Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

After experimenting with the options, how is 40d13? Problems only count if the defaults don't work.

Faster than 40d, no problems
- 42 (26.1%)
Faster than 40d, problems
- 72 (44.7%)
No slower than 40d, no problems
- 14 (8.7%)
No slower than 40d, problems
- 16 (9.9%)
Slower than 40d, no problems
- 2 (1.2%)
Slower than 40d, problems
- 3 (1.9%)
Doesn't work (please explain)
- 12 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 160

Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147

Author Topic: FotF: Help test the output code for the next version of DF (40d13)  (Read 373001 times)

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
Re: FotF: Help test the output code for the next version of DF (40d13)
« Reply #2160 on: August 10, 2009, 04:08:18 pm »

Man, the new build menus are irritating.

I haven't changed the hotkeys at all, but I'm getting stupid things like
"S(S)ort", "St(s)e" "Sea(c)" when I look at them in the third of the window tab size.  The placing of the hotkeys needs to be better.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: August 10, 2009, 04:12:12 pm »

We know. It's been reported about eighty-three dozen times in this thread.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: August 10, 2009, 05:57:47 pm »

We know. It's been reported about eighty-three dozen times in this thread.
What's been reported?  Oh, and FYI, there's a bug in the menus currently.  The hotkey letters seem to be in the wrong place.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: August 11, 2009, 12:08:06 pm »

Hey, cut me a little slack.  Nowhere on the first four or last four pages is "hotkey" even used.  Since github refuses to display anything for me, and there's no bugs list on the first page, and this thread is ridiculously long, how was I supposed to check?

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: August 11, 2009, 12:26:39 pm »

Hey, cut me a little slack.  Nowhere on the first four or last four pages is "hotkey" even used.  Since github refuses to display anything for me, and there's no bugs list on the first page, and this thread is ridiculously long, how was I supposed to check?
I've already asked that we lock and create a new thread for each release.  It's not that hard.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: August 11, 2009, 12:37:58 pm »

And we will, just as soon as there is a new release.

This might be a while. There appears to be some memory corruption issues I have to deal with first, so at least a few days.
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: August 11, 2009, 01:18:06 pm »

We expect you to read it front to back obviously.
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: August 11, 2009, 09:40:45 pm »

We expect you to read it front to back obviously.
And here I was reading it from the outside in.

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: August 11, 2009, 09:47:06 pm »

Could've used the search bar.
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: August 11, 2009, 09:57:58 pm »

Ah, I see that on this forum it goes on a thread-by-thread basis.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: August 12, 2009, 01:42:36 am »

Ah, I see that on this forum it goes on a thread-by-thread basis.
That's actually nice to know... though as an interface developer, it would be more intuitive if it were placed a little closer to the thread content... maybe embedded in the "reply | notify.." bar

Shima

• Bay Watcher
  • Time to go fishing, lads.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: August 12, 2009, 06:21:11 am »

I have to say, I REALLY hate the resizable feature.  I play in windowed mode, and every now and then it resets to 0/0 size, and I have to struggle to get it back to the perfect window size I had.  It's a serious pain, and looks terrible since everything zooms in and out instead of staying at the right ratio (In my case, 16x16).
(giant worm leather coat)
Weight: 718238Γ
Owner: Udil Evonudil, Planter

Oh Armok, the spice.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: August 12, 2009, 06:58:48 am »

I have to say, I REALLY hate the resizable feature.  I play in windowed mode, and every now and then it resets to 0/0 size, and I have to struggle to get it back to the perfect window size I had.  It's a serious pain, and looks terrible since everything zooms in and out instead of staying at the right ratio (In my case, 16x16).
Hate the feature, or the bug?  There's a huge difference.

I love the fact that I can re-size at a whim and get better performance if I need it or expand it out to take in all the glory of my latest design without zooming out and messing up the look.

still blinking icons

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: August 12, 2009, 11:08:39 am »

So when does this version with actually usable menues and a working window resize come out? Cos it  says i have d13 and all of the problems are stll there.

(On a side note: Whos awesome idea was it to change all the key bindings and ship the game with optimal init settings? It makes the game so playable! </irony>)

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: August 12, 2009, 11:26:57 am »

So when does this version with actually usable menues and a working window resize come out? Cos it  says i have d13 and all of the problems are stll there.

(On a side note: Whos awesome idea was it to change all the key bindings and ship the game with optimal init settings? It makes the game so playable! </irony>)
I'm pretty sure the init is set to the "most compatible" mode.

Also, this new build is an Alpha... not even Beta.  It's not really meant to be played, but tested.  If you find a problem that's not been mentioned, it should be reported here.  If you want a version that's stable, go back to 40d or pick one of the alpha versions that came after that that's stable enough for you.  ::)
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147