://forum.chaosforge.org/index.php?topic=1954.0

Spoiler: [M|AoMr|YAVP|95% (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 09:26:46 am by funkytrix »
It's easy being an experimentalist. If you fail try again.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 26, 2009, 08:31:49 am »

Put it in Code.

In addition, you only defeated the Cyberdemon. You still have to defeat John Carmack
!!&!!

fungee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 26, 2009, 09:25:48 am »

Well, it's called the standard victory  :P

I just take casual trips in Hell
It's easy being an experimentalist. If you fail try again.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 26, 2009, 01:33:58 pm »

I havn't played in a while. but I'm sure what you guys are talking about is a
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What the heck though.  Nice run, I have not beat this game yet.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 20, 2009, 08:03:00 pm »

I'm gonna try picking this game up again.

I'll try beating it on easy instead of persistently going for normal difficulty all the time.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 20, 2009, 08:47:58 pm »

I'm gonna try picking this game up again.

I'll try beating it on easy instead of persistently going for normal difficulty all the time.

Yah!  This is probably going to be one of my first rogue-likes I beat.

Glad to see some interest.  I haven't played since February.  >_>

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 20, 2009, 09:39:05 pm »

Indeed. This was the second roguelike I ever beat, the first being Castle of the Winds.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 21, 2009, 01:12:20 am »

Castle of the Winds was my first game, literally. Got it off the Game Empire II shareware pack years ago.

I can't seem to get anywhere on Angel of Berserk. It's seriously hard.

EDIT:

Also, it's too bad that "John Stalvern" and "Cernel Joson" are too long for the name entry part. :-\ I have to settle for "Jon Stalvern" or "Joson".
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 01:14:15 am by Vester »
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 21, 2009, 01:22:03 am »

Yeh, AoB is a major pain...   I got seriously lucky one time and found the Butcher's Cleaver on the second level, just a few feet away from the entrance.

I think I died a couple levels later.

Angel of Marksmanship, on the other hand, is loads of fun.  I got into a bit of a scrape one time when I ran out of bullets in a maze level in hell...   That character died while punching a baron of hell.  He was the farthest I'd gotten.

I think I named at least half of my AoM's Roland...  The other half were all Calebs.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 21, 2009, 01:24:35 am »

Oh man I'm totally naming my next AoM Roland. Can't believe I didn't think of it before.

I think the farthest I've ever gotten was on AoM, in fact, in Level 17. That's Phobos Hell already, right?

I got killed by either a Pain Elemental or an Arachnotron. Dammit.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 102