Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

After experimenting with the options, how is 40d13? Problems only count if the defaults don't work.

Faster than 40d, no problems
- 42 (26.1%)
Faster than 40d, problems
- 72 (44.7%)
No slower than 40d, no problems
- 14 (8.7%)
No slower than 40d, problems
- 16 (9.9%)
Slower than 40d, no problems
- 2 (1.2%)
Slower than 40d, problems
- 3 (1.9%)
Doesn't work (please explain)
- 12 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 160

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 147

Author Topic: FotF: Help test the output code for the next version of DF (40d13)  (Read 373349 times)

Toksyuryel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

While he could do that, he'd have to recompile it and re-release it all over again as soon as the issues with the other versions are fixed.
shut up! come on, the majority of computer users run windows. therefore the majority of people who play dwarf fortress also use windows(since it is completely compatible with windows) and linux. the other versions are probably going to come out soon enough anyways
Actually I was running it in WINE until I managed to get 40d11 working. No windows for me :D

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com

I've got the linux one done.  Now I'll see if the mac works.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile

anticipation screwing with respiration!

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile

40d12:

WINDOW
LINUX
OSX

updated/streamlined all sound files (bhelyer)
made icon use png (Baughn, I think)
new keybindings screen w/ macros (Veroule)
multiple bindings per key (Veroule)
resizeable window (Baughn)
zoom with mouse-wheel, any non L/R button to reset zoom to default (Baughn)
fixed mandate counting problem from finished items on multiple mandates

If it fails to work, we'll have to update it later, as I'm 10 hours past my bed time.

We'll try again later.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 08:07:10 pm by Toady One »

KilgoreTrout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

I got this as I posted, about the zooming, haha.

KilgoreTrout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

BTW, thanks Toadster!

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Andir cancels browse internet, new DF needs tested. ;)

Edit:  One minor bug... Maximizing window in Linux (default config, no edits) makes the display blank.  If you stretch it to full size it works fine, but there must be a missing event trigger on the maximize. (?)

Crashed on me after resizing, before starting the game.  My steps, open DF, play with resize while movie was going... gen world, play some more with the resize, play, embark, default stuff, crash... restarting, leaving the window alone and embarking: no crash.

After switching windows (to bug post) and going back to DF, it no longer accepts keystrokes.  On further review, keystrokes work, but are cached and delayed quite brutally.  Going to see if I can change the video settings (maybe the default config on my GMA card is bad...)

Note to Toady (I assume): place note on TODO to save resolution settings to init file when game saved...

[ d ]esignate [ d ]ig is now [ d ]esignate [ o ]ut?  [ d ]esignate Remove Ramps (was it [ z ]?) now uses [ h ] which is also used for channel... so you cannot remove ramps, only channel.

Setting FRAME_BUFFER seems to have resolved the "key cache" problem.  Some may see this as losing keybindings when in fact it isn't (and they are impatient...)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 08:46:33 pm by Andir »
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

KilgoreTrout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Zooming is a little slow but overall a definate improvement.

The problem, though, is that a good number of keys no longer serve their function. Even though in the bindings menu it says "d" is to designate digging, in the designations menu it says "o" and only works with "o" no matter how many times I try and rebind.

Veroule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I must have misaligned something in the binding data when I was sorting it.  I will take a look at the designate grouping again.  Let me know about any others.
"Please, spare us additional torture; and just euthanise yourselves."
Delivered by Tim Curry of Clue as a parody of the lead ass from American Idol in the show Psych.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I must have misaligned something in the binding data when I was sorting it.  I will take a look at the designate grouping again.  Let me know about any others.
[ a ]dd [ t ]able in the mason workshop is now [ a ][ q ] and quern is now [ t ] (these got swapped)
[ b ]uild [ C ]onstruct is all wrong:
[ f ]loor is wrongly [ w ],
[ w ]all is wrongly [ F ],
[ F ]ortification is wrongly [ x ],
[ x ]Up/Down Stair is wrongly [ d ],
[ d ]own stair is wrongly [ u ],
[ u ]p stair is wrongly [ r ],
[ r ]amp is wrongly [ f ] completing the circle.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 09:11:58 pm by Andir »
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile

I've found the dig/traffic misalignment and fixed that one up.  I don't think it would have other effects though, so there's probably another one.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I also have a zooming problem (I am using a trackpad with the scrolling enabled... don't think that matters though):
Normal:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Zoomed in:

Edit: does some interesting stuff if I switch from window to fullscreen, zoom, then switch back...  kind of hard to explain, but it keeps the zoom resolution.  With the above problem, it means I have to go fullscreen, zoom to wanted level, drop back to window and resize.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 09:30:17 pm by Andir »

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Gotta stop for the night, sorry.

I see you took down the links.  Hope the bugs didn't do too much to sour the release.

Don't get discouraged though... besides those minor issues it looks to be a fine increment.  I'd definitely play it even with those issues.

Edit:  In case it matters.  It runs great even though I'm having problems with my 32-bit libs:
I did just update my system with a huge mess of updates though.  (Debian Unstable)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 09:38:29 pm by Andir »

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i have a problem with freezing, it seems to freeze once every 5 seconds for 5 seconds, its quite frustrating
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i have a problem with freezing, it seems to freeze once every 5 seconds for 5 seconds, its quite frustrating
Might be a pathfinding issue, got a bottleneck and lots of creatures?
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 147