Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

After experimenting with the options, how is 40d13? Problems only count if the defaults don't work.

Faster than 40d, no problems
- 42 (26.1%)
Faster than 40d, problems
- 72 (44.7%)
No slower than 40d, no problems
- 14 (8.7%)
No slower than 40d, problems
- 16 (9.9%)
Slower than 40d, no problems
- 2 (1.2%)
Slower than 40d, problems
- 3 (1.9%)
Doesn't work (please explain)
- 12 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 160

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 147

Author Topic: FotF: Help test the output code for the next version of DF (40d13)  (Read 373090 times)

virus_found

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Beside that, the game run really faster on pause (around 1000FPS with a G_FPS at 20), but when I unpause the game, it fall around 30. I use Mayday's graphics with a 1280*800 screen and a 80*25 grid, in windowed.
Mike Mayday must have set FPS_CAP to 1000 in his stock init.txt.
His fault. Set it to the default 100 and you are done :)

tdittmar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi,

tested 609a26fb8f79... ( Add middle-mouse as toggle-zoom-mode key)

as expected, still the frozen screen, but in addition the messed up keyboard settings as reported by jupotter.
I use a German keyboard layout.

I noticed a new warning while compiling:

g_src/keybindings.cpp: In member function 'void interfacekeyst::Load(const char*)':
g_src/keybindings.cpp:1886: warning: large integer implicitly truncated to unsigned type

Timo

Veroule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Excellent 2 good test sub..., err users.
The game run perfectly, but when I enter in any game mode (Forteress and adventurer), the key are completly messed: the arrow keys makes the screen move diagonaly, the d open the Depot menu, pause/unpause is on the z key ans he spacebar don't work at all. But in fullscreen menu, everything works as expected. I've got a french azerty keyboard, but I never had any problem before.
I am having a little trouble understanding you, jupotter.  Are you saying that switching to fullscreen mode makes all the keyboard problems go away?  Also when you say you "never had any problem before", are you referring to the official D13 release?
tested 609a26fb8f79... ( Add middle-mouse as toggle-zoom-mode key)

as expected, still the frozen screen, but in addition the messed up keyboard settings as reported by jupotter.
I use a German keyboard layout.
Do your key troubles exactly match jupotter's?  Is the 'German' layout also azerty?

For both of you:
  • What is the physical layout of your keyboard?
  • Do the markings on the physical keyboard differ from the symbols those keys produce in a basic text editor?
  • If you try to bind a key does the D13+head version report the same character symbol as your systems basic text editor?
  • Does your keyboard have any language specific keys for characters with marks such as umlat, accent agrave, etc.?  If yes, then can you bind those correctly in the current D13+head?
I am sure I will think of a few more questions, but those should be enough to find the problem.

I noticed a new warning while compiling:

g_src/keybindings.cpp: In member function 'void interfacekeyst::Load(const char*)':
g_src/keybindings.cpp:1886: warning: large integer implicitly truncated to unsigned type
Thanks, I forgot that reference.  Fixed when I make my next commit.
"Please, spare us additional torture; and just euthanise yourselves."
Delivered by Tim Curry of Clue as a parody of the lead ass from American Idol in the show Psych.

jupotter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The game run perfectly, but when I enter in any game mode (Forteress and adventurer), the key are completly messed: the arrow keys makes the screen move diagonaly, the d open the Depot menu, pause/unpause is on the z key ans he spacebar don't work at all. But in fullscreen menu, everything works as expected. I've got a french azerty keyboard, but I never had any problem before.
I am having a little trouble understanding you, jupotter.  Are you saying that switching to fullscreen mode makes all the keyboard problems go away?  Also when you say you "never had any problem before", are you referring to the official D13 release?
I mean that in screens like the main menu or the esc menu, the key works as they are supposed to do (up and down, spacebar for back etc), but not in game's menu (designation, construction...)

My keyboard have a standard azerty layout:

When I type in a text editor or bind the keys, the symbols matchs to the physical keyboard, and specific character binds correctly, both in scan and unicode mode (event tough they show strangely in game, but I think it is he font: I got an alpha for à, a theta for é and a weird thing for è. Umlaut show as a mu)

Before, I used 40d2 version, where I had no problem with the keys

Ergzay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In 40d13 I have noticed my delete key did not work till I reassigned it. The game reads my backspace key as the delete key so I had to rebind  the backspace key to the delete key in the game in order to backspace. I am using an en_US keyboard layout and it is an apple macbook pro laptop. For some reason the default for the delete key is to generate the 0x7F key which makes the game type in some random control character when I hit delete. This is using the non source mac version.

Edit: I wasn't very clear. On my keyboard my backspace key says "delete." When I type in any text editor and in 40d the delete/backspace key behaved as normal. In 40d13 I had to unbind the two (why two?) things that the "Delete" key was bound to and rebind the STRING_A000 as the "Delete" key.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 02:25:53 am by Ergzay »

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, I forgot to mention: With the newest version of linux-head I have exactly the same problems as jupotter.

