Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Should I updgrade?  (Read 1579 times)

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
Re: Should I updgrade?
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2008, 01:39:38 pm »

OH YEAH we forgot to mention mass-designation!
We did?
Area dumping, area forbidding
Well..  Partially.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2008, 06:20:24 pm »

Yes. Yes we did.
It was only mentioned once, though it's one of the best improvements Toady One the Great has made since z-levels... or when he cured the sleeping sickness.

Sinergistic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2008, 10:59:26 pm »

I honestly Have reverted back to starting forts in old versions and then moving the save to my 40d version folder, if only because 40d smooths cliff faces so they are traversable.  Something to do with the road building if I remeber.

Otherwise 40d seems to beat out 38c in most regards.  I still refuse to train wrestling though due to it gaining skill far too fast.

You can do this? You mean I could gen a world in 38c with the super steep cliffs and then play it 40d? Oh god, if that is true... if that is true, I will be a very, very, VERY happy fortress builder.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2008, 01:13:44 am »

I honestly Have reverted back to starting forts in old versions and then moving the save to my 40d version folder, if only because 40d smooths cliff faces so they are traversable.  Something to do with the road building if I remeber.

Otherwise 40d seems to beat out 38c in most regards.  I still refuse to train wrestling though due to it gaining skill far too fast.

You can do this? You mean I could gen a world in 38c with the super steep cliffs and then play it 40d? Oh god, if that is true... if that is true, I will be a very, very, VERY happy fortress builder.
Congratulations! You are almost a happy fortress builder; all you have to do is move your save file from 38c to 40d.

Juason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2008, 02:20:19 am »

So... my Pop Cap of 40 seems to be ignored :(  I had 42 dwarves and saw an immigration wave raise it to 57.  Is that freaking out again in this version by chance?

At one point there were bugs in it related to the Baby Child Cap.  I have mine set to 10:1000.. ie, don't let anymore than 10 babies exist at one time.  Thanks for any advice :P 
Pages: 1 [2]