Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 69

Author Topic: Community Mods and utilities list.  (Read 1209289 times)

AdeleneDawner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Community Mods and utilities list.
« Reply #465 on: April 17, 2011, 04:48:36 pm »

I've made a path-finding simulator (js/html) with a simple maze drawing ,dumping,linking . It's intended to simulate A* and implement demos for alternative path finding schemes to the  pure weighted A* in Dwarf Fortress which can cause slow downs due to it's high complexity .

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=81686.0

This is a highly useful thing, and perhaps very important to the development of dwarf fortress, however I am not sure it belongs in the community MODS and UTILITIES list.   HOWEVER I agree the list is currently an eclectic mix of things, so i would be open to hearing why you think it should be included, and I will weigh a judgment after that and possibly another judgment if the the community thinks different.

Sounds like a utility to me...
Dying (ceasing to be alive) is also not a Moodable skill. Even totally unskilled Dwarves seem to do it correctly.

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: April 17, 2011, 05:13:45 pm »

Sounds like a utility to me...

Yeah, it does, but I cannot figure out a way that it really improves game play.  It is just a pathing simulation and nothing distinguishes it really from the thousands of other pathing simulations on the web.
Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.

Niseg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: April 18, 2011, 04:31:49 am »

It's not really a big deal it's still being developed( I'm at the 25th~ version ). The only thing it can do that might be useful for DF is being a web maze drawing tool with forum output and ability to generate links to maze (b64 encoded string with maze). I've did some modifications to add room based navigation and I can farther modify it to use "traffic zones" this way you can really simulate the game.

It's still a general path finding simulator the main connection to DF is that DF sparked the motivation to create it. It's intention is to convert suggestions from path finding thread into a working system that's easily accessible on any platform (my primitive i856 iden phone can run it) .

Even without it on this thread I'll be glad to get any feature requests and feedback.
Projects:Path finding simulator(thread) -A*,weighted A*(traffic zones), user set waypoints (path caching), automatic waypoint room navigation,no-cache room navigation.

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: April 19, 2011, 02:37:23 am »

It's not really a big deal it's still being developed( I'm at the 25th~ version ). The only thing it can do that might be useful for DF is being a web maze drawing tool with forum output and ability to generate links to maze (b64 encoded string with maze). I've did some modifications to add room based navigation and I can farther modify it to use "traffic zones" this way you can really simulate the game.

It's still a general path finding simulator the main connection to DF is that DF sparked the motivation to create it. It's intention is to convert suggestions from path finding thread into a working system that's easily accessible on any platform (my primitive i856 iden phone can run it) .

Even without it on this thread I'll be glad to get any feature requests and feedback.

Actually now it is sounding more like a utility that belongs on the list =)

Added

Cave Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: April 25, 2011, 05:29:33 am »

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: April 25, 2011, 03:18:48 pm »

This is very interesting utility http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=62364.0

Wow... I thought that was on the list ages ago.... Maybe it just never got back on since the 40d days....

Inzaniak

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a digital banana.
    • View Profile
    • Gamer with Moustaches
« Reply #471 on: April 28, 2011, 05:32:35 pm »

You can add my mini-mods gallery if you want. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=82884.0

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: April 29, 2011, 12:22:06 am »

You can add my mini-mods gallery if you want. Inzaniak's furnace of mods

Added =)

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: April 29, 2011, 08:53:25 pm »

The Dwarf Fortress Mod manager is a useful utility that makes it much easier to combine and install multiple mods.  It is great, it should really be added  to Modding Utilities.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=74828.0

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: April 29, 2011, 08:56:35 pm »

The Dwarf Fortress Mod manager is a useful utility that makes it much easier to combine and install multiple mods.  It is great, it should really be added  to Modding Utilities.

Dwarf Fortress Mod manager

Added =)

knaveofstaves

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes bogeymen for their terror-inspiring antics.
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: April 29, 2011, 10:52:06 pm »

Have a look at DGC, I think the most recent release is in a pretty good state.
Dwarven Guidance Counselor, my little scripting project.

Fullmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Elfless
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: May 04, 2011, 07:47:30 am »

Umm, sorry for posting there. I'm searching for an old utility for 40d.

What it did was increasing 'see' distance in stone (It's one by default, so you see only nearest stone when mining). And IIRC it was unfortunately named StoneSense, so no luck googling it.
Quote from: Fishbulb
I got an artifact cave spider silk sock this morning. It's worth 5,720 dwarfbucks, and it doesn't menace with spikes of anything.
Dwarfs don't have issues.  Dwarfs merely have inspiration for the legendary artifact they will one day make.
Quote from: Urist son of Urist
Considering the general state of DF, I think Einstein and Newton are already rotating fast enough that you could hook them up to pumps and use them to kill Elves.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: May 04, 2011, 07:56:19 am »

There's a version of the Stone Sense utility for 31.x here. From the sound of it, the 40d version isn't online, but the author may be able to help you if you contact him.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: May 17, 2011, 04:35:32 am »

Have a look at DGC, I think the most recent release is in a pretty good state.

Added. 

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews
« Reply #479 on: May 17, 2011, 05:17:22 pm »

I was wondering Would u like my Reviews thread on here too? Or is it not summit that should be on here? lols

If not it's cool ^_^
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 69