Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 69

Author Topic: Community Mods and utilities list.  (Read 1209544 times)

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
Re: Community Mods and utilities list.
« Reply #750 on: March 29, 2013, 01:12:22 pm »

I've created a number of utility plugins for DFHack that I feel improve the game's user interface and eliminates some of the common annoyances (no gameplay changes, just user experience improvements). I have a thread here that summarises each plugin with links to more detailed documentation.

I thought it might be good to have them listed in the miscellaneous utilities section. Most of them are unlikely to get included with DFHack by default (because they change the game's UI too much), so having them listed in a post like this would help avoid them dropping into obscurity :)

Added 3/29/2013
Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #751 on: April 09, 2013, 03:54:54 pm »

Could you please add splinterz branch of the therapist to the top of your list, next to the "old" therapist? It does have a ton of features the older one is missing. The wording for any description is up to you or splinterz, but I think it would be good if it includes the hint that splinterz version is newer. ^^

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=122968.0

EDIT: Once I am here already...  the stonesense link is outdated, japa has continued the work in a new thread, http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=106497, and I noticed you list both Wizards Tower and Dwarf Chocolate. Dwarf Chocolate is the successor to Wizards Tower and includes it in the download.

EDIT2: I just updated my Accelerated DF and wrote a merge of Accelerated DF and the Modest Mod. As you know, AccDF is focussed on improving FPS, while Modest Mod is purely bugfixes and balancing. Several people requested both. But I am a bit at a loss... how would you like to add this to the list? I would prefer if all three (Modest Mod, Accelerated DF and Accelerated Modest Mod) would be under each other, simply because they are closely related. I also put both mods into one thread, so you might only want to do one link. This is the best I could come up with:

Accelerated DF (+Modest Mod) - A mod that increases FPS by ~25%. Includes all Modest-Mod-Bugfixes, several utilities and a GUI for 3 tilesets.

Would be great if you delete the old "accelerated df" entry, and put this new one directly under the "modest mod" link. :)

EDIT3: And please update this one:
☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress A mod package that makes DF 4 times as big, but still keeps true to the atmosphere of DF. Adds 110+ Buildings, 2000+ Reactions and 1000+ Creatures. Runs about 25% faster then the unmodded game. Includes Utilities. Read the thread for more info.  Also there is a plugin available by a seperate author -> Orc Fortress that adds even more depth, and allows you to play as Orcs. 
to this:

☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress A mod package that makes DF 4 times as big, but still keeps true to the atmosphere of DF. Adds 110+ Buildings, 2000+ Reactions and 1000+ Creatures. Runs about 25% faster then the unmodded game. Includes Utilities and 2 playable race plugins -> ☼Orc Fortress☼ and ☼Kobold Camp☼

I just added the Kobold Camp link... and made the description shorter. :) I should really rename this, since it might cause confusion with the original one that I included at first. Ah... I am so bad with names. Anyway, it does have its own thread and own set of raws, so its similar to the Orc Plugin. Not quite as extensive, buts its work in progress. :) Hope you are not a bit overwhelmed ^^
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 05:57:42 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: April 14, 2013, 06:36:35 pm »

Could you please add splinterz branch of the therapist to the top of your list, next to the "old" therapist? It does have a ton of features the older one is missing. The wording for any description is up to you or splinterz, but I think it would be good if it includes the hint that splinterz version is newer. ^^

EDIT: Once I am here already...  the stonesense link is outdated, japa has continued the work in a new thread, http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=106497, and I noticed you list both Wizards Tower and Dwarf Chocolate. Dwarf Chocolate is the successor to Wizards Tower and includes it in the download.

These two have been handled.  Thank you, and I will get to the other ones shortly.

xcorps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: April 18, 2013, 05:38:03 pm »

Hi, apologies if this is the wrong thread.

I'm looking for a trade screen plug in for DFHack. I found it last month but wasn't able to download and install it. It adds some basic functionality like hitting the enter key marks the item for trade AND moves the selector down to the next item. I can't recall the other uses.

Any help appreciated.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #754 on: April 18, 2013, 07:21:49 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91166.0

This is the dfhack thread, you might find more fitting help there. I havent heard about this plugin, sounds like some kind of macro to me.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: April 18, 2013, 09:19:03 pm »

Hi, apologies if this is the wrong thread.

