Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 102

Author Topic: DoomRL 0.9.9.6 out, GRAPHIC TILES  (Read 158914 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: DoomRL: Hell just froze over
« Reply #1350 on: March 11, 2011, 04:42:38 pm »

Have you tried baiting one around a corner? You can get up in their face like that.
Hahah, no that doesn't work.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: March 11, 2011, 11:05:25 pm »

If you use two agility mods on a green armor, it turns into a tactical armor. I currently have a 0.68 s/move movement speed with it and one level of hellrunner.  It gives knockback resistance, and it regenerates.  That is some powerful stuff, man.  I'm loving this combo thing!

Just made a high powered pistol. Wish I hadn't.

When I sprint, I'm faster than lost souls.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 12:14:47 am by zchris13 »
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: March 11, 2011, 11:13:13 pm »

I think the addition of those assemblies really enhanced the game a lot, previously i was avoiding several kind of mods that i had no care with, but with the assemblies, everything can be usefull.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: March 11, 2011, 11:21:02 pm »

Too many of the actually useful ones require the Unique Nano mod though.  There should be some provision to get millage out of Whizkid without having to rely on that.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: March 11, 2011, 11:23:20 pm »

I would be totally okay with three technical packs being able to be combined into a Nano Pack. It would fill in both the lack of a need for technical packs and add an easier way of getting nano packs that have a steep price of taking up three inventory spaces.

Edit: Or even three mods being able to make the rare drop mod packs. Three agility mods for a sniper mod, three power mods for a firestorm pack and three bulks for an onyx pack.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 11:28:41 pm by Duke 2.0 »
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: March 11, 2011, 11:25:21 pm »

I've never even seen a nano pack before.

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: March 11, 2011, 11:39:33 pm »

If you use two agility mods on a green armor, it turns into a tactical armor. I currently have a 0.68 s/move movement speed with it and one level of hellrunner.  It gives knockback resistance, and it regenerates.  That is some powerful stuff, man.  I'm loving this combo thing!

I like playing ninja dual pistol builds, with a fast load pistol, tactical gear, 3 ranks SoG and Hell runner Every action under .50..it's an amazing feeling.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Too many of the actually useful ones require the Unique Nano mod though.  There should be some provision to get millage out of Whizkid without having to rely on that.

Try playing with an Assault rifle, 2d5x2 damage, .8 fire speed, +4 accuracy, it's a seriously nasty weapon, particularly if you don't want to go Ammo chain.

To make it:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: March 11, 2011, 11:40:56 pm »

I've never even seen a nano pack before.
Same. The fact that at least 1/2 of them need the nano pack—which you may never, ever find—is just plain silly.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: March 12, 2011, 12:03:07 am »

Try playing with an Assault rifle, 2d5x2 damage, .8 fire speed, +4 accuracy, it's a seriously nasty weapon, particularly if you don't want to go Ammo chain.

Please.  If I have Whizkid, it's because I'm one level away from Ammochain.  I was mostly thinking there should be more variety of special armors, and more than one shotgun assembly.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: March 12, 2011, 12:06:25 am »

I would be totally okay with three technical packs being able to be combined into a Nano Pack. It would fill in both the lack of a need for technical packs and add an easier way of getting nano packs that have a steep price of taking up three inventory spaces.

Edit: Or even three mods being able to make the rare drop mod packs. Three agility mods for a sniper mod, three power mods for a firestorm pack and three bulks for an onyx pack.
I found personnally a nano pack only once in the hundred of games i had, in the previous version when assemblies didn't existed. I have yet to find any on the current one.

The possibility to create a nano pack with merging a bunch of less rare ones is a good idea, it would allow people that do not play Ao100 to have more chances to see a nano pack.
Could be balanced by the amount of mods required, preventing to create a nano pack too early in the game.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 12:08:08 am by Robsoie »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: March 12, 2011, 12:32:39 am »

This version was the first time I ever saw the Nano mod, in that one standard-win, when I was stupid enough to put it on a BFG.  However, my first attempt at AoMarksmanship, I found (no shit) 6x Agility, 4x Power, 2x Bulk, and a Tech mod, by the middle of the City levels without even seeing the Armory.  I don't know how that happened.

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1361 on: March 12, 2011, 08:43:15 am »

While it's mostly nano mods some other assemblies do need other special mod packs, many of them require wizkid which I rarely get in non-ammochain games, and many aren't very good (eg elephant gun is worse then a double shotgun in most ways (especially a power modded one), chainsword is no longer better than the chainsaw once you have 3 levels of brute (unless running, otherwise you're at max accuracy already) and is worse then a modded one) so I don't really make much use of them. Except the tactical boots, I love the tactical boots. Speedloader pistols are pretty good too.

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: March 12, 2011, 11:26:02 am »

High power plasma rifles with ammochain is ridiculous on angel of max carnage.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: March 19, 2011, 03:20:20 pm »

Spoiler: Ultimate suffering (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 03:22:02 pm by Duke 2.0 »
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: March 19, 2011, 03:21:44 pm »

Put dumplogs in code brackets. :P

Also, nice Angel of Berserk complete.  I can't see that even being possible on anything but medium.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 102