Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

After experimenting with the options, how is 40d13? Problems only count if the defaults don't work.

Faster than 40d, no problems
- 42 (26.1%)
Faster than 40d, problems
- 72 (44.7%)
No slower than 40d, no problems
- 14 (8.7%)
No slower than 40d, problems
- 16 (9.9%)
Slower than 40d, no problems
- 2 (1.2%)
Slower than 40d, problems
- 3 (1.9%)
Doesn't work (please explain)
- 12 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 160

Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 147

Author Topic: FotF: Help test the output code for the next version of DF (40d13)  (Read 373004 times)

GenericOverusedName

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FotF: Help test the output code for the next version of DF (40d13)
« Reply #2130 on: July 31, 2009, 12:49:53 pm »

Don't suppose there's been much progress on fixing the schizophrenic keyboard issues? I miss my shift+up/down/left/right...

StealthArcher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: August 01, 2009, 02:12:51 pm »

I checked about the last 20 pages, and found no duplicate to my problem, so don't ***** at me please. >.>

I'm running a laptop,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
with the following specifications,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
all drivers and crap are up to date.

Dwarf fortress runs in Fullscreen, with horrible clipping unless in ACCUM_BUFFER draw mode.  VSync does nothing to fix this with any setting.

Windowed mode brings up a window outline, but the inside never goes black or any other solid, it just copies your screen.

I have tried d11, d12, and d13.  All do this.  Any idea what is happening?

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: August 01, 2009, 03:39:28 pm »

Hard to tell. Could you try the linux version, see if that works?
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

ikkonoishi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: August 01, 2009, 08:55:53 pm »

Is there any way to make that MACRO flashing thing at the bottom right not show up all the time once I create a macro? The macro isn't currently running. This is in d13.
Our Dwarven instincts compel us to run blindly towards disaster in case there may be a ☼<☼giant cave spider silk sock☼>☼ lying around.

eddyg86

• Bay Watcher
  • b.marley 'donsit on ur pride -just get hiiidodobdo
    • View Profile
    • grimmwold - rp server i play dwarf called Blig - uo
« Reply #2134 on: August 04, 2009, 08:31:11 am »

i give up on d13 sadly - every other version is fine and gives me good fps, but i made a 11x11 embark recently and while fps's were good with 7 dwarves, now with 37 and alot of stuff around it's down to 25-39 constantly - but with d13 my fps are massive! i could probably make a 20x20 map (i was considering a say 20x9 or so map when d13 is working again, a big belt of mountain running onto plain or something, who knows) that the fps on d13 is so good!

so to put it short, it's a shame that it's interface and keypresses are in such a (truthfully) unplayable state cos it runs so damn smooth it's like its a bug itself.
my fortress is full of kitties

teloft

• Bay Watcher
  • We found the zirilid stream
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: August 04, 2009, 02:08:07 pm »

I use a labtop, the key bindings would benifit to have a labtop option that would alter the key bindings automaticaly for a deafult labtop setting. Each language keyboard setting is also diferent and it would benifit international users to be able to use bindings for there keyboard layout as an option, (I see this as a comunity contribution of the international users to supply the program with possible defult choosable setting)
We found the zirilid stream

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: August 04, 2009, 02:56:31 pm »

That's a good idea, and should be pretty simple to implement.

The input code needs to stabilize first (which means waiting for d14), but once that's out you should ask Veroule about it; he'd be the one to implement it, so I don't want to agree on his behalf. :)

Q-Lok

• Bay Watcher
  • Cog Mersethoslan
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #2137 on: August 04, 2009, 10:36:18 pm »

I'm definitely with Teloft on this one.  I'm used to the old keybinding system, and I'm also on a laptop, so it's been pretty much really difficult for me to get anything working worth anything with the new files.  Also, for some reason my current fort crashes 40d13 upon loading the save.
Plays Dwarf Fortress when bored.  Is probably bored.

Current fort:
Shipnet: For The Throne, But Against The King [Community]
The story of a band of exiles, removed forcibly from their mountainhome by a corrupt usurper.  Rith Medtobikal seeks to turn his frozen home into a new monument to the true king's line in defiance of Nish Roadreined (the "ignoble noble").

gamegreen33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: August 04, 2009, 11:52:41 pm »

Okay...So I am playing and for some reason every time I try to designate and I move my mouse, without clicking it just basically designates everything my cursor goes over. What gives?

Okay, upon closer inspection, my mouse is...stuck on click. And it isn't my mouse because I obviously have no problem using Firefox and none of my other versions of DF work fine.

AGH

I mean, none of my other versions of DF have any problems.

Damned words!

Also, moving the mouse out of DF doesn't help.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 12:13:50 am by gamegreen33 »
Quote from: dogstile
We all know what those elfs are like. they're a couple of guys who are up to no good, making trouble in our neighbourhood. Now you guys got my mum all scared and now i'm moving with my auntie and uncle in bel air!
imagine fighting someone on the street. You guys are going at it...all of the sudden, he hits you in the face with the tips of 5 fingers. What the fuck is he doing? You're confused, he school boys you, you're going to be lost. Match won.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: August 05, 2009, 12:18:49 am »

it's a know bug, I beleie it's already fixed in the version that we can't have yet.

ikkonoishi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: August 05, 2009, 07:42:58 am »

Yeah go into init.txt and disable your mouse completely for d13. That will let you actually play with it.
Our Dwarven instincts compel us to run blindly towards disaster in case there may be a ☼<☼giant cave spider silk sock☼>☼ lying around.

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: August 05, 2009, 12:21:02 pm »

According to Toady, d14 should be out by tomorrow or so.. unless he gets in a good run fixing stuff for the next real release, in which case it might be longer.

At any rate, your suffering is soon to end. Have faith.

Michael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: August 05, 2009, 01:28:09 pm »

According to Toady, d14 should be out by tomorrow or so.. unless he gets in a good run fixing stuff for the next real release, in which case it might be longer.

At any rate, your suffering is soon to end. Have faith.

Great to hear.

Has the zoom/gridsize been fixed right for d14?  I'm worried that since BLACK_SPACE is looked down on and the gridsize will be on autopilot, it might not be possible anymore to have a 1:1 font scale when the font size does not divide the screen resolution evenly.

However, it would be great if F12 were fixed to snap to the best resolution with a 1:1 font, instead of the close-but-not-crisp display it now gives.

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: August 05, 2009, 01:34:18 pm »

I've been thinking about it, and I do have a better algorithm in mind, but I can't really fix anything before d14 is out; the keyboard mess makes it impossible to test for me too.

Altering the zooming code should create no requirement for a d15, though; you'll be able to follow d14-head as it's fixed.

Veroule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: August 05, 2009, 04:01:15 pm »

I will have to think about how I could handle distinct sets of binding mappings for better international and laptop support.  Mostly I am of the mind to say that various custom interface.txt files should be available in the wiki for download.

I am not adverse to making the interface.txt loading sequence able to look at multiple files.  Maybe adding some UNKEY tags and multiple files would be easiest for users.  I could also split the macros into seperate files to make sharing them easier.

Message me with any ideas you have and it will go from there.
"Please, spare us additional torture; and just euthanise yourselves."
Delivered by Tim Curry of Clue as a parody of the lead ass from American Idol in the show Psych.
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 147