I'm looking for a trade screen plug in for DFHack. I found it last month but wasn't able to download and install it. It adds some basic functionality like hitting the enter key marks the item for trade AND moves the selector down to the next item. I can't recall the other uses.

Any help appreciated.

That's built in functionality in DFHack. You have to add "tweak fast-trade" to your dfhack.init file. It's also in the dfhack.init-example file that comes with DFHack that you should rename if you don't have a custom dfhack.init.
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

xcorps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: April 19, 2013, 01:01:39 pm »

Thank you.

Thank you.

Thank you.

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: April 20, 2013, 04:54:14 pm »

EDIT2: I just updated my Accelerated DF and wrote a merge of Accelerated DF and the Modest Mod. As you know, AccDF is focussed on improving FPS, while Modest Mod is purely bugfixes and balancing. Several people requested both. But I am a bit at a loss... how would you like to add this to the list? I would prefer if all three (Modest Mod, Accelerated DF and Accelerated Modest Mod) would be under each other, simply because they are closely related. I also put both mods into one thread, so you might only want to do one link. This is the best I could come up with:

Accelerated DF (+Modest Mod) - A mod that increases FPS by ~25%. Includes all Modest-Mod-Bugfixes, several utilities and a GUI for 3 tilesets.

Would be great if you delete the old "accelerated df" entry, and put this new one directly under the "modest mod" link. :)

EDIT3: And please update this one:
☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress A mod package that makes DF 4 times as big, but still keeps true to the atmosphere of DF. Adds 110+ Buildings, 2000+ Reactions and 1000+ Creatures. Runs about 25% faster then the unmodded game. Includes Utilities. Read the thread for more info.  Also there is a plugin available by a seperate author -> Orc Fortress that adds even more depth, and allows you to play as Orcs. 
to this:

☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress A mod package that makes DF 4 times as big, but still keeps true to the atmosphere of DF. Adds 110+ Buildings, 2000+ Reactions and 1000+ Creatures. Runs about 25% faster then the unmodded game. Includes Utilities and 2 playable race plugins -> ☼Orc Fortress☼ and ☼Kobold Camp☼

I just added the Kobold Camp link... and made the description shorter. :) I should really rename this, since it might cause confusion with the original one that I included at first. Ah... I am so bad with names. Anyway, it does have its own thread and own set of raws, so its similar to the Orc Plugin. Not quite as extensive, buts its work in progress. :) Hope you are not a bit overwhelmed ^^
Finally got around to the rest.  Tell me if I missed anything or you want any further changes.

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
Re: Community Mods and utilities list/just more feedback
« Reply #758 on: April 21, 2013, 08:49:54 am »

As you wrote to Meph,

I am pleased that this list is helpful, I really do not get too much feedback, but it definitely pleases me that so far it has been very positive.
Just so you know, your mod is one of the few I run and I find it a lot of fun myself, even if it is a bit overwhelming to learn =)

"Overwhelming to learn" -- no kidding.   :)
It was your comment above that turned me on to MW.  There are SO MANY ... and you do a real service so, thanks for that.  Yours is one of the more useful threads on Bay12.   
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

dwarfkoala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: April 21, 2013, 07:56:23 pm »

Kinda wondering. Are workshop-raw only mods that didn't seem to have updated for 34.01 compatible with 34.11?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #760 on: April 22, 2013, 05:59:35 am »

Yes, everything looks good. :) Thank you.

@dwarfkoala: Yes, they should be fine.

dwarfkoala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: April 22, 2013, 05:55:01 pm »

Thanks.
In particular, I was asking because i'm getting back to DF after a good while and I didn't see Maxamillion's Vanilla DF+ update yet. I use that and your own DF accelerated mods when I play.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #762 on: April 22, 2013, 06:09:28 pm »

You mean Mechanixm's ?

zilpin

• Bay Watcher
  • 437 forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: April 25, 2013, 10:52:00 pm »

dfWorldTinker 0.34.11.0 released (finally).

Forum Thread

Download

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: April 26, 2013, 10:37:32 am »

Kinda wondering. Are workshop-raw only mods that didn't seem to have updated for 34.01 compatible with 34.11?

Yes, but only if you merge the entity files.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 69