Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 102

Author Topic: DoomRL 0.9.9.6 out, GRAPHIC TILES  (Read 158927 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DoomRL
« Reply #165 on: January 28, 2009, 08:13:05 pm »

I just started getting into this game, it's really good!

I don't know what's up with "the wall" though, when I got their, it was completely empty. Then when I died, the post-mortem report mentioned that I didn't know what to do.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 28, 2009, 08:15:57 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 28, 2009, 08:46:12 pm »

How did you die at the wall without getting through it. I mean yes it is horrible once your through it, but not impossible.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 28, 2009, 08:47:38 pm »

How did you die at the wall without getting through it. I mean yes it is horrible once your through it, but not impossible.
Presumably he died later on, then saw a message about the wall in the postmortem.

Although overzealousness with the rocket launcher can do that too.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 29, 2009, 03:54:30 am »

Just ALMOST finished a Marksmanship run. Reloaded when I should have medpacked or dropped the nuke, and Cybie hits me twice instead of once for the -1/80 (Damblock:3). He was at one of the superwounded statuses too.

SO MAD RIGHT NOW.

dreiche2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 29, 2009, 07:59:43 am »

I got really lucky in the Marksmanship challenge because I found the blaster early on.

If anyone is planning to try the Angel of Berserk challenge, the tips in this thread

http://forum.chaosforge.org/index.php?topic=1766.0

reduced it for me in difficulty from absolutely impossible to just challenging. I think I also learned the most from this challenge (e.g. gift-dropping, actually using running, etc).

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 29, 2009, 06:44:03 pm »

I have a recurring problem. Sometimes, when I'm playing the game, the game will just spontaneously close for no reason.

This is very frustrating, seeing as how it decides to do this when i'm making good progress.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 29, 2009, 06:55:25 pm »

Looking at your inventory when you have no inventory will crash the game.  Most notably in AoB where you start with no inventory.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 29, 2009, 06:57:48 pm »

Is it safe to try, say, dropping something when you have no inventory?
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 29, 2009, 06:59:10 pm »

Yup, that happened to me, several times. Figured it out pretty fast though.
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 29, 2009, 08:56:58 pm »

Looking at your inventory when you have no inventory will crash the game.  Most notably in AoB where you start with no inventory.

No, that's not it. My inventory definitely had things in it, as I tend to hoard ammo and stuff.

This is my best run so far, I'm pretty proud of it. Made it all the way to floor 20.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 30, 2009, 02:29:16 am »

If you have music, not sound effects but actual music, it crashes when the music loops. Get rid of the music and it should stop crashing.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

dreiche2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 30, 2009, 07:56:50 am »

Confirmed, I had both the music and the empty inventory crashes. Just turn off the music and always carry something around, even if you don't need it.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 30, 2009, 10:08:36 pm »

Trying a Ao100 game and I just picked up a necroarmor. 6 +2 TaN is a lot of protection, but the health draining seems like too big of a problem. Any thoughts?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 30, 2009, 10:22:49 pm »

take a level in badass and whore out the health globes and supercharges?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 102