I have a german keyboard-layout (in every respect), like this:
^1234567890ß´
QWERTZUIOPÜ+
ASDFGHJKLÖÄ#
<YXCVBNM,.-

I am normally sing the numpad to scroll, as the up/down/left/right keys don't seem to work at all, as soon as I go into dwarf-mode.
Taste my Paci-Fist

lemonpieman

• Bay Watcher
  • Maario
    • View Profile

Faster than 40d, but I've had several problems in adventure mode (only mode i tried so far)

The arrow keys don't move the character, and you can't > on the travel screen. Bizarre problems.

Impaler[WrG]

• Bay Watcher
  • Khazad Project Leader
    • View Profile

Edit: I wasn't very clear. On my keyboard my backspace key says "delete." When I type in any text editor and in 40d the delete/backspace key behaved as normal. In 40d13 I had to unbind the two (why two?) things that the "Delete" key was bound to and rebind the STRING_A000 as the "Delete" key.

I had a problem with the delete & insert keys when I moved to v13, I had been using [KEY:Delete], but that doesn't work anymore instead [SYM:Delete] seems to be the only way to bind with delete, perhaps that would work for you as well.
Khazad the Isometric Fortress Engine
Extract forts from DF, load and save them to file and view them in full 3D

Khazad Home Thread
Khazad v0.0.5 Download

Veroule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Now it makes sense.  The repository has the main program compiled by Toady.  During compilation it produced solid numbers to the bindings index INTERFACEKEY* for all of its key tests.  Adding the 4 zoom bindings makes all the index values after those not match the compiled ones.  The menus weren't affected since they call the standard_scoll* functions, which is compiled in the library.  So the current head of the repository doesn't work for play.

In 40d13 I have noticed my delete key did not work till I reassigned it. The game reads my backspace key as the delete key so I had to rebind  the backspace key to the delete key in the game in order to backspace. I am using an en_US keyboard layout and it is an apple macbook pro laptop. For some reason the default for the delete key is to generate the 0x7F key which makes the game type in some random control character when I hit delete. This is using the non source mac version.

The 0x7F value for Delete comes from the ASCII standard.  The binding for that value has already been removed for future versions. 

I have no idea why any Mac wouldn't have a Backspace key.  The key and its behavior have been defined long before Apple started as a company.  I don't think I would want to make Delete part of the default Backspace list, because I will use full editting in the text entry for the binding/macro renaming.

...in adventure mode (only mode i tried so far)

The arrow keys don't move the character, and you can't > on the travel screen.
The arrow keys are fixed for D14 already.  The issue with > has received as much love as I can give it and the rest is up to Toady for D14.  You can bind another key for travel end to play in the meantime.
"Please, spare us additional torture; and just euthanise yourselves."
Delivered by Tim Curry of Clue as a parody of the lead ass from American Idol in the show Psych.

lemonpieman

• Bay Watcher
  • Maario
    • View Profile

Now it makes sense.  The repository has the main program compiled by Toady.  During compilation it produced solid numbers to the bindings index INTERFACEKEY* for all of its key tests.  Adding the 4 zoom bindings makes all the index values after those not match the compiled ones.  The menus weren't affected since they call the standard_scoll* functions, which is compiled in the library.  So the current head of the repository doesn't work for play.

The 0x7F value for Delete comes from the ASCII standard.  The binding for that value has already been removed for future versions. 

I have no idea why any Mac wouldn't have a Backspace key.  The key and its behavior have been defined long before Apple started as a company.  I don't think I would want to make Delete part of the default Backspace list, because I will use full editting in the text entry for the binding/macro renaming.

The arrow keys are fixed for D14 already.  The issue with > has received as much love as I can give it and the rest is up to Toady for D14.  You can bind another key for travel end to play in the meantime.

Bind... keys...?

dragonfi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Here, in the linux 40d13-head version the keys are really messed up, just like some of the posts described above.

Using a 105 button Hungarian qwertz keyboard.

It seems that the game disregards inreface.txt, and the ingame key setup from the menu. (The hotkey for Pause/Resume for isntance is Space, (I tried to delete and reassign Space ingame too), but the game uses z for the smae function and Space is not working.

Corona688

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Its a technical term for "tie to some functionality or other".
You never know when you might need a berserk dwarf to set loose somewhere.

brad777

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I have only one problem. If I click the mouse while in the [d]esignations menu the game thinks I'm holding the left mouse button and I have to quit the game. I just turned off the mouse in the init file because I don't use the mouse to play.

I'm running 64-bit Kubuntu 9.04, and I have a logitech usb mouse.

h3lblad3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bind... keys...?
My problem is not that < and > don't work, but rather that no matter what I bind in their place...
Nothing.  I cannot zoom in during adventure mode unless I'm attacked.

This makes it annoying as I have to walk circles around a city to be attacked before I can go in.
And makes Elves pretty much unplayable, as most animals won't attack them.
I was talking about importing alimunim.
And we were hypothesising about the sexual relations between elves and trees.

uran77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

great but can you zoom with out the mouse
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 147