Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

After experimenting with the options, how is 40d13? Problems only count if the defaults don't work.

Faster than 40d, no problems
- 42 (26.1%)
Faster than 40d, problems
- 72 (44.7%)
No slower than 40d, no problems
- 14 (8.7%)
No slower than 40d, problems
- 16 (9.9%)
Slower than 40d, no problems
- 2 (1.2%)
Slower than 40d, problems
- 3 (1.9%)
Doesn't work (please explain)
- 12 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 160

Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 147

Author Topic: FotF: Help test the output code for the next version of DF (40d13)  (Read 373214 times)

Blank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Since I stopped paying attention since mid-January -- what are the recommended settings for d12/13? Standard, or using partial print? If partial print, what number?

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile

Standard should always work, but may not be all that fast.

Partial should be speedy. Lower numbers are better, 0 is best.

The other modes attempt to make partial work when it otherwise might not, and are extremely unlikely to be faster than partial:0, but may work when it does not.

Summary: Experiment a little.
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

virus_found

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ehm, I made libgraphics.so from 06faa8835 commit and I receive the following when I start df:
Code: [Select]
$ ./df
./dwarfort.exe: Symbol `enabler' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
./dwarfort.exe: symbol lookup error: ./libs/libgraphics.so: undefined symbol: _ZN15enabler_inputstC2Ev
And nothing starts.

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile

Yes, currently DF needs a recompile for that to work.

If you checkout commit d4086907cdadf833c28e7d91ba79a802eed3b65e, that should make it work; after that one I merged veroule's latest keyboard patches, which.. yeah. I'll be a little more careful next time.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com

Here's 40d13:

Windows
Linux
Mac

changes:

tweaked linux gtk code (Baughn)
update to zooming (Baughn)
large input update (Veroule)
replace quads by triangles (Baughn)
added VBO support (Baughn)
fixed manual key display
repaired adv mode input (Veroule)
added ability to export some map information in text string form

I found that the VBO print mode crashed over here, but I left it in in case that's just something to do with my primitive equipment.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

I am testing it now.

Ok, adventure mode movement keys work for the numpad, but moving with the arrow keys still doesn't work.

also, zooming doesn't work right with a non-square tilesets

also... the first transparent tileset?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 05:42:37 am by Japa »

virus_found

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You forgot to place libtiff.so.4 into Linux tarball. But that's no problem at all, one can find it in the git repo.

Benny

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Poster
    • View Profile
    • retrojaffa

just tested the new version now in comparison with d11 (the last version I was using)

my graphics set has become all garbled on d13, whether this is a recurring thing or something I've mucked up I thought I'd just put it out there. also, vbo crashes on my system. I'm presuming theres no other parameters I have to declare?

EDIT: oh yeah as well, I noticed in the init.txt file that [TEXTURE_PARAM:NEAREST] has now defaulted to [TEXTURE_PARAM:LINEAR], is this intended?
On this post is an image of Benny in Obsidian. Benny is typing a reply

d64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Strange issue with v13. Zoom works much better than with 12, where it used to be very slow. However, with mode partial and black space off (with black space on I have large black bars on the top and bottom of a maximized df window) zoomin out works, but I can only zoom in a tiny bit. Also middle button will not reset the zoom to 1:1.

With black space on and print mode standard, zoom can be reset with mid button and I can also zoom in properly. However, then I have the problem with the view not filling the entire window. FWIW, I have a 4:3 screen on a dualhead setup. Df of course only fills one screen. I'm running XP.

Edit: correction: actually, I cannot zoom in at all with partial and black space, my mistake earlier.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 06:01:41 am by d64 »

B0013

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't know if this is normal, but the intro shows some strange blockiness.

40d, no blockiness.

40d13, blocky.
>{) >(> })o)  Fishes!

virus_found

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

VBO version runs ok with no visual fps changes in comparison with PARTIAL:0. But it hangs my system completely as soon as I run programs and doing some work in background, I mean, when DF is iconified/minimized. Even ctrl+alt+F1 won't work after that.
PARTIAL:0 runs smoothly without any problems.

Toksyuryel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You forgot to place libtiff.so.4 into Linux tarball. But that's no problem at all, one can find it in the git repo.
In the libs directory of the tarball,
Code: [Select]
ln -s /usr/lib32/libtiff.so.3 libtiff.so.4. If your distro puts it in a different location and/or names it differently, change the path in the command.

virus_found

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In Building and Designations menu text shortcuts are surrounded with brackets (). Looks horrible if it's intended.

EDIT>
DF seems to hang my system no matter what graphical mode I use (see my previous post). And when hang occures, sounds become distorted. Maybe it's due to FMOD...
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 07:45:17 am by virus_found »

AbuDhabi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

40d13 seems much more compatible with Dvorak than the previous versions! Numbers don't seem to work when inputting note text, however (except 5 when using the Numpad and Num lock is on). The designation menu is strangely garbled:

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile

just tested the new version now in comparison with d11 (the last version I was using)

my graphics set has become all garbled on d13, whether this is a recurring thing or something I've mucked up I thought I'd just put it out there. also, vbo crashes on my system. I'm presuming theres no other parameters I have to declare?
VBO crashes on quite a lot of systems, because I made what should be a fall-back-to-standard into an assert instead. I think I'm going to have to go about using them a little differently; it appears that only newer nvidia cards really implement it right.

EDIT: oh yeah as well, I noticed in the init.txt file that [TEXTURE_PARAM:NEAREST] has now defaulted to [TEXTURE_PARAM:LINEAR], is this intended?
Yes. Unlike before there are no downsides, and it makes zooming look better.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 147