Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 69

Author Topic: Community Mods and utilities list.  (Read 1209334 times)

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
Re: Community Mods and utilities list.
« Reply #525 on: August 19, 2011, 02:22:35 am »

Normally I don't criticize other people's opinions or descriptions of my work...  but I find the description for legends of Forlorn Realms a bit...  overly simple.  "Lots of stuff" isn't quite doing it for me.

LFR adds an immense number of creatures, weapons, buildings, and new races to the world of DF.  A full set of graphics for all associated creatures is included.  The mod is most notable for its chance-based implementation of alchemical "experiments," its "tech tree" advancements (buildings and reactions which unlock other buildings and reactions), associated documentation and lore files, and countless hidden features.

LFR was released to the general public on May 8th, 2011 (version 0.10a).  It has since progressed and expanded to the current version, 0.14b, released August 12th. 

For more information on the mod or its future developments, the parent thread can be found here.

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: August 22, 2011, 01:05:44 pm »

Normally I don't criticize other people's opinions or descriptions of my work...  but I find the description for legends of Forlorn Realms a bit...  overly simple.  "Lots of stuff" isn't quite doing it for me.

LFR adds an immense number of creatures, weapons, buildings, and new races to the world of DF.  A full set of graphics for all associated creatures is included.  The mod is most notable for its chance-based implementation of alchemical "experiments," its "tech tree" advancements (buildings and reactions which unlock other buildings and reactions), associated documentation and lore files, and countless hidden features.

LFR was released to the general public on May 8th, 2011 (version 0.10a).  It has since progressed and expanded to the current version, 0.14b, released August 12th. 

For more information on the mod or its future developments, the parent thread can be found here.

fair enough... I work 12 hour days, 6 days a week so some of my descriptions are kinda bland... Make a shorter description that hits the highlights of the mod*Does not have to be complete sentences*  and I will put it in its place when I get back from work tonight if I remember.

Also Added Dorf Space a while ago.  Never wrote a message because I was in a hurry. 

can I please have the link to the forum post for the REGEN mod, I try not to link to anything but forum posts so users can get support.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 01:08:46 pm by profit »
Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.

Azrathud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: August 22, 2011, 05:32:30 pm »

The DFHack page was updated. The OP is now linking to the legacy thread.
Here's the current thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91166.0

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: August 22, 2011, 07:24:37 pm »

Legends of Forlorn Realms - Adds a variety of creatures, items, races, and a tier-based system of "advancement" in the form of new buildings and reactions.  Lots of hidden features.

Take your time, profit, I apologize if my earlier post sounded rude.  I realize that maintaining this list is not a small project.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 01:04:27 am by narhiril »

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: August 23, 2011, 03:42:04 am »

The DFHack page was updated. The OP is now linking to the legacy thread.
Here's the current thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91166.0

Thanks, I will get that updated.

Legends of Forlorn Realms - Adds a variety of creatures, items, races, and a tier-based system of "advancement" in the form of new buildings and reactions.  Lots of hidden features.

Take your time, profit, I apologize if my earlier post sounded rude.  I realize that maintaining this list is not a small project.

I didn't take it as rude so don't worry, I took it as yeah, I know a bunch of mods have pathetic or no descriptions, and I was hoping someone who knows the mods will make one for me.

I had someone go though the utilities a couple months ago and test them for me, just have not done the same for the mods yet.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: August 29, 2011, 06:38:50 pm »

hey, profit, add this to the first mod section at your leisure:

Termitefolk Colony: Adds termitepeople as a playable, wood-eating, caste-based civilization.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #531 on: August 29, 2011, 09:09:50 pm »

The master had previously posted this here Regeneration this is the fourm topic. I had been waiting until I had a semi decent and workable version up (my standards for workable and decent are VERY high)

A quick little description for Regeneration or 'Regen' is:
This mod aims to bring a tiered Tech tree made up of three branches; Magic, Religion, and Tech. Also with new creatures and civs too, the toughest being the Undead. As now each faction (race) has its own strengths. Humans might come with holy metal or wizards, where Gnomes might have Steam Powered Battle Mechs. Much much more to come...

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: August 30, 2011, 03:31:27 am »

Been having internet connectivity problems along with lack of time.. I hope to have them straightened out today sometime. 

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 06, 2011, 12:27:02 pm »

is it still "today"?
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 07, 2011, 04:28:37 am »

hey, profit, add this to the first mod section at your leisure:

Termitefolk Colony: Adds termitepeople as a playable, wood-eating, caste-based civilization.

Added

The master had previously posted this here Regeneration this is the fourm topic. I had been waiting until I had a semi decent and workable version up (my standards for workable and decent are VERY high)

A quick little description for Regeneration or 'Regen' is:
This mod aims to bring a tiered Tech tree made up of three branches; Magic, Religion, and Tech. Also with new creatures and civs too, the toughest being the Undead. As now each faction (race) has its own strengths. Humans might come with holy metal or wizards, where Gnomes might have Steam Powered Battle Mechs. Much much more to come...

Added

is it still "today"?

It's been "today" for months..... working 12 hour days, 7 days a week, nothing ever seems to change....   Monday and Friday and Sunday are completely interchangeable.

Xasio7

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating jelly can help growing dwarves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 21, 2011, 09:47:09 am »

Hey just got my mod out of beta status the url is http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=76322.0 if you want to add it.

Here is the url to the graphics-pack for my mod Blob-Jelly-Slime Graphics Pack I'll ask Thundercraft if it ok for you to add this mod since he created , and is maintaining this mod.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 10:00:17 am by Xasio7 »
Check out my Slimes,Blobs,and Jellies mod and the Blob-Jelly-Slime Graphics Pack. Now with more slime goodness! (Any feedback is greatly appreciated.)

The perfect birthday present, a cute and cuddly blood blob, and for those growing dwarves try some jelly from a jelly, now with new range of flavors to try from.

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: September 23, 2011, 04:41:28 am »

Hey just got my mod out of beta status the url is Slimes,Blobs,and Jellies if you want to add it.

Here is the url to the graphics-pack for my mod Blob-Jelly-Slime Graphics Pack I'll ask Thundercraft if it ok for you to add this mod since he created , and is maintaining this mod.

Added.

OneMoreNameless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: September 28, 2011, 01:56:01 am »

Could you please add Creeper DF (aka "That's a very nice dwarven fortress you have there ...") to the list? It's a minor mod that works on top of any others, adding Minecraft creepers to the game as both wildlife and a civ.

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: October 01, 2011, 03:21:52 am »

Could you please add Creeper DF (aka "That's a very nice dwarven fortress you have there ...") to the list? It's a minor mod that works on top of any others, adding Minecraft creepers to the game as both wildlife and a civ.

Added

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: October 07, 2011, 10:39:00 am »

Might I request that Direforged be moved from Dwarf Fortress Mods to Major Mods?

Also, if you want to add this - Random creature script - Horses of Myth (and of Mundanity) - A script based on Sphalerite's random plant script, randomly creating several horse-like or horse-based creatures (and a few sheep).
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 69