Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

After experimenting with the options, how is 40d13? Problems only count if the defaults don't work.

Faster than 40d, no problems
- 42 (26.1%)
Faster than 40d, problems
- 72 (44.7%)
No slower than 40d, no problems
- 14 (8.7%)
No slower than 40d, problems
- 16 (9.9%)
Slower than 40d, no problems
- 2 (1.2%)
Slower than 40d, problems
- 3 (1.9%)
Doesn't work (please explain)
- 12 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 160

Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 147

Author Topic: FotF: Help test the output code for the next version of DF (40d13)  (Read 373337 times)

vins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry for my problem.

You should make a list of everything which has been reported.

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile

I've got one, in the first post, I'd just forgotten to update it. Sorry about being a bit touchy, though.  :-[
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

kutulu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module": /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/modules/libcanberra-gtk-module.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

(dwarfort.exe:14407): Gtk-WARNING **: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/libnodoka.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

(dwarfort.exe:14407): Gtk-WARNING **: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/libnodoka.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

Completely harmless.  (Reciting this from memory, so might be a little hazy...)

This just means that those modules are somehow set to automatically load when gtk+ is initialized, usually by being added to the GTK_MODULES env. var by GNOME.  These three, in particular, are used by your sound and GUI theme engine, so normally they would have to be loaded behind the scenes by GTK even if the application knew nothing about them.

Since you're using the 32-bit gtk libs, it can't load the 64-bit-only libraries.  This would happen on any 32-bit gtk app you tried to run.  Since DF isn't using gtk for for UI or sound, you won't even notice.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 08:44:27 pm by kutulu »

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module": /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/modules/libcanberra-gtk-module.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

Completely harmless.  (Reciting this from memory, so might be a little hazy...)

This just means that those modules are somehow set to automatically load when gtk+ is initialized, usually by being added to the GTK_MODULES env. var by GNOME.  These three, in particular, are used by your sound and GUI theme engine, so normally they would have to be loaded behind the scenes by GTK even if the application knew nothing about them.

Since you're using the 32-bit gtk libs, it can't load the 64-bit-only libraries.  This would happen on any 32-bit gtk app you tried to run.  Since DF isn't using gtk for for UI or sound, you won't even notice.
Yeah, I got to digging into why those were presenting after the last update.  They've not affected my PC at all, so it's not been a priority to eliminate them.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

jamoecw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

the download say 40d11, even the title of the thread is for 40d11, you reference helping out with 40d12, and talk about working on 40d13.  did i miss something?

finesse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

the download say 40d11, even the title of the thread is for 40d11, you reference helping out with 40d12, and talk about working on 40d13.  did i miss something?

d12 was released for a few mins, but there were some 'show stopper' bugs in it.. if you're good at faking links you might still be able to grab it like it did ;)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com

Let's try again.  I couldn't try out the keys on linux since I haven't fixed my graphics drivers there yet, but the windows keys seemed to be aligned properly in the places that I looked.

40d12:

WINDOWS
LINUX
OSX

updated/streamlined all sound files (bhelyer)
made icon use png (Baughn, I think)
new keybindings screen w/ macros (Veroule)
multiple bindings per key (Veroule)
resizeable window (Baughn)
zoom with mouse-wheel, any non L/R button to reset zoom to default (Baughn)
fixed mandate counting problem from finished items on multiple mandates
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile

Okay.

I'm going to upload a more chatty compile of the linux version, so anyone having trouble getting this to work, hold on until I've got that working. Then ask me for help, here or in #bay12games.

If you're not on Linux.. try installing Linux. Wubi is a nice, simple-to-install (and safe-to-install) version; see http://wubi-installer.org/

Lando242

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

One interesting thing I've found with graphics resizing (which is an awesome feature btw): if the font file (curses_square_16x16.png for example) is being used in a small windowed resolution (800x600) and you resize the window it forces its horizontal size up to whatever size the font file is designed for (1280?) while the vertical resolution is still freely adjustable. The problem is that, at least on my system, it forces the *display area* larger than my desktops resolution (1024x768) and I lose about a 6th of the right side of the screen. Oddly, the *window* will max out at 1024 horizontal resolution, so the display area to the right is not displayed at all! Even if I move the window off to the left, the window size stays at 1024 and the extra area to the right is simply gone.

So, if you start it up in windowed mode in will compress the font file to whatever resolution you are using, but once you resize it it fixes the resolution to whatever the font is designed for and you can't change it back without restarting DF. Maybe intended behavior?

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile

Sort of intended behavior. I hadn't really counted on the case where it'd start up larger than the screen (which messes with the drivers, thus your black area), and it's supposed to do that resizing immediately. The days of explicitly stating your grid/window size are numbered.

Neither the horizontal nor vertical resolution are freely adjustable. To be specific, you can't resize it until to less than 80 tiles horizontal, or 25 vertical. So there's a lot more room for vertical compression.

The solution will probably be to compress (eg. zoom out) the tiles if you try, and check the resolution beforehand to ensure the window doesn't become too large.

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile

Oh, and of course you can zoom out manually to get whatever size window you want, right now.

Zona

• Bay Watcher
  • SEE YOU SOON
    • View Profile

Once I zoom out even a bit I can never zoom in to as close as I started. Im also useing a 1026x768 window resolution for my monitor and 800x600 DF window size.
Those lucky dwarves, despite the risk of being stabbed, shots, poisoned, eaten, mauled, enslaved, eviscerated or involved in accidents... at least they don’t have to worry about immediate dangers like the heat death of the universe.

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile

Pressing the middle button will reset the zoom to unity, unless your window is too small for that. Are you sure you started at unity?

Zona

• Bay Watcher
  • SEE YOU SOON
    • View Profile

Pressing the middle button will reset the zoom to unity, unless your window is too small for that. Are you sure you started at unity?

Truth be told no. I just started up the game and pressed the scroll wheel once and it resulted in my zooming out quite a bit. It seems when I start in window mode the game resizes itself to my screen. Ah well its not really a problem. Things are just a bit smaller then im used to. But on the bright side my grid is square now.  ;D
Those lucky dwarves, despite the risk of being stabbed, shots, poisoned, eaten, mauled, enslaved, eviscerated or involved in accidents... at least they don’t have to worry about immediate dangers like the heat death of the universe.

Lando242

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, another issue I've run into: I can't zoom. My mouse wheel does nothing but make the game unresponsive for a few seconds. The FPS stays solid and anything moving around goes by without issue but I can't do anything for a second or two after using the wheel. The longer I try and spin the wheel the longer the delay before I get control back. If I reassign the wheel to something else, like moving up and down Z levels it works without issue (but still doesn't zoom of course). This does this even with a fresh install of DF d12, not add-ons or mods, on a newly generated world. Don't know how I was able to miss that after mucking about with the resolutions and such.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 147